Resistance Collection coming "Winter" - 1, 2, and 3 + (some) DLC 39.99 MSRP PS3

rodieremix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hello,

I know this MSRP but I also saw people posted the Killzone, GOW, Infamous and Ratchet & Clank collections so I thought I would post this one too. I know I personally like these collections because I haven't played any of these games except the Infamous series so these are a great way to catch up. From the PSN Blog:

"This year we’ve been rolling out some great value offerings for PS3 owners who may have missed some of our past classics, from God of War Saga to the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Today, we’re happy to announce that we have yet another sweet collection coming your way this winter — The Resistance Collection.
The Resistance Collection will include all three of the critically acclaimed PS3 Resistance games from Insomniac Games – Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2, and Resistance 3. You’ll also get extra bonus DLC content for Resistance 2 and Resistance 3 so you can play with all of the best DLC from both games, including the Aftermath Pack and skin bundle from Resistance 2, and both the Brutality and Survival Packs from Resistance 3. For those of you who missed out on Nathan Hale and Joseph Capelli’s battle against the Chimeran invasion, this is a great chance to get all three games for just $39.99 and enjoy the exotic weapons and frenetic multiplayer action the series is known for."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/04/resistance-collection-hits-ps3-this-winter/

Looks like it doesn't have all the available DLC, just some, but I'm not too familiar with the series so maybe I'm wrong.

This is one series I never got around to trying out, so it's nice to hear about a collection such as this. Don't know if I'll get it on the release date- just depends when that ends up being- but I'll certainly get it down the line sometime. Thanks for posting.

Best console-exclusive FPS series IMO. Blows Killzone out of the water. I already own all three games and all DLC, but if the packaging looked nice and they "remastered" the first game somehow (included trophies) I'd consider putting all three games towards the collection.

Man, all these collections coming out is definitely not helping my wallet or my backlog.

I already have 1 and 2 (the collector's edition). If they added trophy support for the first game, include ALL the DLC from all 3 games, and the PSP Resistance game to sweeten the pot, I'd spring for this collection.

Anyone that hasn't played these needs to pick them up. All of the games are really fun. I still prefer KZ2, but the series as a whole is much better than KZ.

[quote name='Luriden']Best console-exclusive FPS series IMO. Blows Killzone out of the water [/QUOTE]They are both good. Killzone 2 was better than R2, but R3 was better than KZ3

[quote name='Havok83']They are both good. Killzone 2 was better than R2, but R3 was better than KZ3[/QUOTE]

The controls ruined Killzone 2 for me. Turning felt like I was maneuvering a tank, and I can't really explain why. It was a decent game otherwise, but I struggled even on the easier difficulties because of that issue, and the final boss was nearly impossible for me to beat. Adjusting the sensitivity didn't help. Killzone 3 fixed it, but the game itself was pretty boring. It took some effort to force myself to finish it. Fortunately it was absurdly short.

Once the Killzone collection is out (or is it already) and goes on sale, I'll try them again. I've never played the first Killzone either.

I liked both KZ2 and 3, havent played 1, so I may buy it on PSN once it comes out. I loved Resistance Fall of Man, but it was also my first HD experience so I was in awe of the HD graphics at the time. My mind was blown. So that may have something to do with why I loved R1 as I hated R2. I got R3 cheap from BB but havent played it yet.

bread's done
Back