Resonance of Fate $37.99 at KMart

VideoGamesIzFun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
All credit goes to SHC Gamer, he made this happen
Special sale for a limited time. Resonance of Fate has dropped to $37.99+tax at KMart.
THIS PRICE WIll SHOW UP AT THE REGISTER.
Great price for this game.

EDIT - Deal should go on until May 10th

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it. They had at least a few left for both systems. But the customer service is beyond atrocious there. It took them 15 minutes to get someone to open the case. In Target you can buzz them and someone will be there in literally a minute or less. It's unacceptable and it's really no wonder K-Mart is still floundering. I seriously almost walked out of the store instead of getting the game, it was that bad. To the Sears Holdings rep on here: Get corporate to focus on customer service and actually giving a shit about customers, please. The poor employees were clueless and severely understaffed with a skeleton crew; it was obvious that poor management was most of the problem. Maybe if you didn't focus on trying to compete with Wal-Mart, which is impossible, and instead tried to give half a shit about your customers, maybe the people who shopped with you guys 10 years ago would come back.

went to the kmart in los angeles. plenty in stock for both systems and there were actually small signs next to the game shelves, indicating a temporary price drop of $37.99. some kmarts are definitely aware of this sale.

My KMart in New Dorp had it, stickered 59.99 and I had the guy price check it, came up 37.99 so I bit. I only saw the PS3 version, didn't even realize there was an X360 version.

Got back from a Big K-mart in Eastlake (San Diego) and the sale is still on picked one up for me PS3. There are still four copies left for both 360 and PS3

[quote name='nervousxtian']Yeah, if you choose not do big portions of the game.. like the Arena.. which grindfest personified.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count that as a big portion of the game. It has nothing to do with the story and is never necessary. It's there solely to give people who want (or for whatever reason need) to grind a place where they can go to rather than just wandering around the map hoping to hit worthwhile random encounters. And I think that method is much better than random encounters.

Which is why I don't understand the complaints about it being a grindfest. If you are grinding in the Arena, you are basically doing it by choice. The game isn't forcing you. You are choosing to do it, and the game is allowing you a means to do it. So why are you knocking it, or at the very least defining it, based off of this optional content that it provides you?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Got it. They had at least a few left for both systems. But the customer service is beyond atrocious there. It took them 15 minutes to get someone to open the case. In Target you can buzz them and someone will be there in literally a minute or less. It's unacceptable and it's really no wonder K-Mart is still floundering. I seriously almost walked out of the store instead of getting the game, it was that bad. To the Sears Holdings rep on here: Get corporate to focus on customer service and actually giving a shit about customers, please. The poor employees were clueless and severely understaffed with a skeleton crew; it was obvious that poor management was most of the problem. Maybe if you didn't focus on trying to compete with Wal-Mart, which is impossible, and instead tried to give half a shit about your customers, maybe the people who shopped with you guys 10 years ago would come back.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I pass on most deals at K-Mart. There have been 3 copies of The Last Remnant there on clearance for months and I haven't picked it up simply because I can never find anyone to open the damn case.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Isn't there a charge for layaway?[/QUOTE]

True, True...but my wife has this "Sears" rewards card that racks up 1 percent on purchases, and apparantly can be used in kmart too..so that wiped the 5 dollar fee away and a couple bucks more. Wish it was out of prison so I could be playing it.

[quote name='CaoPi']a sega title after all[/QUOTE]
Ignorant much? Sega only published it, Tri-Ace was the developer. Not to mention you're taking another jab at it just because

Kmart in Columbus, Ohio on Bethel Rd. had two copies remaining (after I bought one). Marked as $59.99 but rang up as $37.99.
Woot.

[quote name='mortalgroove']Kmart in Columbus, Ohio on Bethel Rd. had two copies remaining (after I bought one). Marked as $59.99 but rang up as $37.99.
Woot.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so you went to the same store as me. You poor bastard.

Confirmed in Chantily, VA. It's still in the new game row too.

Did I miss someone saying this is a sale price? My reciept says in big bold letters that I saved $22

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Ah, so you went to the same store as me. You poor bastard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hadn't been there in awhile, although I live very close by. It is a pretty sad place.

A sales clerk showed up pretty quickly though, so it wasn't a nightmare wait. Plus, I got a nice 2-pack of pen-sized DS styluses that will hopefully help my gnarled gaming fingers, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the price is kinda a kmart price drop rather than a sale or anything.
Anyway I got it a week or so ago and I'm n chapter 3 and it's actually a lot of fun. Although I gotta say the game tutorials are awful I had to basically look up the nuances of the battle system online.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I guess the price is kinda a kmart price drop rather than a sale or anything.
Anyway I got it a week or so ago and I'm n chapter 3 and it's actually a lot of fun. Although I gotta say the game tutorials are awful I had to basically look up the nuances of the battle system online.[/QUOTE]

Don't go to a forum for it and say the same thing :roll:

You can get into a battle before the tutorial since it isn't forced on you. Which is good that you don't HAVE to play through it if you're replaying the game, but it'd be nice to have an option to instantly teleport you to the arena. It is .2 seconds from town but when I first started the game I had no idea the cursor was actually my party. Almost died in that first battle. Even going through the training, it's pretty crappy at explaining anything. Took me an hour or two to understand the game and up to 10 to really get tri attacks, bonus shots, smackdowns; everything.

This is a fantastic game. I've enjoyed every minute I've played. I'd recommend picking it up if you're looking for a good jrpg.

Stopped at a K-mart in Brookfield, WI on bluemound rd and succumbed to the temptation and snagged one of two copies of Resonance of Fate for the 360. Also had two copies available for the PS3, and rang up as 37.99. I may have gave up on RPGs but this game looks too intriguingly different to pass up at the price.

Also, damn I was impressed with the variety of games at K-mart. Had new sealed copies of The Shivering Isles expansion, but a no go at 30 bucks for a purchase.

[quote name='eth3real']It's a sale posted in the Kmart clearance thread lasts until May10[/QUOTE]

oh ok. I thought it was only a week sale or something and bought it that week. I guess I coulda waited until I played the other games in my backlog. But meh I would have gotten it eventually anyway. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

wow, whats with k-mart coming through with the deals lately i just picked up splinter cell and now i've gotta go get this too. Also in the splinter cell k-mart thread there is mention of a deal coming for nier soon.

Just picked up a 360 copy for 37.99 at the kmart on

5665 Rosemead Boulevard
Temple City, CA 91780

Theres one 360 copy left that i saw. I forgot to check for PS3 version so if ur feelin lucky go check it out.

I just picked up a copy for $37.99 I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not though. I have until July 28th to return it so I'll see if it pops up cheaper before then or if I work through my backlog to it.

bread's done
Back