Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
CURRENT DEALS:

$129.99 with free shipping at ThinkGeek

Important Information
​Warranty registration - http://www.retron5.com/warrantyregistration_/
Patch Notes / How to Update (Last update 6/10/2014) - http://retron5.in/?src=98f13708210194c475687be6106a3b84

I've included the text from the pre-order era of this OP in spoilers for reference.
UPDATE 5/27/14: It's real this time. Hyperkin's June 6 release date is happening. Many mom and pop stores that have received their units have started selling them already, and many people who have ordered from Amazon (myself included) are reporting getting emails from Amazon notifying them that their orders qualify for release day delivery and are updating estimated delivery status to June 6th, no longer showing the "we need more time" placeholder. It's worth noting that so far only people who have ordered the grey unit from Amazon are receiving order updates (which coincides with Hyperkin reporting on their facebook page that they had shipped Amazon's grey preorder units, but Amazon had yet to place an order for the black units). All consoles that have been shown off online by reviewers, people who have been able to buy them before the street date, or Hyperkin themselves have all been grey consoles to this point. No word on black consoles. Another note: Chris Gallizzi of Hyperkin responded to an inquiry about Newegg orders by saying that he is not aware of any issues with Newegg's preorders, and they should be good to go for the launch.

UPDATE 5/22/14: Just one day after IGN and Polygon reported that Hyperkin would begin shipping units to retailers on May 22 (today as of this writing), Hyperkin essentially confirmed that. They have announced that the launch date for the long overdue RetroN 5 is June 6th, 2014. In a much quieter fashion (just by responding to a random person's comment) they confirmed this would be for North America only and that the console would launch in the UK in September. There is also one more small hitch. The rumor that the first batch of units would be only for mom/pop B&M retailers and that NO units from this batch would go to Amazon or Newegg has been gaining some serious steam. While Hyperkin has been responding to a decent amount of comments on their facebook page from excited fans, they continue to ignore questions about when Amazon orders will ship. So it seems those of us who preordered on Amazon still don't have a solid release date. Fulfillment could happen any time between June 6th through September or beyond.

UPDATE 5/21/14: IGN today reported that the RetroN 5 would begin shipping out on May 22 (tomorrow, as of this writing)! This coincides with Chris Gazzilli, Hyperkin's project manager, posting a picture on his facebook page of a massive shipping container full of RetroN 5 units. Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems hell may have just frozen over.

UPDATE 5/13/14: Hyperkin has listed the RetroN 5, and it's controllers, on their company wholesale store for authorized retailers to buy. The console (both colors) and controllers (both colors) are listed as sold out. I'm not sure if they were in stock and sold out quickly, or if they haven't been made available yet. Regardless, it's good news that the system is listed for the first time ever. Additionally, reviewers such as GameSpot and several youtube reviewers have received their review units, which appear to be retail units. The RetroN 5 seems to finally be around the corner. We'll see, but things look promising right now. One thing to note: the listing for the console on Hyperkin's wholesale page indicates that each wholesale box contains six units. If this is the case, it would seem to debunk the previous report of the console being shipped in quantities of four per retailer.

UPDATE 4/25/14: While this hasn't technically been confirmed by Hyperkin, I take it as fact. It's worth remembering that NOTHING has been officially confirmed by Hyperkin. Hyperkin has remained silent until unofficially confirming almost all known info in random interviews with various youtubers and forum members. Therefor, again, I take this as fact:

I spoke to Hyperkin today.

Here are the "unofficial" details.

The "end of May" release is a "soft" release. Meaning they really are waiting for the next batch due in the summer for the official real release. Amazon is NOT getting any of the units released at the end of May. Each retailer is only getting 4 units. Retail on the unit is $139.99 and $39.99 for the additional controller. The reasons for the price increase are both cosmetic and technical but if it works as it should then it should be a great retro system.

