Resistance 2 Collector's Edition ($59.99) at Amazon

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']They're not screwing anyone. I'm tired of hearing this everytime something drops in price. Obviously, no one is buying this particular version of the game. Amazon wants to try and get rid of them while there is still interest in the actual game, so they don't have to sell these CEs for $40 later on. They are a business, and at the end of the day, they have to maximize profits and minimize losses.[/quote]

it is definitely screwing people over when the game goes on sale (or drops) almost immediately after it releases

and Amazon seems to be doing that with a lot of games this month :bomb:

[quote name='buckythekat']it is definitely screwing people over when the game goes on sale (or drops) almost immediately after it releases

and Amazon seems to be doing that with a lot of games this month :bomb:[/quote]

:roll:

Do any of you ever take a step back and realize not everyone is out for your best interests? Seriously? For a second, stop being a Cheap Ass Gamer and put yourself in the shoes of a business. If they aren't moving a certain product, they need to drop the price. It is simple as that. Stop crying everytime something drops in price. How they are screwing you? You bought it already and have it in your hands. You wanted it at a particular time and bought it then. Now, it's a different price. Oh well.

I paid $80 on release day. Bought it at GameStop, but hell, I could buy it today from Amazon for $60. Thing is, I've been enjoying the game and other stuff for three weeks. That is the price I paid.

[quote name='Serpentor']^____ wow, just wow... Why do you even bother joining CAG?[/quote]

To look for deals, like this the one listed in this thread, not to bitch and moan that I had to pay 10 more dollars than some other guy because the other guy waited a month or so before he decided to buy.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']:roll:

Do any of you ever take a step back and realize not everyone is out for your best interests? Seriously? For a second, stop being a Cheap Ass Gamer and put yourself in the shoes of a business. If they aren't moving a certain product, they need to drop the price. It is simple as that. Stop crying everytime something drops in price. How they are screwing you? You bought it already and have it in your hands. You wanted it at a particular time and bought it then. Now, it's a different price. Oh well.

I paid $80 on release day. Bought it at GameStop, but hell, I could buy it today from Amazon for $60. Thing is, I've been enjoying the game and other stuff for three weeks. That is the price I paid.[/quote]

Exactly. I went to see how many were in stock for this deal to see how long I would have to bite and they had 999 in stock, but I guess Amazon should keep the price at $80 so they don't "screw" the people who already bought it.

Does the supermarket screw you when they put oranges on sale and you just bought a pound of oranges the day before?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']To look for deals, like this the one listed in this thread, not to bitch and moan that I had to pay 10 more dollars than some other guy because the other guy waited a month or so before he decided to buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, or we could order a new copy, return that for our original order since it's in the 30day window and you'd get the same thing. Only difference with BB is that you get no shipping fee back but if you can get Amazon to pay return shipping (i.e. they damaged the package, etc) then you've pricematched but with more of an unnecessary hassle.

I bought Rune Factory 2 (pre-order since it comes with a free plush for pre-order) and it released last Thur. Today it is $10 less and still comes with the plush. I'm going to refuse the package I got (never opened it) and order the cheaper version. Amazon pays shipping back when they could easily have price matched and I've violated no policy.

In this economy you're either a cheap ass or a dumb ass. Up to you to decide where you fall...

[EDIT - you also fail at analogies. You cannot return oranges at the super market (unless they have a defect) and supermarket competitors (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc) don't have price drop/match guarantees]

[quote name='prateeko']Yeah, or we could order a new copy, return that for our original order since it's in the 30day window and you'd get the same thing. Only difference with BB is that you get no shipping fee back but if you can get Amazon to pay return shipping (i.e. they damaged the package, etc) then you've pricematched but with more of an unnecessary hassle.

I bought Rune Factory 2 (pre-order since it comes with a free plush for pre-order) and it released last Thur. Today it is $10 less and still comes with the plush. I'm going to refuse the package I got (never opened it) and order the cheaper version. Amazon pays shipping back when they could easily have price matched and I've violated no policy.

In this economy you're either a cheap ass or a dumb ass. Up to you to decide where you fall...

