Retro-loader NES $14.99 at buy

I love how they turned the controller ports on their sides just for the hell of it so now you can't use the system with a Four Score. Must have been the CEO's decision. Moron.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I love how they turned the controller ports on their sides just for the hell of it so now you can't use the system with a Four Score. Must have been the CEO's decision. Moron.[/QUOTE]

Because that's not an entirely unreasonable complaint about a $15 NES knockoff.

[quote name='Survivalism']Because that's not an entirely unreasonable complaint about a $15 NES knockoff.[/QUOTE]

I don't do this often, but....

QFT

How's the compatibility on this one? I've searched for reviews but come up with only a few that didn't go into detail. I know the FC Twin won't run Castlevania 3 and Battletoads. Wondering if that's the case with this one too.

I think it's absolutely sick how people feel like they have to apologize for posting a deal on the off-chance that someone will attack. Good find, OP!

[quote name='anthonyd46']I own this and reported no problems the original controllers work fine in it as well as the gun and joystick
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Same here, I have never had any problems with them as well.

[quote name='Survivalism']Because that's not an entirely unreasonable complaint about a $15 NES knockoff.[/QUOTE]

Somebody never had awesome shouting matches while playing Nintendo World Cup in 4 player mode with ice field mode on.

I'm wondering about the included controller pads. Does anyone know if it is a proprietary connector, or could we use a standard nes pad?

[quote name='forgot2panic']I'm wondering about the included controller pads. Does anyone know if it is a proprietary connector, or could we use a standard nes pad?[/QUOTE]
Included pads are third-party NES controllers. Any first-party Nintendo-made controllers would work fine.

If I currently had a job, I would totally pick this up so I can get Kickle Cubicle at my local play n trade to play this on.

Im in for one. Thanks for posting this!

Free shipping was the clincher for me. Could use a nice small/clean top loader for NES games.

This is the one I have that I got from a local shop in a LA awhile ago and it works great. I used the og controllers for it and had no problems. I had a lot more games back then but had no problems running any. Great price and so tempted to buy because I put mine in storage by accident and won't see (Super Mario Bros. 3:wall:) it for three years.

[quote name='I Am Legend']How's the compatibility on this one? I've searched for reviews but come up with only a few that didn't go into detail. I know the FC Twin won't run Castlevania 3 and Battletoads. Wondering if that's the case with this one too.[/QUOTE]

Some people were talking about this system over at AtariAge awhile back. Castlevania 3 was tested and did not work properly.

I was interested in purchasing one until I read that.

^No it isn't. :roll:

I kind of want to try one of these. The two NES systems I have both take a ridiculous amount of work to get them working.

[quote name='evilkittytits']This is too cool... I just noticed that the pic of the Duo Twin version (NES/SNES) actually has a copy of fuck sitting in the cartridge slot! :D[/QUOTE]

So at least they're guaranteeing compatibility with a much beloved classic.:roll:

I like being able to play my old games plus the first one I got plays famicom games so I built up a nice collection and I have yet to dig up snes games to play with the duo twin at least it has AV cables out of the box. Also, Castlevania 3 rarely works with most of these its one of the games that just doesn't work with them well at all.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Just wondering, why buy these knockoff systems? Just download the emulators and if you own the cartridges, it's all legal.[/QUOTE]

That's what you may think, but you're wrong. Kind of like saying "I paid for a Who song on Rock Band so now I can download the same song through bit torrent, it's legal". Sorry, it's not.

Gah, in for one. Thanks, OP ;)

I already own an NES, but this is nice to have in the office or for my kids to mess around with. Shame about the Castlevania 3 incompatibility, but that's kind of across the board for most of these clones (and CV3 using a custom chipset).

Now, to dig through 300+ cartridges and prepare what I'm going to play when it arrives :D:D:D:D

[quote name='Danil ACE']Just wondering, why buy these knockoff systems? Just download the emulators and if you own the cartridges, it's all legal.[/QUOTE]

Technically, I think it would be legal if you yourself extracted the ROM images from the actual carts you own, but just owning the carts and then downloading the ROMs from some website is not legal.

Where I think DA is thinking it is legal is that you are by law allowed to have one back up copy of all software you have bought. Well thats part of the law. The rest goes on to say that basically the company that made the software can tell you how to back it up. Atleast I think that is how it reads.

Yes, under certain conditions as provided by section 117 of the Copyright Act. Although the precise term used under section 117 is “archival” copy, not “backup” copy, these terms today are used interchangeably. This privilege extends only to computer programs and not to other types of works.

Under section 117, you or someone you authorize may make a copy of an original computer program if:

the new copy is being made for archival (i.e., backup) purposes only;
you are the legal owner of the copy; and
any copy made for archival purposes is either destroyed, or transferred with the original copy, once the original copy is sold, given away, or otherwise transferred.
You are not permitted under section 117 to make a backup copy of other material on a computer's hard drive, such as other copyrighted works that have been downloaded (e.g., music, films).

It is also important to check the terms of sale or license agreement of the original copy of software in case any special conditions have been put in place by the copyright owner that might affect your ability or right under section 117 to make a backup copy. There is no other provision in the Copyright Act that specifically authorizes the making of backup copies of works other than computer programs even if those works are distributed as digital copies.

from copyright.gov.

Emulators don't play thegame 100% correctly. They are pretty close though. Also playing on a PC monitor sucks imo.
Its cheap and new.
Nice deal.

[quote name='troy2007']I think it's absolutely sick how people feel like they have to apologize for posting a deal on the off-chance that someone will attack. Good find, OP![/QUOTE]

I agree you don't have to apologize for doing a public service. Thanx 4 posting. :bouncy::applause::D:D:D:lol::lol:

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']What was the name of those famiclones that had a slot for NES games and a slot for Famicom games?[/QUOTE]

retro duo or something along those lines. That's what I'm holding out for 2 in 1:bouncy:

*edit

Guess that isn't the right one...oh well :).

[quote name='Chuplayer']Technically, I think it would be legal if you yourself extracted the ROM images from the actual carts you own, but just owning the carts and then downloading the ROMs from some website is not legal.[/QUOTE]

There's a certain level of ethics vs legality that makes some of this kind of pointless. I don't think anyone (judge, jury, whatever) will ethically fault you for getting the ROMs from a website simply because you didn't have the hardware or know-how to do it yourself. Nit-picking on legal technicalities like these (that in no way benefit the original creators or publishers of the work, or, heck, even collectors, nor increase the value--you get the point) is what's keeping a small portion of pirates from going legit.

Also, ice field mode was brilliant. I remember kicking back to Nintendo World Cup recently with my roommate who never played it. We kept cheering on our AI player (who we aptly named "Teammate") and yelling at him when he did something stupid. Remember the bicycle kick and slaughtering the GK? ...lol.

bread's done
Back