Resonance of Fate $37.99 at KMart

VideoGamesIzFun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
All credit goes to SHC Gamer, he made this happen
Special sale for a limited time. Resonance of Fate has dropped to $37.99+tax at KMart.
THIS PRICE WIll SHOW UP AT THE REGISTER.
Great price for this game.

EDIT - Deal should go on until May 10th

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ogami Itto']Great game, bought it at full price and over 60 hrs. later still not done.[/QUOTE]

Same here, love the game. I got like halfway through FF13 before starting this game, and I haven't looked back.

Although this has been noted in the Official Kmart Thread,, I believe that the deal on RoF is worthy of its own thread. \\:D/

[quote name='Verloren']I would like to pick this up, does anyone know if its going to be at this price tomorrow as well?[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be all week. However, once SD gets a hold of this, I fear that it might not last that long. This is true especially if Kmart doesn't have sufficient supply in the first place.

I have no idea what this game is like so can someone please help me out.
This game is like a mix of Mass Effect and _______.
Or am I way off?

[quote name='Tony208']I have no idea what this game is like so can someone please help me out.
Or am I way off?[/QUOTE]

It's more a combination of chrono trigger and valkyria chronicles to be honest.

Damn, I was just out by Kmart too. Might make another trip and see if they have it. Can then return that copy to Gamestop and $60 back on my Edge card.

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Same here, love the game. I got like halfway through FF13 before starting this game, and I haven't looked back.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing!

[quote name='Tony208']I have no idea what this game is like so can someone please help me out.
Or am I way off?[/QUOTE]

Nothing like mass effect.

It's a jrpg, definitely, though the plot happens more akin to cowboy bebop. Watching the every day life of 3 people that take odd jobs with flashes of a grander plot at work.

The battle system is a mix of realtime/turn based. Valkyria chronicles is a bit similar, people also say valkyrie profile 2 is similar though I haven't played it. Definitely not an easy to classify game.

So tempting but my game backlog is so huge right now I might as well wait and it will probably be cheaper by the time I actually would get around to playing it.

gonna wait till this drops to 20, a sega title after all I played this at a friends, the opening was pretty cheesy no voice overs at all.....Only good thing about this game is the ability to customize your character's appearance

[quote name='CaoPi']gonna wait till this drops to 20, a sega title after all I played this at a friends, the opening was pretty cheesy no voice overs at all.....Only good thing about this game is the ability to customize your character's appearance[/QUOTE]

No voiceovers? Did you friend by chance..have it muted? lol

Every cutscene and especially the two movies at the beginning are fully voiced.

[quote name='Tony208']Thanks, if it's half as good as Valkyria, I'll pick it up.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I bring up valkyria AT ALL is to try and describe the combat system. The rest of the game is nowhere near the same.

I will gladly support Sega and buy this new for this price. (This is a better deal than trading in a game to GameStop for $25 off a new game - plus I get to keep the game I was gonna trade).

I'll report back with my findings just for some additional confirmation for anyone who's on the fence.

[quote name='dcm1602']Anyone know if that 10$ off 20$ + coupon still works @ Kmart ?[/QUOTE]

Yep, just left kmart empty handed though non in stock :whistle2:/

Just got a 360 copy at my local Kmart and it did, in fact, ring up $37.99. There was 1 360 copy and 3 PS3 copies left as of 4pm CDT at the Bridgeton, MO store.

Returned the sealed copy to Gamestop, got Sakura Wars plus $20 back on my Edge card. :D

[quote name='DIMONDA85']Yep, just left kmart empty handed though non in stock :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Sweet deal, gonna try this out later today then.

Also anyone know if theres a difference with 360 and the ps3 version?

Kmarts video game system is beyond crap - saw SEALED copies of eternal sonata, shivering isles, okami (wii) and last remnant for god sake but no RoF...

[quote name='dcm1602']Sweet deal, gonna try this out later today then.

Also anyone know if theres a difference with 360 and the ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

360 has slightly better lighting and textures, ps3 is supposed to look a bit smoother(AA wise, though blurrier too) and have a slightly better framerate, though any framerate drops are very rare anyway.

Get it for the system you like better.

