Resonance of Fate PS3 18.89 at amazon

damn that's low. bough it at around 27.00 thinking I would get around to it soon, but i never did. People should jump on this at this price.

i remember getting this game for 11.99 at frys when they price match it from amazon, after i got the game they notice that it was a third party seller but it was 2late lol.

There's ~16 tutorials right at the beginning of the game that requires a ton of text reading... I haven't gotten through the tutorials yet, because I just get bored after a couple of tutorials and change to a different game.

i bought this for the 360 but never opened it.. maybe i should get it for the ps3 too at that price, lol. Anyone know if one version is better than the other? I seem to recall hearing the ps3 version actually looked significantly worse than the 360 version somewhere

[quote name='Kenshindono']i bought this for the 360 but never opened it.. maybe i should get it for the ps3 too at that price, lol. Anyone know if one version is better than the other? I seem to recall hearing the ps3 version actually looked significantly worse than the 360 version somewhere[/QUOTE]

significantly? Nah, barely noticeable it's nothing like Bayonetta

nemesislife mentioned that Fry's once matched Amazon @ $11.99. When was that?

Also, do you guys think at some point RoF will drop further than $18.89?

I want to give this game another chance, but I felt like it was all combat and no story which is sucks for an RPG. D;

[quote name='Luxuria']I want to give this game another chance, but I felt like it was all combat and no story which is sucks for an RPG. D;[/QUOTE]

It is lol. I got it for the 360 in December and played it up to chapter 5 and stopped. It has some cool character quirks but I will eventually get to picking this game back up as I heard the story gets better after chapter 6.

If the ps3 version is worse, it's by a tiny framerate difference, lighting effects and textures. Half of the differences are most likely just that, differences, nothing actually worse. I bought the 360 version at launch because I wasn't sure, but I don't think it really matters at all which you get graphics wise.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']nemesislife mentioned that Fry's once matched Amazon @ $11.99. When was that?

Also, do you guys think at some point RoF will drop further than $18.89?[/QUOTE]

it happen jan 15, i still have the receipt.

[quote name='nemesislife']it happen jan 15, i still have the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Argh! Oh well, if it happened once then it might happen again, I guess I'll wait then, still have a lot of games to finish.

dude it was 11.99 but shipping was like 7.99 if i remember right. but i guess u can wait n try to price match at frys.

[quote name='takotchi']The game is built on the ASKA engine (Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean: The Last Hope) and the 360 was the target, but the PS3 version looks pretty good too. They both run at 1088x720. Here's a comparison:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/20100202

It's in Japanese but it's fairly self-explanatory.[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, it seems like the PS3 has a softer light and shadows than the 360. The 360 also has higher contrast. The textures look about even. All in all, I guess either system would be fine...I'm curious about the frame rate though.

[quote name='blahtastic']From what I can tell, it seems like the PS3 has a softer light and shadows than the 360. The 360 also has higher contrast. The textures look about even. All in all, I guess either system would be fine...I'm curious about the frame rate though.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noIaWzetIls

Global average framerate for both versions was 28.xx FPS.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Has anyone actually finished this game?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I have the plat for it. As others said, fun combat system.

Eww @ lens of shit.

ya a lot of people dont like lens of truth but those pictures at the bottom dont lie. Theres missing lighting elements, and you can clearing see the heavy aliasing around the hair

Honestly those side by side comparisons are hardly noticeable. I always get my rpgs on the PS3 esp. it's a multiple platform one (good call here if it's a multiple disc game - ff 13, star ocean, CV: Lord of shadows for example). Plus I hate the 360 fan, it's still loud even when you install the game.

bread's done
Back