Resonance of Fate - $15.99 (Xbox 360) @ Newegg

Did anyone purchase this when it was $20? I can't remember if they offered the Iron Egg guarantee during that time.

So, can anyone tell me anything about this game? Did a quick metasearch and saw that it's been rated fairly well across the board. I know that apparently it's a JRPG with a very different combat system. Can anyone relate it to existing games? $16 seems a good price (i've had a bit of a jrpg bug lately) but I know absolutely no things about this game. =(

(Or if there's a demo on PSN or XBL that'd work too, i just haven't bothered looking)

Thanks OP! $16 is not that bad for this game but im kinda holding on to whether to purchase or not considering there are a few other games on sell worth buying also. I'm going to think about it. I saw a few gameplay videos and really like the gameplay system!

FINALLY. I've been waiting for this to drop to $15, but $16 is close enough for me. NO tax makes this deal even more epic. Thank you OP!

Great game, definitely pick it up at this price. I'd grab one but I'm two trophies away from Platinum on PS3 and it's too late to start over on my epenis on 360.

If only this game had a story. It's one of the better JRPGs in terms of gameplay, but the story is gibberish.

Not sure I'd buy this one unless you've already played ToV, Lost Odyssey, or -- dare I say -- FF13.

Yep I had to bight at this price, that and Brutal Legend for $7 I couldn't help myself. $22 for both games and still in time for Christmas haha

I ended up paying $18 at amazon for this game and I also bought Blue Dragon $9 at amazon with a total of $27 out the pocket with free shipping, which is going to arrive at my doorstep before Christmas. Not bad for two underrated JRPG's.

I have bought so far this Christmas season:

Fight Night Round 4- $9
Mass Effect 2- &10
Tales of Vesperia- $17
Resonance of Fate- $18
Blue Dragon- $9

Good games for good prices! I still want a few more before this Christmas season ends!

To anyone who doesn't know about this game, I can tell you I've played it to about what seems like about 60% completion, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

I was pretty much burnt out on JRPG's after having played some mediocre ones like Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, and Lost Odyssey. But RoF is like a breath of fresh air, and it reminds me of why I always liked Tri-Ace games back in the 32bit days.

You can read about the battle system if you check around online, and yes, it can be really confusing at first. But that's it's greatest strength, because it's SO completely different from anything else.

Since the characters all use guns, every battle is like a Hong Kong action movie scene, over the top. The characters run, flip, slide, and dodge through "Hero Actions", which is the primary means of attack in the game. During Hero Actions, characters can traverse the entire battlefield, and even use a jump button for aerial attacks and to jump over obstacles.

It's fun. But it can be very confusing at first, and until you get the hang of it, the game is somewhat frustrating. Even afterwards, the enemy types are diverse and have various weaknesses that MUST be exploited, so the difficulty is fairly consistent.

Some say the story is nonsense, and in a way they might be right. There isn't (so far: 60%) a huge overriding mission that the characters are trying to accomplish. That's part of what's so refreshing. The game essentially puts the player directly into the world, and leaves you alone to discover it as you play, without forcing you into some grand melodrama right from the start. In the beginning, and for much of the game, your team of characters are just mercenaries for hire trying to make ends meet, and enjoying the ride.

That's really where RoF shines. The translation from the original Japanese was handled very well, giving all the leads interesting and distinct personalities through not only cut scenes, but during battles as they comment (sometimes extensively) on what's going on. The dialog is humorous and charming, without much of the awkwardness usually found in JRPG's.

The voice over work is well directed, as the actors seem to have actually been given direction and motivation, as opposed to being handed a script and reading from it like the grocery list, as in most translated games.

Like I said, I'm only a little more than halfway through, so I don't know how things will end, but I know the battles are addictive and fun, and I really like the characters. For less than $20, I'd say it's well worth it.

bread's done
Back