Resonance of Fate $18.52 [360] / $19.99 [PS3] Free Standard Shipping

I've been waiting for this to drop under $20 for a while now. Even if my brother tells me I shouldn't bother our different taste in games tells me I should :whistle2:\" Thanks for the heads up.

Well, FINALLY. It's too bad I brought it from that GamePoDunk forum though for $25 -_- Seriously what too so damn long?

I picked it up along with Tales of Vesperia yesterday. I wasnt looking to pick it up, but I figured for $18 I might as well get it now rather than later.

This was on sale during the RPG day deal for amazon and it's been this price for about a week now, I ordered mine a while ago and got it yesterday

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Nope, PS3...[/QUOTE]

Lens of Truth rates the 360 version slightly above and the one to choose because it has better texture quality.

"Although it is very small margin, the Xbox 360 narrowly edges out the PlayStation 3 for this win. But just because the PlayStation 3 didn’t win doesn’t mean it’s worthless. With load times and performance equal to the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3 is still worth buying if you prefer that console."

I've been roaming the game for a while, but two friends have told me that the game isn't as good as it seems...

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Nope, PS3...[/QUOTE]

Oy, here we go again :p

As a general rule, multi-platform games are "better" on the 360. That said, I find these comparisons really pointless as the average gamer (or even hardcore gamer) won't be able to tell the difference.

If you own both consoles, just get the game based on the controller you prefer.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Oy, here we go again :p

As a general rule, multi-platform games are "better" on the 360. That said, I find these comparisons really pointless as the average gamer (or even hardcore gamer) won't be able to tell the difference.

If you own both consoles, just get the game based on the controller you prefer.[/QUOTE]

I thought that too till I had to suffer through Bayonetta on the Ps3, yikes. I do agree that in general the differences aren't game breaking but on occasion they can be very annoying so I still like looking at comparison reviews.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Oy, here we go again :p

If you own both consoles, just get the game based on the controller you prefer.[/QUOTE]

Controller preference? Shit, I get the one that is cheapest. Sometimes one will clearance before another. For instance, I got brutal legend on 360 for 5 bucks at target but the ps3 version wasn't on clearance. My exception is if a game is broken like fallout 3 goty on ps3.

I would rather all games be multaltform since the console specific games tend to keep high prices longer and I don't like that.

[quote name='typical guy']Controller preference? Shit, I get the one that is cheapest. Sometimes one will clearance before another. For instance, I got brutal legend on 360 for 5 bucks at target but the ps3 version wasn't on clearance. My exception is if a game is broken like fallout 3 goty on ps3.

I would rather all games be multaltform since the console specific games tend to keep high prices longer and I don't like that.[/QUOTE]

That's a great point, typical guy. I have also noticed that 360 versions do seem to clearance faster (or tend to drop faster than their PS3 version). Not exactly sure why that is (at first, I thought it was strictly b/c the 360 prints on DVDs, which remains much cheaper to manufacture and with lower licensing fees compared to the Sony owned blu-ray discs -- but I'm not sure that theory holds up too well).

I do like getting the cheapest ones. Last gen, I owned all the consoles, so I would always opt for the cheapest version (presuming there weren't game-breaking problems/glitches). That said, my multi-platform games typically were bought on the original Xbox, though I also selected based on controller.

All coming in the mail, all purchased this week:
Mass Effect 2
Record of Agarest War
Tales of Vesperia
Resonance of Fate

Count Fable 3, FFXIII, and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Ed. [which is still unopened], that is 7 RPGs/SRPGs in 1.5 months since I got my 360. I am a RPG freak ._.

Anyway, is Resonance multi disk?

[quote name='Wargamer']All coming in the mail, all purchased this week:
Mass Effect 2
Record of Agarest War
Tales of Vesperia
Resonance of Fate

Count Fable 3, FFXIII, and Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Ed. [which is still unopened], that is 7 RPGs/SRPGs in 1.5 months since I got my 360. I am a RPG freak ._.

Anyway, is Resonance multi disk?[/QUOTE]
single disk

Mass Effect 2
Record of Agarest War
Tales of Vesperia
Resonance of Fate

I have Mass Effect 2 (unopened)
Bowsers Inside Story (unopened)
Dragon Quest IX (unopened)

And today I bought a used copy of Growlanser Generation (ps2), and it was only 14 bucks!

