Resistance more expensive used than new?

lalagideon

CAGiversary!
Hi, all:

I was at Gamestop on 225th St. in New York this afternoon hoping to pick up Resistance for PS3 at the new Greatest Hits price. They had non-Greatest Hits copies (regular, clear case, not red Greatest Hits case) for the GH price of $29.99. I thought I could totally cash in on the deal by buying it used using the logic that it should be less than the new. NOPE. Either Gamestop hasn't updated their computers to reflect the new pricing or they're pulling another of their lame tricks. The used version was $39.99! So glad CAG isn't BFF with Gamestop anymore. Incompetents..... Any thoughts, fellow CAGs?

Gideon

Uh... yeah, this is common. GS has little to no say in the retail price of a new game but they can price used games as they wish. This usually happens when a game's retail price drops and they don't bother updating their used game price to match it for a while.

Same as what everyone else has replied. This ALWAYS happens. Not sure why someone in their corporate offices hasn't figured out that this update should happen in the system at the same time as the price drop on the new version, but that is GS for ya. #-o

It usually happens for one day. I wouldn't be surprised if sony/microsoft/nintendo ask and are given a one day window to do big markdowns and then GS can mark the used one down the next day.

The games that were marked down were not usual markdowns. They were the first ever greatest hits on the ps3.

And all the GS hate in this post is hilarious.

[quote name='jling84']Um.. also not to be nitpicky, but isn't CAG BFF with Gamestop now? If not BFF, at least BF.[/quote]

Yes and it's almost embarrassing at times.

Might be because some people prefer black label over GH *shrugs* Either that or they didn't update their computers yet. Next time you go in, ask one of the employees what's up with that :T

bread's done
Back