Resistance: Burning Skies for $19.99 at Amazon

I just played the demo this weekend and I have NO idea why the reviewers said it was garbage

A perfectly fine twin stick shooter with some weird touch screen implementations

Yeah, I enjoyed the demo as well, so I may get it at this price. I'm no hardcore FPS fan, as Metroid Prime and Bioshock have really been the only ones I have ever enjoyed, so I found the demo to be fine. I wasn't wear the standard FPS glasses though, so to those consumers, they may have had valid issues.

What are the chances of a PS+ release? If it isn't likely I may grab this.

I've been burned too many times by free PS+ releases within weeks of a purchase

[quote name='jer7583']This game needs to be $5 already[/QUOTE]

There have been so many great deals on Vita games over the last year, and I'm amazed that this game hasn't been cheaper before(10-15 range at least). I have to imagine most retailers over bought this, and once the reviews came out, sales had to be dismal at best. But it must be selling pretty well, as the deals just haven't been there. Even the Ebay prices are pretty good considering how bad most consider this game to be.

Maybe sales have been better than we think. I had no expectations really, as I'm no fan of the series, so the demo seemed good to me. Does the game get better or worse of the entire game? If it keeps the demo quality over the whole game, I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

I will also say Im not buying it at 20. This is a game that SCREAMS PS+ freebie or Ill wait for a 9.99 or under digital sale

Normally I like to have disc version so to speak for resale value but this ones trade in is Dead on Arrival

I was hoping to find some answers in this thread, but I'm still on the fence. I wish this game would drop to 9.97. I've been playing some great games lately and I really don't want to spoil it with some mediocre game. (at least not until it hits 10 dollars).

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I just played the demo this weekend and I have NO idea why the reviewers said it was garbage

A perfectly fine twin stick shooter with some weird touch screen implementations[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I've played it to completion (about 5 hours) and I had fun the whole way through. I didn't get to try out the multiplayer though as it requires an online pass.

BUT, I can see this being on PS+ sooner rather than later. Which is good for me, cuz that means a free online pass :p

I played through the game, I don't normally play FPS games but I enjoyed it. It's not going to change your life and it's not the greatest FPS. It's a little clunky at times but overall I knew what it was going in. It's got a simple story that kept me moving forward. Having paid about $16 and selling it for $18 I can't complain. I'd say it's worth buying for $20, do a quick playthrough and sell it off. You could probably get most of your money back. It's also pretty short...maybe 6 hours if I remember correctly. There is multiplayer but I didn't bother with it.

Definitely not worth this price. Picked it up for $10 from Gamefly last year. And that was still pushing it.

i bought it at launch, really enjoyed it. super easy platinum too. no idea why reviewers didn't seem to like it, it was fun and plays nice.

I'd say it's worth it for $20, it's not nearly as bad as the reviews made it out to be. It's not the best FPS in the world by any stretch, but for a 6 hour casual romp with some interesting weapons it gets the job done.

the game is worth $20.
the reviews were really bad, and i dont know why ? if this was a game for ps3 i would say its not good. but for the vita, it was a fun game. worth $20

It's not terrible, it's just really bland and uninspired. I'd say worth $10 but for $20... only if you have nothing else to play and don't mind another generic FPS. It's an easy platinum for trophy hunters, though.

[quote name='NaiveCynic']It's not terrible, it's just really bland and uninspired. I'd say worth $10 but for $20... only if you have nothing else to play and don't mind another generic FPS. It's an easy platinum for trophy hunters, though.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The game is not broken its just very straight forward. Good if you enjoy fps campaigns.

[quote name='NaiveCynic']It's not terrible, it's just really bland and uninspired. I'd say worth $10 but for $20... only if you have nothing else to play and don't mind another generic FPS. It's an easy platinum for trophy hunters, though.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% plus it was over in under 6 hours.

I played through it, and its not that bad. It's certainly not going to blow anyone away, but its a FPS on a handheld with twin sticks and it gets the job done if you set expectations accordingly.
Personally I think $20 is a bit steep. For Call of Duty it's worth it, but not Resistance. Multiplayer wasn't very good from what I played, and with that being blah there's no replay value once you finish the campaign.
If you're on the fence like I was just buy a used copy at Gamrestop. I can almost guarantee you'll be returning it after the credits roll.

I platinumed it and had a great time. I actually thought it was a lot of fun and didn't think of it as "un-inspired". The weapons were fun, the gameplay was solid, and the graphics were good. Easy platinum too!

[quote name='jer7583']This game needs to be $5 already[/QUOTE]

Pretty much...then again, with Killzone: Mercenary coming in September, I would still save my $5...

[quote name='giantqtipz']If it aint battlefield. It aint worth it.

Yours truly,
Battlefield fanatic

But seriously, I want a battlefield game on the vita![/QUOTE]

This^^

BF4 on Vita would be amazing.

Prettu much how I feel. This game is $10 or less territory.

[quote name='giantqtipz']If it aint battlefield. It aint worth it.

Yours truly,
Battlefield fanatic

But seriously, I want a battlefield game on the vita![/QUOTE]

PS4 remote play could be the ticket.

[quote name='ultramanJ']PS4 remote play could be the ticket.[/QUOTE]

I think that will work best for things that don't rely on split second twitch adjustments

Hopefully the delay won't be too bad

bread's done
Back