[EDIT - you also fail at analogies. You cannot return oranges at the super market (unless they have a defect) and supermarket competitors (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc) don't have price drop/match guarantees][/QUOTE]

Actually, unless you've eaten the oranges, most supermarkets will take them back. They will pretty much take back anything else that's unopened as well. While I don't agree that Amazon owes anyone anything after a sale is made, I do think it's ridiculous that they give you the tools to cost them even more money by allowing unquestioned returns and rebuys. They also are making it far less likely that people will preorder games in the future. For example, I went back and looked and saw that I preordered and bought over $600 worth of stuff on Amazon between August and today. Looking back, every game I preordered is still in stock and available for less than I paid. I have no problem with that, but when they are making 20% price drops a day after they ship me my preorder, it makes me think maybe I should just wait on everything. In the long run, it's gonna cost them money on stuff I will not buy from them or will only buy at a much lower price and will save me more as well. As a result, they lose out on all my preorders. It's a case of them being penny wise but dollar foolish.

[quote name='prateeko']Yeah, or we could order a new copy, return that for our original order since it's in the 30day window and you'd get the same thing. Only difference with BB is that you get no shipping fee back but if you can get Amazon to pay return shipping (i.e. they damaged the package, etc) then you've pricematched but with more of an unnecessary hassle.

[EDIT - you also fail at analogies. You cannot return oranges at the super market (unless they have a defect) and supermarket competitors (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc) don't have price drop/match guarantees][/quote]

I don't think you should be refusing orders that you purchased just to get something at a slightly cheaper price either, but maybe it's just me not feeling entitled to getting whatever I want however I want. If I make a purchase, I'm going to accept that purchase. I'm not going to take it out on others just because of my bad decision, regardless if it fits someone else's policy or not.

And everytime I see someone use the word fail like that, I know I'm dealing with an idiot.

Basically, whenever I see someone price matching for 5-10 dollars, even though they bought the product a month ago or so, all I see is a baby wanting its bottle right away.

Oh crap, the computer that I bought six months ago is way cheaper to buy now. Dell just screwed me.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't think you should be refusing orders that you purchased just to get something at a slightly cheaper price either, but maybe it's just me not feeling entitled to getting whatever I want however I want. If I make a purchase, I'm going to accept that purchase. I'm not going to take it out on others just because of my bad decision, regardless if it fits someone else's policy or not.[/quote]

You're labeling everyone else as a sniveling baby who wants to take advantage of features that retailers voluntarily put forward to get customer loyalty. And you yourself are holding so dearly onto this notion that there's nobility in keeping an item even when someone is waving free money in your face. It just seems silly to me.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Exactly. I went to see how many were in stock for this deal to see how long I would have to bite and they had 999 in stock, but I guess Amazon should keep the price at $80 so they don't "screw" the people who already bought it.[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you check to see how many are in stock? I'm trying to convince myself not to buy this, and the only thing stopping me is the fact that the wireless internet I'm using is being stolen and I'm paranoid my information will get stolen. If I get home tomorrow, where there's a secure connection, I'm getting this.

On another note, I've held off on buying Resistance 2 until now despite really wanting it. I've been holding out faith it'll eventually get down to $40 on a deal before the end of the year. I was hoping Far Cry 2 would help me hold out,...but 'Shaq Fu' that game. Anyway, I agree with gettinmoney662. Time is money. If you spend the time not playing, you'll save money. A 1 week rental at Blockbuster would cost $8, so if you played the game for 2 weeks and then it dropped $20, oh well.
Really, just stop whining! Just be happy you're not a fool sitting on a 3 year old house that's worth a fraction of what he paid for it.

This reminds me of a time I was in Hiroshima with my Japanese friend. He tried to get me to go with him to get a blowjob for $80 or so, he had a coupon and it was an early bird special (at 7 a.m.). I told him I'd never pay that much for a BJ. He went and got one and I went back to the tram station. About 50 minutes later he meets me up. I ask him how it was. He says something like, "Yeah, it was good, but ehhhh. You know, it was expensive." What did I do? I whacked off in the station bathroom while I was waiting for him and saved myself the money. He told me I was smart. Moral of the story? Just whack off until you get the price you want or pay up and blow your load when you want to and how you want to.
Patience truly is a virtue.

...*facepalms at whole 3rd page*

Anyway, Gamefly'd Resistance 2 a couple of weeks ago. Clearly surprised me since I was expecting another piece of garbage FPS like the first but not enough to buy a copy above $30 new. Hopefully they fix the whole "kicked back out to main menu after online match" crap since that completely killed the MP IMO.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']Forgive my ignorance, but how do you check to see how many are in stock? I'm trying to convince myself not to buy this, and the only thing stopping me is the fact that the wireless internet I'm using is being stolen and I'm paranoid my information will get stolen. If I get home tomorrow, where there's a secure connection, I'm getting this.[/quote]

Click on add to cart, and then go to your cart and update the quantity you want to buy to 999. Usually it will say that they do not have that many in stock and they only have ___ available, but when I did it for this, it said I could buy 999.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Simple answer: the extra contents and the figurine of this CE suck. Besides the Making DVD, the figurine is cheapy looking and the artbook has only 16 double pages (including the cover)! Tell me if this extra contents worth the extra $20? It's no brainer why Amazon dropped this CE dud because once people realize they get crappy stuffs for $80, no one is going to recommend it to their friends.

