Resitance:FoM $39.99

I bought this game for $59.99 and it was worth every penny. I LOVE THIS GAME. At $39.99 it's a steal for the amount of replay value to be had.

P.S. - $29.99 is a ridiculous price. Kudos to whoever bought it at that price point.

[quote name='silks']I bought this game for $59.99 and it was worth every penny. I LOVE THIS GAME. At $39.99 it's a steal for the amount of replay value to be had.

P.S. - $29.99 is a ridiculous price. Kudos to whoever bought it at that price point.[/QUOTE]

Agreed--worth every penny of $60. It's a shame that people were so hung up on Gears of War when this game came out, cause it's the best FPS since Halo 2, easily. Oh, and the 4-player lag-free online matches don't hurt, either :)

[quote name='AwRy108']Agreed--worth every penny of $60. It's a shame that people were so hung up on Gears of War when this game came out, cause it's the best FPS since Halo 2, easily. Oh, and the 4-player lag-free online matches don't hurt, either :)[/quote]

Only 4 player online... are you kidding?

I may pick this up at that price. But i really want to wait to see if it goes on the greatest hits list. I wanted this game for awhile now

[quote name='AwRy108']Agreed--worth every penny of $60. It's a shame that people were so hung up on Gears of War when this game came out, cause it's the best FPS since Halo 2, easily. Oh, and the 4-player lag-free online matches don't hurt, either :)[/quote]

i have to agree with this. it's vastly underrated

I would buy if it did 1080. Since it only does 720 it gets dumbed down to 480 on my 1080 only TV. Why Sony hasn't fixed this is beyond me. I REFUSE to buy a game that will not do 1080....

[quote name='[email protected]']I would buy if it did 1080. Since it only does 720 it gets dumbed down to 480 on my 1080 only TV. Why Sony hasn't fixed this is beyond me. I REFUSE to buy a game that will not do 1080....[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I can't stand people who are all about 1080. Have you even tried this game yet? Just because you can't get full 1080 with it doesn't mean its not a great game.

[quote name='Kirra']I'm sorry, but I can't stand people who are all about 1080. Have you even tried this game yet? Just because you can't get full 1080 with it doesn't mean its not a great game.[/QUOTE]

While I agree, I will say this: part of the beauty of Resistance is how great the HD graphics look, especially in the single-player campaign--SONY really needs to address the whole scaling thing right away.

I must be the only person in the universe that thought this game got a free pass in the reviews because it was the first FPS on the PS3. It's the only time I've ever felt awkward trying to use a dual analog controller, and frankly I didn't see much about it that made it stand out against a crapload of other me-too first person shooters.

I suppose it's worth $40, but I'd say only if you're really aching for something to play on PS3. So far the only game I haven't gotten tired of is Full Auto 2, which got so-so reviews even though it's one of the more pure fun games I've played in a long time. It reminds me of San Francisco Rush, but with more explosions.

[quote name='Skexis']I must be the only person in the universe that thought this game got a free pass in the reviews because it was the first FPS on the PS3. It's the only time I've ever felt awkward trying to use a dual analog controller, and frankly I didn't see much about it that made it stand out against a crapload of other me-too first person shooters.

I suppose it's worth $40, but I'd say only if you're really aching for something to play on PS3. So far the only game I haven't gotten tired of is Full Auto 2, which got so-so reviews even though it's one of the more pure fun games I've played in a long time. It reminds me of San Francisco Rush, but with more explosions.[/quote]

I am use to using xbox controls for FPS's but after some ajustment and playing I got used to playin with the sixaxis sticks. I rented this game from gamefly and now I am picking it up for 40 and believe it is worth every penny.

[quote name='Kirra']I'm sorry, but I can't stand people who are all about 1080. Have you even tried this game yet? Just because you can't get full 1080 with it doesn't mean its not a great game.[/quote]

The post above with the link is the exact problem I have. I tried the demo and I'll play Gears of War over it any day. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't buy RFoM though. It is ironic that I can play any PS1 or PS2 game in 1080i, but not a lot of the PS3 games. If it can be done for EVERY GAME on the 360, there is no reason it can't be done on the Almighty PS3. Yes, I own both including a Wii, so don't go shouting "Hater" :lol:

[quote name='jackdoe']Err... 1080i looks worse than 720p. I'd take 720p over 1080i any day.[/quote]
That's wonderful. Thanks for the useless opinion. The problem is that many people don't have HDTVs that support 720p. So these people get stuck with 480p. If I wanted to play 480p, I'd bring out my PS2 and buy much cheaper games.