I called them to see if it was in stock. 20 minutes later, they hung up. I called back, was put on hold for 20 minutes, and then i hung up on them. Great customer service :applause: :fridge::whistle2:&

Update:

Me: hi do you guys have resonance of fate for ps3?
Them: One second
*put on hold*
*about to hang up*
Asian Woman: Herro? You want fried rice?
Her: No.
Me: No?

[quote name='dcm1602']Anyone know if that 10$ off 20$ + coupon still works @ Kmart ?[/QUOTE]

Where can one find this coupon? (edit: Wait, are you referring to the New York Renaissance coupon that's been banned in a couple of stores?)

I'll check out my local KMarts after work. My buddies have nothing but praise for this game.

[quote name='the_punisher']I called them to see if it was in stock. 20 minutes later, they hung up. I called back, was put on hold for 20 minutes, and then i hung up on them. Great customer service :applause: :fridge::whistle2:&

Update:

Them: One second
*put on hold*
*about to hang up*
Asian Woman: Herro? You want fried rice?
Me: No?
Her: No.[/QUOTE]

The perfect deal would be RoF at $37.99 with shrimp fried rice. Why didn't you think of that?!

[quote name='Vortextk']No voiceovers? Did you friend by chance..have it muted? lol

Every cutscene and especially the two movies at the beginning are fully voiced.
[/QUOTE]

This is true but I believe if you choose the English voice track, there are some scenes that do not have voice work. There is an option to turn on the Japanese voices with English subs though, a definite plus!

I bought this for full price earlier last week and I can honestly say it's worth it. The battle system is overwhelmingly complex at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it. The battle system is really hard to describe.. there's nothing really like it.

I also love the humor in this game.. VERY funny.

Nothing is -not- voiced in the english except for random npcs. Instead of saying full lines they'll just be like "Hello!" "Come on in and shop" etc. Cutscenes are fully voiced, always.

And the japanese version is not fully subbed unfortunately. Nothing in battle is subtitled and yes, a lot of actual conversations between the main cast happen in battle when you go into the mission areas of each chapter. A deal breaker for me and the japanese audio, atleast for my first play through. Luckily the VA work is very good.

[quote name='Vortextk']Nothing like mass effect.

It's a jrpg, definitely, though the plot happens more akin to cowboy bebop. Watching the every day life of 3 people that take odd jobs with flashes of a grander plot at work.

The battle system is a mix of realtime/turn based. Valkyria chronicles is a bit similar, people also say valkyrie profile 2 is similar though I haven't played it. Definitely not an easy to classify game.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Valkyria Chronicles yet (no PS3), but seeing as how the developer makes the Valkyrie Profile series, I'd lean that way in describing its battle system from what I've read.

[quote name='Vortextk']Nothing is -not- voiced in the english except for random npcs. Instead of saying full lines they'll just be like "Hello!" "Come on in and shop" etc. Cutscenes are fully voiced, always.

And the japanese version is not fully subbed unfortunately. Nothing in battle is subtitled and yes, a lot of actual conversations between the main cast happen in battle when you go into the mission areas of each chapter. A deal breaker for me and the japanese audio, atleast for my first play through. Luckily the VA work is very good.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my mistake then, I heard wrong.

And you're right, when the characters speak to each other in battle (they have full conversations), it is not subtitled.. as well as their 'victory speech.' I do speak Japanese fluently, though so I have no problem for it.

Luckily the English VA is great! I love Leanne's voice and Vashryon is voiced by Nolan North.. what's not to like?

Blast, it doesn't seem to be working online! Considering the nearest K-Mart is about an hour away and I don't have a car this is going to be a no-go for me and I'd really wanted to pick this one up as soon as the price started to drop into a range that my broke, unemployed self could justify as affordable.

I'm worried that this is going to become hard to find in the near future with the way it's been selling and some of the poor reviews from people who just whine about the combat being hard and difficult to understand.

I'll be able to buy Final Fantasy XIII at any point in the future and cheap used copies shouldn't be hard to find, but this has the markings of something that will be tricky to find as soon as next year.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Ah, my mistake then, I heard wrong.

And you're right, when the characters speak to each other in battle (they have full conversations), it is not subtitled.. as well as their 'victory speech.' I do speak Japanese fluently, though so I have no problem for it.

