Resistance: Fall of Man EGM Preview

getmyrunon

CAGiversary!
Leafing through my October EGM I spotted this preview article. My scanner is all boxed up at the moment but some interesting snippets:

-There will be ranked/unranked online play
-Ranked online play will be a big deal with leaderboards, rankings, and "Ribbons and Medals" which look to be achievement ripoffs.
- Four announced game types - DM, Team DM, Breach and Meltdown (kinda like CTF/King of the Hill). More coming later (they don't say when).
-Four 40 player maps, then some 30, 20, and other smaller ones.
-Online ranking matchmaking
-Voice Chat
-Downloadable content (no word on if its free or not)
-Basic clan support
-No vehicles (loud boos)
-Humans have big radars, good sprint, less prone to headshots, not as powerful.
-Chimera - "Rage mode" where you can do damage and run quickly, but your body will heat up and you will become vulnerable.
- EGM played a maxed out 40 person game and said there was no lag, even when everyone was in one area (doubtful on this one as it might have just been a lan..)
- Use of the PS3 tilt: thrusting forward with the controller will launch a melee attack, possibly (not implemented yet) moving the controller in some way will reveal the map.
-Co-Op splitscreen (no multiplayer)
-Intelligent AI (what game doesn't say this)

Interesting! The screens look freaking amazing (not so much in the mag but floating around online).

For a while this has looked like one of the PS3's killer-apps at launch. Looking at its developers puts a lot of confidence in me about the final product. I hope it does turn out as well as the hype that's building around it.

bread's done
Back