[quote name='jackdoe']Err... 1080i looks worse than 720p. I'd take 720p over 1080i any day.[/QUOTE]

spoken like a true joe six pack..i'm not surprised.

lack of 720 -> 1080 scaling is holding me back as well...the picture looks butt ugly at 480p and is almost unplayable.

Guess it's time to buy better tv's that support 780p.

I don't expect the game to be great, I just need some use out of my PS3, and nothing else tickles my fancy. Especially now that LAIR got bad reviews...

[quote name='phutu']Think i'll wait for it to be one of the greatest hits this holiday season.[/quote]
Somehow I doubt Sony is going to make their best seller Greatest hits until they need to. Look at how long it took Halo to come a "platinum hit"

[quote name='icedout297']That's wonderful. Thanks for the useless opinion. The problem is that many people don't have HDTVs that support 720p. So these people get stuck with 480p. If I wanted to play 480p, I'd bring out my PS2 and buy much cheaper games.[/quote]

And thank you for the useless post. Besides, people that buy a PS3 without a TV that supports 720P know what they're getting into or don't know anything about HD so it doesn't matter. And next gen games that run in 480p look better than anything on the PS2 in 480p. As much as I love God of War II in 480p, it just can't compare graphically to Gears of War in 480p.

[quote name='jackdoe']And thank you for the useless opinion. Besides, people that buy a PS3 without a TV that supports 720P know what they're getting into or don't know anything about HD so it doesn't matter. And next gen games that run in 480p look better than anything on the PS2 in 480p. As much as I love God of War II in 480p, it just can't compare graphically to Gears of War in 480p.[/quote]
And what exactly was my opinion? That I sarcastically said your opinion was wonderful? :roll: It's an error on Sony's part that needs to be corrected. End of story.

[quote name='icedout297']And what exactly was my opinion? That I sarcastically said your opinion was wonderful? :roll: It's an error on Sony's part that needs to be corrected. End of story.[/quote]

My mistake, I fixed it to say post. Sorry about that.

Will the both of you quit bitching? Man.......

Resolution preference is always in the eye of the beholder. So STFU.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I'd probably get this game if it supported keyboard and mouse, but I tried the demo and controlling it with a pad is just terrible :([/quote]

i didn't like the demo, but like the game...weird i guess :roll:

[quote name='ighosty']i didn't like the demo, but like the game...weird i guess :roll:[/quote]

Actually, I felt the same way, which is why I didn't buy the game during Amazon's DotD. Now that I've rented it, however ... I want it. :)

[quote name='silentbob007']Actually, I felt the same way, which is why I didn't buy the game during Amazon's DotD. Now that I've rented it, however ... I want it. :)[/quote]

u sound like me :rofl:

You guys are making me worried because I really liked the demo and I don't like FPS games usually. Does that mean I won't like the full game?

[quote name='mxpowar']You guys are making me worried because I really liked the demo and I don't like FPS games usually. Does that mean I won't like the full game?[/quote]

u could always rent it first if you wanted, but u should like the game if u like the demo, because the game is even better then the demo so...

Resistance was a quite enjoyable FPS to me. There's even a little strategy or tactical thinking involved, but the game is mostly just blowing a lot of things up good. One of the best things about the game is that each weapon is useful if you take a moment to think about the situation. Example being that your standard rifle seems redundant once you get a supposedly stronger weapon, but actually playing with the weapons shows you significant differences that keep them all useful. Also, the enemies do try to use cover properly and will only rush you when a bunch of them are present.

What I did not like was that for the mass of enemies thrown at you, there was no variety in the models. Every particular type of enemy was identical and I had hoped that there would be a little something to differentiate one "elite" from the other given we're in the next generation. Other than that I liked the game a lot and don't feel bad about a full-price purchase. There's even a bit of replay value, but I warn you that hard difficulty is indeed very hard.

Bottom line is that Resistance is a pretty good deal for $40, even if it wasn't one of the only 2 exclusive games worth playing on the system.

bread's done
Back