Resonance of Fate - $19.99 @ Newegg

[quote name='timobkg']That's the price I was looking for on this game. If it wasn't for the backlog...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I hate to do it, but I'm doing it anyway.

Any opinions on PS3 versus 360? I think I remember hearing they're pretty much the same, with PS3 graphics being a little bit worse if you nitpick screenshots.

Have a friend who has hounded me about getting this game. My backlog is so extensive, I hated to spend the money... but for $20, I may have to bite. Decisions, decisions.

Blah... I'll go ahead and purchase it. Add one more to stack.

[quote name='LordFlux']Have a friend who has hounded me about getting this game. My backlog is so extensive, I hated to spend the money... but for $20, I may have to bite. Decisions, decisions.

Blah... I'll go ahead and purchase it. Add one more to stack.[/QUOTE]

I'm debating it....it looks good but going by reviews it's pretty hard, involves a lot of grinding, and takes awhile to learn the battle system. Not exactly the most appealing game with a huge backlog. Maybe when it's $15 i'll get it Xo

[quote name='Monroeski']Any opinions on PS3 versus 360? I think I remember hearing they're pretty much the same, with PS3 graphics being a little bit worse if you nitpick screenshots.[/QUOTE]

All the comparisons I've read suggest the 360 version.

I was really excited to play this, and then I hated it. Figured if after three hours I've still got no interest in the story or characters and still can't get the hang of the battle system, my time would probably be better spent playing something else.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']All the comparisons I've read suggest the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Barely:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=18874

From the "Outcome" part if you don't wanna check:

Although it is very small margin, the Xbox 360 narrowly edges out the PlayStation 3 for this win. But just because the PlayStation 3 didn’t win doesn’t mean it’s worthless. With load times and performance equal to the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3 is still worth buying if you prefer that console.

Nice price and tempting but this deal has already happened a couple of times in the last couple of months. I think I'll wait and see if it breaks the 20 dollar threshold. The game isn't too high on my priority list since it had some lukewarm reception but I should save my money for BF anyways. Definitely wanna pick it up eventually when I start to run through my current JRPGs.

[quote name='Monroeski']Any opinions on PS3 versus 360? I think I remember hearing they're pretty much the same, with PS3 graphics being a little bit worse if you nitpick screenshots.[/QUOTE]

They run at the same sub-HD resolution, 1088x720. It's really a matter of whether you prefer the QAA of the PS3 or the 2xAA of the 360.

For what it's worth, the 360 was the target platform and the game was built on the same engine used for Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

There is a demo on the Japanese stores for both the 360 and PS3 (under the name End of Eternity) if you want to compare.

i was waiting for this to hit $20 on the 360 for a while now, but now that the holiday season is coming around (black friday/cyber monday sales), I don't need this as a time filler anymore. I'll wait till it hits $15 or lower.

After months trying to get this game, I've finally managed to buy it. With this and God of War 3 for $23 (shipped from GoHastings), I'm gonna have a good couple of days! (or weeks if RoF is as long as I hope it is)

[quote name='takotchi']They run at the same sub-HD resolution, 1088x720. It's really a matter of whether you prefer the QAA of the PS3 or the 2xAA of the 360.[/QUOTE]
And to add, the lighting model and DOF and texturing on the 360 is slightly better on the 360 than the PS3. But it will be something you can only ever notice if you pause scene-by-scene with both copies running side by side.

The point is, both are great, tri-Ace knows their stuff (though they seemed to have forgotten how to do 60fps). If you have both consoles, and must get the best of the best, go 360. But PS3 owners are not getting the shaft at all in this case.

It's not like SO4, where the PS3 got a few more features, but gave up image quality in return.

This is far from the last time we'll see this game hit this price mark...and I don't even think its that rare or will be hard to find.

My backlog is too filled with AAA titles to invest in such a punishing and long RPG...

I'm debating as well. I was waiting for it to drop to the 20 dollar mark. But my backlog is kinda big so might hold off until later.

[quote name='artego']And to add, the lighting model and DOF and texturing on the 360 is slightly better on the 360 than the PS3. But it will be something you can only ever notice if you pause scene-by-scene with both copies running side by side.

The point is, both are great, tri-Ace knows their stuff (though they seemed to have forgotten how to do 60fps). If you have both consoles, and must get the best of the best, go 360. But PS3 owners are not getting the shaft at all in this case.

It's not like SO4, where the PS3 got a few more features, but gave up image quality in return.[/QUOTE]

You're right, the lighting does look different... the picture where Reanbell holds up a quartz to the candelabra really shows it. See it here.

I think SO4 on PS3 actually looks better than the 360 in some cases. It doesn't have that stupid black frame, plus it has AA in battle scenes.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I was really excited to play this, and then I hated it. Figured if after three hours I've still got no interest in the story or characters and still can't get the hang of the battle system, my time would probably be better spent playing something else.[/QUOTE]

how I felt. I love every tri-ace game I played until this. They just went too far with the battle system, it's very very very repetitive and dull

i agree with some of the others in this thread. i was waiting for $20 price point, but now with all these other deals and my backlog, ill hold off.

ill definitely grab it when/if it hits $10

bread's done
Back