Resonance of Fate $37.99 at KMart

VideoGamesIzFun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
All credit goes to SHC Gamer, he made this happen
Special sale for a limited time. Resonance of Fate has dropped to $37.99+tax at KMart.
THIS PRICE WIll SHOW UP AT THE REGISTER.
Great price for this game.

EDIT - Deal should go on until May 10th

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='QuietMimePsycho']Explain.

I beat the game, it was like 50 hours with my characters at the end in the mid 80s. People who say that you "have to grind" often are the ones that needed to be at 100 to beat the last dungeon. At the start of the last chapter, all my characters were in the mid-70s and one was even as low as 72. So I never had to grind for experience. What were your character levels when you beat the last chapter and after beating the game?

Or are you talking about grinding for Hexes? Because whenever you need a colored Hex, they always give them to you. I never had to farm for Hexes. And as for white Hexes, I always had tons of them and never needed to farm them. Unless if you are trying to unlock every Hex in the game, this is not a problem.

Unless if you are counting side missions as "grinding," I just can't see what you are saying unless if you are forcing it upon yourself. To me, it's an 8/10 because for me because it never got repetitive.[/QUOTE]

This post is full of "unless"

[quote name='Mikocouch']This post is full of "unless"[/QUOTE]

You mean two? For a percentage of like say, 2 percent of the words in the post? Hell, you couldn't even write a one sentence without using the word.

:applause: Nice attempt at being clever, but you don't really address any substantive point I made in the post. The fact is if you grind in this game it's because you choose to.

[quote name='eau']Good question. I don't think it is even in the weekly ad.[/QUOTE]

It's not in the weekly ad. SHC-Gamer also said it wasn't advertised, but I tried to look for it anyway.

[quote name='QuietMimePsycho']You mean two? For a percentage of like say, 2 percent of the words in the post? Hell, you couldn't even write a one sentence without using the word.

:applause: Nice attempt at being clever, but you don't really address any substantive point I made in the post. The fact is if you grind in this game it's because you choose to.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about there is 3! I was just pummeled with 3 "unless" in 2 lines.

[quote name='eau']Good question. I don't think it is even in the weekly ad.[/QUOTE]

about 5 min x 2
call Kmart, confirm in stock and price, it took 5 min as they had to unlock and scan.
at BBuy bring said store phone number, CService just called and confirmed and pmd...

BBuy is closer for me and adds a lil more to my RZ/Gamers totals ...

and just out of curiosity, called Sears ... title not carried in store ... :hot:

[quote name='nnthomas']Farming turtles - optional

Farming for white hexes to proceed in the game - required[/QUOTE]

I just really don't get this. Grinding is grinding is grinding, and you've apparently got 97 "completed" games in terms of 100% achievements/trophies. That's extremely impressive but also guaranteed to be countless hours of grinding.

I just don't see much of a difference between "optional" grinding and "necessary" grinding, I guess.

Just got it for $37.99, they had 4 copies for the PS3. Not marked, but rang up the right price.

Thanks OP! I never check the K-Mart clearance thread and I'm glad you decided to give it its own post.

Really, the only grinding I can see as perhaps necessary is a few arena battles so you can buy Armor Piercing rounds which can make some tough battles a cake walk. Most of these occur in the optional red danger zone hexes as well. You can also get AP rounds from hexes and as rewards from missions so just make sure to save them for when you're really having a hard time with well armored enemies. Don't waste hexes, customize your weapons, gauge break, learn better tactics and you should be fine for the main story and side missions.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']I just really don't get this. Grinding is grinding is grinding, and you've apparently got 97 "completed" games in terms of 100% achievements/trophies. That's extremely impressive but also guaranteed to be countless hours of grinding.

I just don't see much of a difference between "optional" grinding and "necessary" grinding, I guess.[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with me? I clearly don't mind. Others might not be so interested.

Just picked it up for 40.xx - was going to try the 10 dollar off coupon but they had a sign on the front door saying it wouldnt work. Just started playing, slightly confusing but I have read that it takes a bit to start understanding the combat/gameplay.

[quote name='Mikocouch']What are you talking about there is 3! I was just pummeled with 3 "unless" in 2 lines.[/QUOTE]

Math major!