If it were to have a steel case then I can justify the extra dollars. Have you seen the artbook from Fallout 3 CE, now THAT is the artbook this game should have.[/QUOTE]

Talking about artbooks nothing beats Warhammer Online collectors. Best collecters edition I've seen.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']To look for deals, like this the one listed in this thread, not to bitch and moan that I had to pay 10 more dollars than some other guy because the other guy waited a month or so before he decided to buy.[/quote]

True, respect that, peace. But let me tell ya, bitch and moans save money, you don't believe me? Well, i got my $7 back from EP after reading the other post. Also, i got my bonus skin from R2 CE as well, something Amazon fails to e-mail me (i had to ask for it).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']:roll:

I paid $80 on release day. Bought it at GameStop, but hell, I could buy it today from Amazon for $60. Thing is, I've been enjoying the game and other stuff for three weeks. That is the price I paid.[/quote]

Oh for god's sake, do any of you take a step back and ask this, why should we, the tax payer, bailout the corps? Seriously, just be a Cheap Ass Gamer and wear your own shoe. If things go on sale, you like you buy, simple as that. If you already have it, return it with the original receipt. It's common sense 101. Maybe the word "screw" is too strong, but bottom line is, as a consumer in the good old USA, you're allowed to return a new identical item within the store's return policy. Nothing criminal or even unethical about this. It's just a matter of opportunity cost, i.e. is it worth the time?

You can buy the $60 copy from Amazon and then return it to GS with your original receipt. The only problem i see is that GS receipt might be expired for return by the time you get the game from Amazon. Of course, there are ways to go around this, i.e. stretch your receipt window.... Anyway, personally, anything more than two steps, it's not worth the headache. Hey, that's $20, in CAG's term, another game or two.

[quote name='bojay1997']They also are making it far less likely that people will preorder games in the future. For example, I went back and looked and saw that I preordered and bought over $600 worth of stuff on Amazon between August and today. Looking back, every game I preordered is still in stock and available for less than I paid. I have no problem with that, but when they are making 20% price drops a day after they ship me my preorder, it makes me think maybe I should just wait on everything. In the long run, it's gonna cost them money on stuff I will not buy from them or will only buy at a much lower price and will save me more as well. As a result, they lose out on all my preorders.[/quote]
This. I also don't agree that Amazon is "screwing" anyone-- they're free to set their prices as they please, when they please. However, I won't deny that these kind of Week One price drops feel like a slap in the face. Amazon encourages you to preorder and they tout their preorder price guarantee as the way to get in on the best possible price, then a matter of days later, they make you feel foolish for buying into it. Does making your customers regret their purchase, and feel like they got taken for a ride, really sound like a good business practice to anyone here? Again, of course Amazon hasn't technically done anything wrong or violated any policy. But they are doing a great job of making long-time, loyal customers like myself feel insulted and taken advantage of.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This. I also don't agree that Amazon is "screwing" anyone-- they're free to set their prices as they please, when they please. However, I won't deny that these kind of Week One price drops feel like a slap in the face. Amazon encourages you to preorder and they tout their preorder price guarantee as the way to get in on the best possible price, then a matter of days later, they make you feel foolish for buying into it. Does making your customers regret their purchase, and feel like they got taken for a ride, really sound like a good business practice to anyone here? Again, of course Amazon hasn't technically done anything wrong or violated any policy. But they are doing a great job of making long-time, loyal customers like myself feel insulted and taken advantage of.[/quote]

Well said, luckily we have until 1/31/09 for returns on orders from 11/1 to 12/31 and a nice email usually gets return shipping costs waived so not all is lost.

Looks like the price shot back up to $79.99. I was thinking about getting it, but I decided get the normal edition when its cheaper.

[quote name='rightangle90']Looks like the price shot back up to $79.99. I was thinking about getting it, but I decided get the normal edition when its cheaper.[/QUOTE]

actually, it's been jumping up and down in price. be patient because it will definitely go back down to $59 or lower

bread's done
Back