Resonance of Fate $37.99 at KMart

VideoGamesIzFun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
All credit goes to SHC Gamer, he made this happen
Special sale for a limited time. Resonance of Fate has dropped to $37.99+tax at KMart.
THIS PRICE WIll SHOW UP AT THE REGISTER.
Great price for this game.

EDIT - Deal should go on until May 10th

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nirron']I can definitely see how that's comparable to Valkyria with the shooting system; definitely gives me more interest in the game.
[/QUOTE]

Again, somewhat, though valkyria goes military and RoF goes John Woo.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']The perfect deal would be RoF at $37.99 with shrimp fried rice. Why didn't you think of that?![/QUOTE]

yum.. shrimp fried rice

[quote name='Vortextk']Again, somewhat, though valkyria goes military and RoF goes John Woo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I somewhat derived that from the jumping/airborne attacks/etc. I was mainly seeing some parallel in stuff like the aiming (though I also thought of Fallout's VATS system) and use of terrain/obstacles/barriers/what not. Similar ideas, different style and execution.

How is the comedy? Funny or just weird?

I saw the dancing bit where the woman asks you to fetch a bottle of wine. Seemed chuckle-worthy.

And I think I saw a vid where you're dressed as a reindeer and chucking presents at kids. Was that legit?!

I stopped by my local Kmart store in Valencia, CA, but it (PS3 version) was not on sale. It was scanned as a regular price, $59.99.

[quote name='Zippon']How is the comedy? Funny or just weird?

I saw the dancing bit where the woman asks you to fetch a bottle of wine. Seemed chuckle-worthy.

And I think I saw a vid where you're dressed as a reindeer and chucking presents at kids. Was that legit?![/QUOTE]

I think it was pretty funny, but you can say it could also be weird as well.

And yes the chucking presents and dressing up as 2 reindeer and Santa is legit lol.

Paying 60 dollars for this game felt like i was still ripping them off, getting it for 37 is a steal. Hands down one of the best Original JRPG's on Next-Gen i have played since Valkyria Chronicles.

there is one left at kmart in tualatin oregon. sales lady was surprised when mine rang up below msrp. she said it wasnt listed in her sale items but it rang up at 37.99!

[quote name='the_punisher']I called them to see if it was in stock. 20 minutes later, they hung up. I called back, was put on hold for 20 minutes, and then i hung up on them. Great customer service :applause: :fridge::whistle2:&

Update:

Me: hi do you guys have resonance of fate for ps3?
Them: One second
*put on hold*
*about to hang up*
Asian Woman: Herro? You want fried rice?
Me: hi do you guys have resonance of fate for ps3?
Her: No.
Me: No?
Her: No.[/QUOTE]

Update 2: Decided to go to Kmart anyway and not only did they have it, they had 6 or 7 copies. Needless to say, i bought one, and am very happy. And two of the employees didn't speak Spanish, and combined with the Asian who answered the phone, i get the feeling nobody at my local Kmart speaks fluent english. Only in America.

OP updated thanks for the kudos guys but I was just relaying the message all credit goes to SHC Gamer and it should stay at this price until May 10th.

In for one thanks for the heads up.
For the record at our location they had NO copies in the glass cases. They did however have some in the back so if you don't see any make sure you ask someone to look for you.

dang, ill have to go first thing in the morning,
This will complete my backlog and now i wont have to buy any more games until FFXIV comes out

[quote name='nnthomas']If you hate grinding, avoid this game. FYI[/QUOTE]
Even so, I'm tempted simply because Tri-Ace made some of the greatest RPG's, such as Radiata Stories.

I guess I'll be waiting until the price drops even lower.

You really don't need to do that much grinding at all.

True, but it's different. You aren't grinding for levels, you're grinding for hexes, to unlock fights in the arena or just to move around with lots of random battles in some areas(if you're not using a terminal or item to lower encounters).

It can't be worse than farming turtles in FF13. Either way I way forward to playing this game later on.

Nice. I wanted this for my bday but my girl sucks and still has yet to get it for me..... bitch lol

So I'm picking this up!

Anyone know where to get the 10$ off 20$ coupon someone mentioned before??

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the $10 off $20 coupon doesn't work now.

That being said, if there was a K-mart around here and my roommate still had his PS3 here, I'd pick it up right away.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait for an Amazon Sale...and use some of that Amazon Credit I have.