[quote name='Killbomb']Really, the only grinding I can see as perhaps necessary is a few arena battles so you can buy Armor Piercing rounds which can make some tough battles a cake walk. Most of these occur in the optional red danger zone hexes as well. You can also get AP rounds from hexes and as rewards from missions so just make sure to save them for when you're really having a hard time with well armored enemies. Don't waste hexes, customize your weapons, gauge break, learn better tactics and you should be fine for the main story and side missions.[/QUOTE]

It's so much easier to craft them though. I never bought anything from the arena except for soft serve ice cream.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm gonna check my local Kmart for these and see if I can get any for CAGs at cost. (tax and shipping)[/QUOTE]

I picked up two today that are available for CAGs. There's another one for PS3 at the store I can get. PM me if you're interested.

How likely is it that we will see this on sale at Amazon in the future? I know they sold :360: ToV for $15 once. My backlog is so big right now that I'm wondering if I should just wait.

Went to my Kmart and it rang up at 59.99. It's of the supposedly 'Big' Kmart variety, not sure if that factors into why it still came up at full price.

[quote name='Indignate']Went to my Kmart and it rang up at 59.99. It's of the supposedly 'Big' Kmart variety, not sure if that factors into why it still came up at full price.[/QUOTE]

The one I went to is a Big K-mart too and rung up $37.99
Sadly the last of any K-mart in this area and set to close later on too :(

Even though my backlog is huge, i decided to pick this one up since I cant see it getting cheaper anytime soon. Thanks SHC!!!

[quote name='Jiggaloj']It can't be worse than farming turtles in FF13. Either way I way forward to playing this game later on.[/QUOTE]

I second this. I have been grinding turtles for hours and it is so boring I am losing desire to play video games all together. :cold: Oh well when I finally max out all my people I will have 50K gamerscore so it will be worth it... i think

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']I just don't see much of a difference between "optional" grinding and "necessary" grinding, I guess.[/QUOTE]
Not everyone needs to "complete" a game, I'm happy enough just beating them. I see grinding as boring busy work, existing to needlessly prolong the "hours of gameplay" you get. If it's optional, I can ignore it and leave it to the dedicated. If it's necessary, I feel like the game is wasting my time, since I could be doing something fun instead (like giving up and going to play a different game).

It sounds like if you conserve resources, don't level up your items and such, you won't need to grind in RoF? Whereas if you use them in all the optional but unnecessary ways the game allows, you're going to be grinding for a while to get them back for when you actually need them?

I was gonna hold off since I've been a bit short on cash with buying dj hero and the saboteur. But I wanted to play resonance really badly so I ended up trying to get it. I mean I don't see it getting any cheaper any time soon.
Since there are no kmarts near me I called my mom to go by the one by her house and she got it for $37.99. She said there were still 2 more copies left for ps3.

[quote name='timobkg']
It sounds like if you conserve resources, don't level up your items and such, you won't need to grind in RoF? Whereas if you use them in all the optional but unnecessary ways the game allows, you're going to be grinding for a while to get them back for when you actually need them?[/QUOTE]

Mostly true. However, in this case I find the side stuff appealing. The battling a million enemies in the arena to further unlock it and get hexes might get a bit old, but opening the map, buying new clothes, and everything else "on the side" for this game I really enjoy. It's one of the cases where I do want to do all of that stuff.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I was gonna hold off since I've been a bit short on cash with buying dj hero and the saboteur. But I wanted to play resonance really badly so I ended up trying to get it. I mean I don't see it getting any cheaper any time soon.
Since there are no kmarts near me I called my mom to go by the one by her house and she got it for $37.99. She said there were still 2 more copies left for ps3.[/QUOTE]

Aw, it's been awhile since I could rely on my mom for games. Since I still live at home it's not like she can get to places I can't either. Though I still remember when she found chrono trigger at a flea market, like 10 or 12 years ago, was so impressed she remembered and so happy at that awesome find :)

Did anyone have any success getting Best-Buy to price match this? I couldn't find an explicit advertisement and was unsure of BB's PM policy.

BB is 10 miles closer =(

[quote name='brehidran']Did anyone have any success getting Best-Buy to price match this? I couldn't find an explicit advertisement and was unsure of BB's PM policy.

BB is 10 miles closer =([/QUOTE]

There is no ad for this deal. SHC-Gamer, a rep from Sears/Kmart, was nice enough to let us know this deal.

Just grabbed the PS3 version. Had the $10 coupon and the clerk pointed to a small sign stating to not accept any of the $10 off coupons and sorry for the inconvenience. :cry:

Just got back and I got it for $40 with tax
The Kmart at Toledo, ohio (Raynolds...or however you spell that street) has a lot of copies left

In for Resonance of Fate and Madworld. Thanks OP!