Luckily the English VA is great! I love Leanne's voice and Vashryon is voiced by Nolan North.. what's not to like?[/QUOTE]

Nice for you, I would probably get 5-10% at most if they kept it reaaaally simple =P I'd suggest english to anyone that doesn't speak japanese or doesn't fully vomit when hearing english(especially, like you said, it really is that good).

[quote name='Dezuria']Any comparisons between Xbox 360 and PS3 versions?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vortextk']360 has slightly better lighting and textures, ps3 is supposed to look a bit smoother(AA wise, though blurrier too) and have a slightly better framerate, though any framerate drops are very rare anyway.

Get it for the system you like better.[/QUOTE]

As far actual comparisons on websites, no, but there is some japanese website that people have looked at with google translations to help out. Same thoughts on there.

Gonna go check this out on thursday. I bought the game for $60 at gamestop with flip credit last week but I haven't opened it yet. Still a chance for a return.

As is all jrpgs, it's linear. You can explore locations or look around the map, but the quests, chapters and story are all completely linear. Sidequests are regular fare. Delivery, kill enemies, farm an item.

[quote name='animalspinners']How is the game in terms of linearity and sidequests?[/QUOTE]

In each chapter you get a story mission and then usually 4 or 5 side missions. You have to do each side mission before advancing to the next chapter. 16 chapters total so there's a lot of game here. I spent almost 67 hours my first playthrough doing every quest. There is also an arena to fight through. Didn't even finish half of that in those 67 hours.

Anyway, the game can be crushingly difficult until you figure out the battle system...and even after sometimes but I think it's well worth $38.

Is the battle system very similar to Valkryia Chronicles b/c I wasn't a very big fan of it. It felt a little too slow.

Is it faster? from the youtube videos it does look faster.

Very similar, no, just one of the closer things to refer to.

You have 3 characters. Scratch damage from machineguns can be quite high, but can't actually kill enemies. Direct damage from handguns is rather low, but can convert scratch to direct and finish enemies off. Enemies usually have multiple pieces or armor around them and if you shoot there you will only hit that piece. However having your character jump will let you randomly shoot all the areas.

You can do regular attacks, the "press a stand and shoot", but once you get into the swing of things you rarely ever use this except for specific situations. Normally you attack with hero actions where the character runs a line you pick and has multiple chances to deal damage, during a hero action is when you can jump.

Tri-attacks - using all 3 characters at once - using grenades for higher direct damage or status ailments, charging up your shots as you level, bonus shots(on airborne targets) and smackdowns(shooting an airborne target while jumping higher), obstacles/bunkers/explosive barrels on the field, etc. All parts of the combat system.

[quote name='Vortextk']Very similar, no, just one of the closer things to refer to.

You have 3 characters. Scratch damage from machine guns can be quite high, but can't actually kill enemies. Direct damage from handguns is rather low, but can convert scratch to direct and finish enemies off. Enemies usually have multiple pieces or armor around them and if you shoot there you will only hit that piece. However having your character jump will let you randomly shoot all the areas.

Tri-attacks - using all 3 characters at once - using grenades for higher direct damage or status ailments, charging up your shots as you level, bonus shots(on airborne targets) and smackdowns(shooting an airborne target while jumping higher), obstacles/bunkers/explosive barrels on the field, etc. All parts of the combat system.[/QUOTE]

I can definitely see how that's comparable to Valkyria with the shooting system; definitely gives me more interest in the game.

The scratch damage/direct damage thing seems a lot like Final Fantasy XIII's percentage thing though (ravagers = scratch, commando = direct, in a way). I may have to swing by and see if my store has a copy, but first I need to figure out if this K-Mart $10 off $20 will work or not. This game has been on my radar since I first heard it as 'End of Eternity,' though I am wary that it may drop quickly in the coming months.

I just came back from my local K-Mart. They had two PS3 copies for $37.99. Returned my sealed copy from GameStop and got $26.75 back for the trade in credit as well. Threw that back in to finish off my Red Dead Redemption balance.

OP, Thank you for your posting and helping us all save some money. Much appreciated, much respect.

-Ace

Edit: There is one more copy of the PS3 version and a few of the Xbox360 version left at the Sacramento (stockton blvd) store in CA BTW.

bread's done
Back