Resistance Fall of Man

boatboy1

CAGiversary!
Well I'm getting PS3 on June 12th when the MGS4 bundle comes out and I really want to get Resistance Fall of Man. The game has been out for about a year and a half and it's still $59.99 everywhere so I was wondering if anyone has heard of any upcoming price drops or sales. I can spend about $30.00.

I just got a PS3 yesterday, and boy was I dissapointed in Fall of Man, I prefer Gears of War and COD4 10x times over, save your money

If you can pick it for around $30 it is worth the purchase, with the above poster Gears is better, get COD4 for online single player to short and ROFM for single player online is slow.

Playing: GTA4
Forza2
Uncharted(again)

I never bothered with it because the demo was such a pain in the ass. I'm with the others, get COD4 when you get the cash (or if you are just looking for a great game get Uncharted).

I was considering Uncharted because it's about $30.00 on gamefly right now but I was wanting to do some co op play with my brother and that's why I thought Resistance would be cool. For those that have played both do you think I should just get Uncharted and wait until Resistance drops?

[quote name='boatboy1']I was considering Uncharted because it's about $30.00 on gamefly right now but I was wanting to do some co op play with my brother and that's why I thought Resistance would be cool. For those that have played both do you think I should just get Uncharted and wait until Resistance drops?[/quote]

Get Uncharted and wait until Resistance drops, trust me, IT WILL DROP SOON. Uncharted is amazing, even though I've only played it today :D Just got PS3 last Friday and accumulated these already:

-Call of Duty 4
-Uncharted
-VF5
-Darkness
-Untold Legends
-Motorstrom
-Resistance

and yes, Resistance online is SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....

^ I got Untold Legends also Yesterday, and I am enjoying it, I havent tried Online yet though, I probably will tonight :)

for the record, Uncharted is GREAT!!!

I played this on my cousins PS3 and it really is just an average FPS shooter. COD 4 is much better than RFoM, and it is a rare instance that COD 4 get praise from me.

rfom is a fun game, i used to have it but i sold it after i got bored of playing it and the lack of players online. I'm sure there will be a price drop soon since rfom 2 is supposed to be out this fall or if its gets delayed early 2009. COD4 online is great i enjoy the gameplay, rfom can't say much about online (it was much different just after launch) but offline is pretty awesome too

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Get Uncharted and wait until Resistance drops, trust me, IT WILL DROP SOON. Uncharted is amazing, even though I've only played it today :D Just got PS3 last Friday and accumulated these already:

-Call of Duty 4
-Uncharted
-VF5
-Darkness
-Untold Legends
-Motorstrom
-Resistance

and yes, Resistance online is SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....[/quote]

Wow, I got my PS3 half a year ago and you already have more games than me. I'd also recommend waiting until Resistance drops. There's more than enough other games to tide you over until then. I still haven't bought it yet.

Well I went to two different Targets when I was running some errands and neither one had it discounted so I ordered Uncharted when I got home. I can't wait! Thanks for the advice.

I always love when people pass their own opinions off as their majority opinion...and also fail to even answer the TC's question. Stuff like Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, and Gears are all A+ titles. Just because a game isn't as good as them, that doesn't mean it's a piece of trash. Resistance has got like an average of 85%, so someone must have liked it. I know I did.

Anyway, eBay is always a great place to find first-party exclusives that don't drop in price.

Really enjoyed the co-op of RFoM. Is it groundbreaking? Not really. Is it worth your $? For $30, I'd say so. My guess is once we get closer to Resistance 2 (or just the holiday season) you'll see price drops galore.

I've played a few levels of RFOM co op with my cousin and I thought it was pretty good. I still plan on getting the game for sure. When People start knocking a game that's got consistently decent reviews I usually assume it's because they just want to stir up attention. Thanks for the input guys!

bread's done
Back