As a side note, I'm not completely sure Madworld was worth $4.97. Once the color scheme novelty wears off, you're left with basic arena violence. It isn't a bad game, I just don't enjoy that kind of thing. If anyone does though, 4.97 new at Kmart. Not a bad deal at all.

[quote name='Hamel']Just got back and I got it for $40 with tax
The Kmart at Toledo, ohio (Raynolds...or however you spell that street) has a lot of copies left[/QUOTE]

Reynolds, and yeah I miss that Kmart no one goes there for games so it always has stock. Out where I live now K-mart is too far away to make it worth the trip.

Would anyone know if any of the ones in the Chicagoland area have them? I rather not go on a wild goose chase if someone already knows!

I'll be near K-Mart tomorrow and I hope to christ they'll still have a copy left of the PS3 version. Columbus, OH Olentangy River Road location if anyone has been there already.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_punisher']I called them to see if it was in stock. 20 minutes later, they hung up. I called back, was put on hold for 20 minutes, and then i hung up on them. Great customer service :applause: :fridge::whistle2:&

Update:

Me: hi do you guys have resonance of fate for ps3?
Them: One second
*put on hold*
*about to hang up*
Asian Woman: Herro? You want fried rice?
Me: hi do you guys have resonance of fate for ps3?
Her: No.
Me: No?
Her: No.[/QUOTE]

lmao ah man that fried rice bit had me laughing hard through class. Got into a bit of trouble but it was well worth it!

Anyone know of where I can get this $10 off coupon? I want to get this for $27.99!

Oh yeah, I was telling the guy in electronics about this forum and how it said it the game was on sale. He said probably a "online" only price. I asked him to check and yep, he was surprised it was 37.99. Awesome price considering it came out not too long ago and people keep telling me it had limited prints. I only was able to put it in lawaway after begging my wife as she is the "true" cheap ass gamer. Oh well, that was the only way for me to lock it into that price and still get it. Good things come to those that wait.

[quote name='timobkg']Not everyone needs to "complete" a game, I'm happy enough just beating them. I see grinding as boring busy work, existing to needlessly prolong the "hours of gameplay" you get. If it's optional, I can ignore it and leave it to the dedicated. If it's necessary, I feel like the game is wasting my time, since I could be doing something fun instead (like giving up and going to play a different game).

It sounds like if you conserve resources, don't level up your items and such, you won't need to grind in RoF? Whereas if you use them in all the optional but unnecessary ways the game allows, you're going to be grinding for a while to get them back for when you actually need them?[/QUOTE]

Don't know what you mean by "don't level up your items," you DO what to level up your items, i.e. SMG, hand guns, and grenades.

I'm not sure what "optional but unnecessary" means as I completed all of the missions on my playthrough (and I recommend that you do), but if you use items intelligently then you shouldn't have to farm for them.

Well, after trying one Kmart nearby and having it ring up at $59.99 I checked out a different nearby Kmart(a "Big" one) and they had it at the $37 price, with a sticker on the game and everything. Strange sale.

[quote name='QuietMimePsycho']You mean two? For a percentage of like say, 2 percent of the words in the post? Hell, you couldn't even write a one sentence without using the word.

:applause: Nice attempt at being clever, but you don't really address any substantive point I made in the post. The fact is if you grind in this game it's because you choose to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you choose not do big portions of the game.. like the Arena.. which grindfest personified.

[quote name='killa5k7']Oh yeah, I was telling the guy in electronics about this forum and how it said it the game was on sale. He said probably a "online" only price. I asked him to check and yep, he was surprised it was 37.99. Awesome price considering it came out not too long ago and people keep telling me it had limited prints. I only was able to put it in lawaway after begging my wife as she is the "true" cheap ass gamer. Oh well, that was the only way for me to lock it into that price and still get it. Good things come to those that wait.[/QUOTE]
Isn't there a charge for layaway?

The Kmart on Paoli Pike in West chester, PA has 7 copies left for 360 and four for ps3, and is selling at the sale price.

If anyone besides me is in the area, anyway.

[quote name='mnuttster']Would anyone know if any of the ones in the Chicagoland area have them? I rather not go on a wild goose chase if someone already knows![/QUOTE]

The Kmart on Route 30 in New Lenox (near Providence HS) has 3.

Someone must of knocked off a delivery Truck. There are over 170 RoFs listed on Glyde.com- I have never seen that before..lol

VEGAS report - Kmart had a bunch for 360, all marked $59.99. Cashier knew nothing and said if it was on sale there would be a sticker on it. I asked if we could just check the ring up price "for fun" and what do you know...$37.99. Still plenty left as of this writing.

bread's done
Back