I'll probably stop by before or after work and see if they got this in stock. They should, considering this K-Mart is located near a GC and a Walmart, so it's nobody's first choice for games.

[quote name='aerozero']Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the $10 off $20 coupon doesn't work now.

That being said, if there was a K-mart around here and my roommate still had his PS3 here, I'd pick it up right away.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait for an Amazon Sale...and use some of that Amazon Credit I have.[/QUOTE]

Where's the coupon? I like to try it and see if it works at my K-Mart.

The coupon is dead, and has been dead for weeks now. I believe it was taken off CAG by the mods since K-Mart said it was not intended to be used by the general populace unless you live in NY, or some crazy restriction.

I never really had to grind for hexes or xp to finish the main storyline. If you do all the side quests, your levels should be good enough to make it through the game. Just don't go wasting hexes unless you are sure you will have enough to get to the next area you need to go to. I did some of the arena but none of it was for the purpose of grinding so I could make it through a story or side mission. A change in tactics or equipment can overcome seemingly impossible odds so make sure to take a save station with you when possible so you can save right before entering a dungeon.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']It can't be worse than farming turtles in FF13. Either way I way forward to playing this game later on.[/QUOTE]

Farming turtles - optional

Farming for white hexes to proceed in the game - required

[quote name='Killbomb']I never really had to grind for hexes or xp to finish the main storyline. If you do all the side quests, your levels should be good enough to make it through the game. Just don't go wasting hexes unless you are sure you will have enough to get to the next area you need to go to. I did some of the arena but none of it was for the purpose of grinding so I could make it through a story or side mission. A change in tactics or equipment can overcome seemingly impossible odds so make sure to take a save station with you when possible so you can save right before entering a dungeon.[/QUOTE]

Id agree.

I hate grinding, which is why I have only finished 5 rpgs despite having been a gamer since the NES days (and started more than I can count). I got worried when I was slaughtered in the first few boss battles, but after checking the strategies online, it turned out to be a simple matter of tactics.

For those that do enjoy grinding, I did some grinding and its very gratifying because you arent waiting to level up so much as collect items. This means you are making progress after every battle, not every ten or so like normal RPGs.

Like Valkyria Chronicles, I am a bit torn. I really love this game and bought it day one, so while I am glad to see some of you will be picking it up, I just wish it was at the full price this deserved (particularly compared to FFXIII).

If youre on the fence, take it from someone who isnt a huge RPG but has still managed to put in 60 hours so far. You will not be disappointed.

Has anyone tried to pricematch at sears? I Know both Kmart and Sears are the same company and are supposed to pricematch one another. And seeing as Kmarts are extinct in this area It'd be nice to get it from Sears providing they even have the game.

[quote name='Killbomb']I never really had to grind for hexes or xp to finish the main storyline. If you do all the side quests, your levels should be good enough to make it through the game. Just don't go wasting hexes unless you are sure you will have enough to get to the next area you need to go to. I did some of the arena but none of it was for the purpose of grinding so I could make it through a story or side mission. A change in tactics or equipment can overcome seemingly impossible odds so make sure to take a save station with you when possible so you can save right before entering a dungeon.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I've spent time in the arena, but it wasn't because I felt too weak outside of it. Outside of the arena, I haven't grinded (ground?) one bit, and a) I don't feel too weak, b) I don't have a shortage of white hexes (in fact, I've cleared every single hex that it's possible for me to clear).

I mean, if I wanted to connect every single terminal that could be connected and transfer the effects to every single dungeon that they could reach, I'd probably have to grind for a lot more colored hexes, but really, I would imagine most people can get by ignoring the terminals completely (the only place that I felt I've needed them in a fight was to use the "half the chance of status ailments" terminal in one of the optional fights against enemies that breathed poison).

As far as the game itself goes, the first 40 hours were enjoyable, but now 70 hours or so into it, I'm ready for it to be over -- it just seems to have gotten a little too repetitive/mundane to me, even for a JRPG. The first 40 hours, I would've rated it an 8 or a 9 or so...now I'm leaning more towards IGN's score of 7.0 (which, if you like JRPGs, is more than high enough to give it a shot, especially on a system that's fairly short on quality ones).

