Resumes and work samples

b0bx13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm working on my resume, it needs to be ready to go pretty quick here (my goal is to score an internship writing for a print publication or website). I'm stumbling through it, but not having too many issues.

The question is, how should I go about including published work samples? Should I include the entire page of the publication on which my article is printed? Cut out my pieces? Scan the articles and put them on a CD to accompany the resume? Provide the original text documents on CD? I'm going for whatever is going to look most professional (I personally feel that a CD with scans and original documents would seem the most professional, but I'm not sure how potential employers would percieve it.) If it makes any difference, my resume is not going to a specific entity, but being handed out at a large conference to whoever will take a look at it.

I would like to know also, since I will soon be in the same boat as you. I'm doing an internship now but when I need to make an actual resume, it would be helpful to know what to do with print shit.

I wouldn't use a CD. No one will take the time to look at what's on it. You get maybe 3 seconds to catch someone's attention - I'd have your articles/publications on a separate sheet of paper and laid out in an easy-to-read-manner. I don't think the original page/scan is necessary but maybe for the title above each article you could name the magazine or where ever the article comes from...

pretty much what javeryh said, you may want to get a nice binding setup for it rather then just attaching the pages,

bread's done
Back