Retro Duo Portable, I like it!!

NintenBroke

CAG Veteran
Ok so before I get bombarded with "I can play all those old games on my (fill in the blank console) via emulation" Let me say this; I know that already... I can too, but I wanted this for a couple of different reasons. 1st I buy and sale alot of cartridges at flea markets and yard sales and while 99% of them have worked just fine there have been the occasional ones that did not. So now when I'm yard sailing or flea marketeering I can keep this in the car and check out my newly acquired purchase and return or exchange on the spot. Secondly, there is something to be said for playing the game on the original cartridge, and this system does an amazing job of giving you that authentic feel. It has a great battery life of 8-10 hours for a portable system and has a good 3.5 inch screen. This console comes in an awesome bundle that includes 2 wired controllers that are darn near, and I said near, as good as the original SNES controllers, an adapter that plugs into the console so that you can use these controllers to play the game on the little screen, an a/v cable that allows you to play the system through the t.v. which I imagine is what the controllers are actually for. Also included is an adapter so that original NES games can be played through this console, a little stand to prop the console up with so if you are using the controllers with it, and an ac charging adapter.
Not included but available for purchase is an adapter so that Genesis games can be played on this console as well. A lot of bang for your buck and if you shop around you can get a good price. I got mine for $72 bucks shipped, I have had it only a few weeks and now I see on Ebay a Version 2.0 which is supposed to have louder speakers, better dpad on the console and 99.9% compatibility for the system. Basically all the negatives about the system have been addressed in the updated version. But I have been wearing F-Zero and Starfox out on mine and I have no issues with the console except the audio could be a tad louder. Anyone else own one of these?

bread's done
Back