Resource management game?

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So I tried Farmville 2. First time I had tried one of these Ville games. I totally love the resource management stuff. Obviously, Farmville isn't going to cut it so I am looking for something similar for the PC or 360. Anyone know of something like this? A farming/resource game? I have Viva Pinata so far. Something with an objective and has that addictive collection/resource aspect. Looking for more. I have Minecraft but it lacks the direction I need. I always end up losing focus and getting bored. It doesn't necessarily have to be a farm. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
From my list under Simulation - Management

City of Rauma
Cultivation
LinCity
OpenTTD
Simutrans

Might want to be a bit more descriptive in the title and add "game" in there. Heck, I thought you were talking about PC resource management.

Tried a RTS? I am not into that but it sounds like what you may be looking for. Ever heard of StarCraft? That's literally all it is - properly managing your resources and a bit of strategy....well at least at the beginning. A plethora of games like that.

I think the Anno series might be up your alley. A city builder like SimCity but with more focus on resource gathering and optimization of production lines than city layout like simcity.

It has fighting/warfare too but it's pretty basic/easy and also pretty much optional as well (only required a few times in SP campaign).

openttd is not resource management

you play it if you like managing trains. yeah there's airplanes and cars but no one plays it for that.

if you have an iOS device or an android device check out all the offerings from the company kairosoft.

I am not really into FB games, but I tried this out and know a few games like it:
Farm Frenzy and Farm Craft (my favourite).

Harvest Moon and all the spinoffs.

Harvest Moon for straight of economy, farm management, and wife woo-ing.
Rune Factory for that stuff + action RPG combat.
Innocent Life for Harvest Moon.... IN THE FUTURE!

Also theres Recettear. A game about running a shop in a classic RPG setting.

bread's done
Back