[quote name='madcatz1999']Same here. I've spent time in the arena, but it wasn't because I felt too weak outside of it. Outside of the arena, I haven't grinded (ground?) one bit, and a) I don't feel too weak, b) I don't have a shortage of white hexes (in fact, I've cleared every single hex that it's possible for me to clear).

I mean, if I wanted to connect every single terminal that could be connected and transfer the effects to every single dungeon that they could reach, I'd probably have to grind for a lot more colored hexes, but really, I would imagine most people can get by ignoring the terminals completely (the only place that I felt I've needed them in a fight was to use the "half the chance of status ailments" terminal in one of the optional fights against enemies that breathed poison).

As far as the game itself goes, the first 40 hours were enjoyable, but now 70 hours or so into it, I'm ready for it to be over -- it just seems to have gotten a little too repetitive/mundane to me, even for a JRPG. The first 40 hours, I would've rated it an 8 or a 9 or so...now I'm leaning more towards IGN's score of 7.0 (which, if you like JRPGs, is more than high enough to give it a shot, especially on a system that's fairly short on quality ones).[/QUOTE]

Why you posting reviews?

No one asked for them.

That is pretty much a standard staple of any JRPG.

[quote name='Vortextk']Nothing like mass effect.

It's a jrpg, definitely, though the plot happens more akin to cowboy bebop. Watching the every day life of 3 people that take odd jobs with flashes of a grander plot at work.

The battle system is a mix of realtime/turn based. Valkyria chronicles is a bit similar, people also say valkyrie profile 2 is similar though I haven't played it. Definitely not an easy to classify game.[/QUOTE]

Just sold me on the game :D thanks

Man, I might be pulling a halfway through XIII and then start playing this (not that I am disliking XIII at all.) I went through all the tutorials, but decided to get through XIII if I could first; Due to the complexity of the battle system in this game. Though I did kinda start getting the hang of it the day I did play, and now every time I see it on the shelf I wanna pop it in...

this game is definitely on my "add to the backlog as soon as its price goes down." unfortunately, with everything else that's been going on over the past several weeks with deals and discounts, i'm probably done buying video games until 2011. :(

[quote name='DeathBringer']Why you posting reviews?

No one asked for them.[/QUOTE]

People who view this thread might be wondering whether they will like the game. It makes sense to me, this is a forum for discussion of the deals after all. Talking about the quality of the game in a thread about a sale on the game is completely relevant.

If this thread was just 5 pages of "I bought one" there weren't be much of a point to reading or contributing to it. I appreciate Madcatz1999 posting his impressions of the game, and found them far more useful and relevant than your post.

[quote name='L0RDTemplar']People who view this thread might be wondering whether they will like the game. It makes sense to me, this is a forum for discussion of the deals after all. Talking about the quality of the game in a thread about a sale on the game is completely relevant.

If this thread was just 5 pages of "I bought one" there weren't be much of a point to reading or contributing to it. I appreciate Madcatz1999 posting his impressions of the game, and found them far more useful and relevant than your post.[/QUOTE]

Seconded! I myself am about 10 hours in and get the feeling Madcatz's take is about right. The battle system is fresh right now but I can see how after 50 more hours of Machine Gun hero action -> Hand Gun hero action -> Tri-attack could get stale.

I would say at $38, this game is probably worth it though.

[quote name='formerroadie']You have to be kidding me... grrr.... great price, i have no K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Go to Bestbuy or Sears and try and PM

I'm gonna check my local Kmart for these and see if I can get any for CAGs at cost. (tax and shipping)

[quote name='formerroadie']How do I pm without proof?[/QUOTE]
Good question. I don't think it is even in the weekly ad.

Explain.

I beat the game, it was like 50 hours with my characters at the end in the mid 80s. People who say that you "have to grind" often are the ones that needed to be at 100 to beat the last dungeon. At the start of the last chapter, all my characters were in the mid-70s and one was even as low as 72. So I never had to grind for experience. What were your character levels when you beat the last chapter and after beating the game?

Or are you talking about grinding for Hexes? Because whenever you need a colored Hex, they always give them to you. I never had to farm for Hexes. And as for white Hexes, I always had tons of them and never needed to farm them. Unless if you are trying to unlock every Hex in the game, this is not a problem.

Unless if you are counting side missions as "grinding," I just can't see what you are saying unless if you are forcing it upon yourself. To me, it's an 8/10 because for me because it never got repetitive.

bread's done
Back