Mass Effect 2
Record of Agarest War
Tales of Vesperia
Resonance of Fate

Good luck playing all of those in a decent amount of time. You have like 400 hours of games there and that's IF you aren't a completionist on any of them. If you were, you're looking at 1000+ hours easily (especially with Agarest in the mix)

I've been waiting for RoF to drop to under $20 since it came out, but now that it has I just don't have the interest anymore. I've heard mixed opinions about it, but nothing that makes me really want to grab it now. Is there any indication that this is a rare price, or can I just expect to get it cheap like this from now on?

[quote name='Darknuke']Good luck playing all of those in a decent amount of time. You have like 400 hours of games there and that's IF you aren't a completionist on any of them. If you were, you're looking at 1000+ hours easily (especially with Agarest in the mix)[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's getting himself setup so he doesn't have to buy anything till next black Friday? I'm pretty much going to be in that situation. By the time this season is over, I'll have so many games (disk based and downloadable ones) that I won't be looking at anything over 10 bucks till at least summer.

Mass Effect 2
Record of Agarest War
Tales of Vesperia
Resonance of Fate

yeah, I hear you -- many people here have backlogs that are hundreds of times larger than yours. Most of us have given up on the concept of getting through them.

[quote name='typical guy']Maybe he's getting himself setup so he doesn't have to buy anything till next black Friday? I'm pretty much going to be in that situation. By the time this season is over, I'll have so many games (disk based and downloadable ones) that I won't be looking at anything over 10 bucks till at least summer.[/QUOTE]

Partially this. Also, I am semi-aiming to get and play through most/all 360 RPGs I like, a.k.a. anything not Fallout/Borderland/Oblivion-like as I hate FPSs. From a couple of years ago, I got Lost Odessy and ME1 in my shelf and have a readily avaible Blue Dragon to borrow from a friend.

I only plan on buying Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Mortal Kombat, and maybe MvC3 during the next year. If any big RPG and/or interesting Downloadable Game/Content shows up, that to, for example ME2 DLC. I have beaten all the main story Fable 3 and FFXIII already :bouncy:.

Still missing a few like Eternal Sonata and The Last Remnant but hey, you got to leave stuff open for when you get extra spending cash or to get as gifts:cool:.

Wait, wait, you avoid Fallout and Oblivion because you hate FPSs, but you bought Mass Effect 1 and 2? I'm sorry, friend, but Mass Effect is an FPS RPG hybrid, while Fallout is an RPG where you can shoot, and Oblivion doesn't feature any shooting at all (unless you consider spells).

If it's the First Person, and not the Shooter, part that bothers you, both Fallout and Oblivion can be played from a Third Person perspective.

[quote name='timobkg']Wait, wait, you avoid Fallout and Oblivion because you hate FPSs, but you bought Mass Effect 1 and 2? I'm sorry, friend, but Mass Effect is an FPS RPG hybrid, while Fallout is an RPG where you can shoot, and Oblivion doesn't feature any shooting at all (unless you consider spells).

If it's the First Person, and not the Shooter, part that bothers you, both Fallout and Oblivion can be played from a Third Person perspective.[/QUOTE]
They still use the dual stick movement/aim method, my pet peeve against them.
Mass Effect is a TPS hybrid, mind you, I almost NEVER use aiming real time which is my issue with shooters because I am handicapped and my hands have slow reflexes, so I play caster classes on ME and use the wheel pause to aim my powers. ME fixes my issue with aiming way more than Fallout with it aiming system did. My brother owns both Fallout 3 and Ovlivion, both on LE, I've tried them both multiple times, they suck to me.

Ah, that explains it. I would imagine that you could play through Fallout 3 using VATS, since it lets you pause the game at any point, and take your time choosing which enemy or body part you aim for. I played it on PC, but I used VATS for 90% of my combat.

Yeah. I just ordered this and a new headset for 360, [SIZE=-1]$29.53 shipped. Not a bad deal at all and the game is listed at $15.99 now but without free shipping I guess it averages out to around $19 still by itself, but if you are packaging it with something else and use FSSS it is even more of a deal:lol:[/SIZE]

[quote name='romeogbs19']yeah, I hear you -- many people here have backlogs that are hundreds of times larger than yours. Most of us have given up on the concept of getting through them.[/QUOTE]

The only way I could ever go through my entire backlog is if I win the lottery, which I will one day, dammit! :p

bread's done
Back