Retroism Unholy Night (SNES Compatible) $15.73 New @ Amazon

Does this come sealed? I'm not a fan of this particular game, but man I hope they do many other games like this in the future!

(Hagane, Super Adventure Island, Plok, etc.)

Does this come sealed? I'm not a fan of this particular game, but man I hope they do many other games like this in the future!

(Hagane, Super Adventure Island, Plok, etc.)
Got mine at launch and it wasn't "sealed". Just the circular stack over the tabs

Suffice to say, this game isn't that great. I had hopes for this game. Some of the flaws that stick out to me the most are the choppy frame rate, Player 2 not being able to perform charge motion moves, characters' ground attacks don't push them back when they have the opponent cornered (in fact, Blaze even has an infinite combo with Cr. A in the corner). 2-player matches go back to the main menu instead of having the option to continue Versus matches. You can't walk while holding an attack button, and you can't use Negative Edge (hold an attack button, input special move motion, release attack button) to perform special moves like you could in other fighting games, you could even Negative Edge in Street Fighter 1.

The special move motion detection seemed pretty bad. It feels like there's certain frames where the game wouldn't register the direction you pressed. Emily's crouching sprite is the exact same as her crouching block sprite, and her mash special move has a 45 frame window before its motion resets, making it way too easy to perform by accident when you want to use her ground normals. Apparently, the super moves are listed as having double quarter circle motions, but they seem to be executed with just Dragon Punch motions. Buttons can't be configured.

The sprites look like they could very well fit on a GBA screen, and the music is nothing to write home about. The character designs are decent.

It's quite a shame, as the the gameplay could have been polished more. This game might have fared better on the Genesis. If I paid full price for this game, I would have been really disappointed. Honestly, I would suggest picking up TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES), or if your SNES is ready to load SFC carts, Sailor Moon S.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back