Resistance Collection for $20 @ Amazon

Resistance 3 is fantastic my favorite FPS of the generation. If they rereleased in 1080p on ps4 it would probably be absolutely epic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that the shittiness of the first two games made people skip the excellent third
I found the third one to be completely crap. My favorite in the Series has to be the first one it had a great Story and it was fun at the time to couch coop with a friend. And the second one had amazing Multiplayer where it felt like you were in a actual warzone with chaotic battles, it even had pretty decent coop missions with 8 or 12 players which were fun. And then we have Reaistance 3 where they just threw everything out the window and settled with a decent story and crap multiplayer that was reduced from (im not sure if it was 56 or 64) players to 16 players. Although I will say the coop was ok but not amazing.

*Rant Over*

I heard Burning Skies was terrible and I can't find a good deal on any other games at the moment to get that free shipping =/.
If only a Tales of the Abyss price match.

Ugh, I want this collection but I have a huge backlog... Do you think if I wait a couple of months, it'll get cheaper because I have no intention or time to play it right away.

My only issue with this is that its a slipcover which houses all 3 games in their original bluray case. To date, all of the Sony Collections has been one bluray case with the different discs for the games and I prefer it that way. Not only does it save space, but it looks nicer. That image at the link is very misleading as that's not how its sold. This is what you'll get

$(KGrHqJ,!iwFD)3PFL4fBRJgtj7kSg~~60_35.JPG

My only issue with this is that its a slipcover which houses all 3 games in their original bluray case. To date, all of the Sony Collections has been one bluray case with the different discs for the games and I prefer it that way. Not only does it save space, but it looks nicer. That image at the link is very misleading as that's not how its sold. This is what you'll get

Just picking nits, but the Uncharted collection is like this too (slipcover with multiple cases inside). I thought there was another one but I can't recall. In any event, all of their newer collections are as you described so it's still weird and irritating.

Just picking nits, but the Uncharted collection is like this too (slipcover with multiple cases inside). I thought there was another one but I can't recall. In any event, all of their newer collections are as you described so it's still weird and irritating.
You mean the UC Dual pack? I didnt consider that as it was released before Sony began its current Collection line last year (the one which also includes PS3 games with the gold logo over a white back drop. Sony seemingly wanted to have the releases be uniform with their presentation which is why the Resistance released under the same banner sticks out

My only problem is having 2 red cases w 1 clear case.

I wish the color was more consistent (all red or all clear).

And yes, I have issues.

I hate that the shittiness of the first two games made people skip the excellent third
I haven't played the third yet (own it) but the first two are excellent. The second is sort of worse because they switch from a "you can hold 9 billion interesting weapons" system to a lame "you can only hold 2 weapons at a time" system that most shooters use. It's still good despite that though (I mean most every game uses the same system).

I heard Burning Skies was terrible and I can't find a good deal on any other games at the moment to get that free shipping =/.
If only a Tales of the Abyss price match.
Yeah, unfortunately it has nothing to do with the original developer. I still bought it anyway lol but expecting it to stink. Thankfully Killzone: Mercenary is supposed to be awesome.

i enjoyed part three except for the ending and that awfull uninstalling glitch. part 1 is a classic and part 2 is pretty solid imo, especially the chicago mission
What's the uninstalling glitch? Like you can't get rid of it lol? I remember when watching early S1 Revolution how much Chicago looked like Chicago in Resistance 2!

R3 was by far the glitchiest game I ever played on my PS3. It was so bad that the only way I was able to play it was to join someone's online co-op game and that only worked half the time as it would often freeze during the loading process. It was completely unplayable offline solo for me.

One is the best single player, 2 has the best multiplayer(co-op mode is awesome!), and 3 has the best...well, I actually didn't like 3 all that much.

I'm playing through the third one right now and it's been a blast so far. I'm interested in picking up the other two but I tried the demo for the first one and the control scheme seems insanely outdated. So I guess my question is, how do the first two stack up compared to the third gameplay wise. Btw, I'm only really interested in the single player campaigns.

Dumb question, how long do you think Amazon will have this sale?

I found out about this sale after I bought The Last of Us for $35 with F.S.

Money got real tight real quick this week. I might be able to get this game if the sale lasts a few more days.

bread's done
Back