Our 4 are already taken with pre-orders. If you know any stores locally that are getting units, and you want one for end of May, then i suggest you contact them and put money down. Keep in mind that each store is getting 4 units only for the soft launch.
UPDATE 4/17/14: Hyperkin has increased the price of the RetroN 5, saying "north of $100, between $129.99 and $149.99". Alll pre-orders from Amazon should be honored via their pre-order price guarantee. I believe Newegg has the same guarantee, I am not sure about Stone Age Gamer or 8 Bit Classics. Think Geek still hasn't opened pre-orders on the unit, instead offering a link to be signed up for email notifications as to when it will be available. Also on the Amazon front, they have sold out or pre-orders. Furthermore, it is more likely you'll learn the ETA from Amazon, Newegg, or whoever you ordered it from. Hyperkin has gone on record of saying they will never again announce a hard release date for anything.

UPDATE 4/12/14: After Hyperkin denied the console was delayed again and vigoruosuly shoved the month of April up everyone's ass for half a year, today they delayed the vaporware console yet again. At the Midwest Gaming Classic, they did their annual presentation. They ignored the planned April 2014 release, but finally somebody in the crowd asked about it. The Hyperkin rep said it was releasing in "30 days, guaranteed". This is not the first time they used the word "guaranteed", last time was about April so this doesn't mean jack shit. So maybe it'll randomly show up at people's houses at the end of may, maybe it wont, and maybe my ass will fly out of my ass.

Retron 5 Delay History:
-Summer 2013 (which they continued to say after summer was over, claiming they meant "Indian Summer" or "California Summer"....i'm not making this up)
-December 10 2013
-Quarter 1 2014
-Quarter 2 2014
-First two weeks of April
-April 2014, guaranteed
-Gauranteed within 30-40 days of April 12, 2014
-June 6 2014

DELAYED. ANY UPDATES FROM HYPERKIN WILL COME ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/HyperkinGames

UPDATE: In a recent interview, Hyperkin confirmed that the initial batch of units WILL NOT BE ENOUGH to meet day ome demand. Also confirmed was the ability for the system to act as a multitap. Example: in a four player SNES game, two players could use snes controlles, one player could use the retron controller, and one player could use a genesis controller. Interview can be found here.

Pre-order at Amazon (SOLD OUT)
Pre-order at Newegg: Black (SOLD OUT) or Grey (SOLD OUT)
Pre-order at Stone Age Gamer (DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, RELEASE DAY DELIVERY NOT PROMISED)
Pre-order at 8 Bit Classics (DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, RELEASE DAY DELIVERY NOT PROMISED)

UPDATE: Hyperkin claims that they opened up some packaged retail units and discovered some units had faulty pins. because of this, the Retron 5 has been delayed. No new release date has been announced, although Hyperkin has stated the unit will release in 2014 and that they are aiming for Q1. This is the Retron 5's third delay.

EDIT: Preorders are sold out at Amazon and Newegg.

Retron5 pre-orders have finally (about damn time) opened.

For those of you who have been following this console, you know it's quite highly anticipated and looks to be far better than any clone system released before.

For those unfamiliar, here's a little info:

• It's one system that plays games for the following systems: NES, SNES, Genesis, Mega Drive, Famicom, Super Famicom, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance.
  • Two controller ports for each console will be built in with the system. It will also come with one wireless universal controller.
  • Outputs in HDMI and upscales for HDTVs. Early impressions and videos of this have been extremley postive. From the website: "The RetroN 5 will up convert the video signal to show clearer and cleaner images, with vibrant colors on an HDTV with a resolution output of up to 720p through the use of shaders. You will also be able to select the aspect ratio in our GUI, from the standard 4:3 to the HD ratio of 16:9."
  • Features a user interface (dashboard. Somewhat similar of the PS3 interface in appearance, in my opinion).
  • Features save states. From the website: "Most games did not allow for you to freely save your games. The RetroN 5 will allow you to save their games at any point during gameplay, and will feature an autosave feature upon shutdown. You will be able to load your saves at anytime during gameplay."
  • Button reassignment supported. From the website: "Users will be able to program the controller to assign buttons to their preference. In turn, the RetroN 5 will save these custom layouts, so that users will not have to constantly reconfigure the button configuration. This feature will also be available to people wanting to remap their buttons on their original controllers."
  • 100% game cartridge compatibility, without lag.
  • Sega Power Base Converter compatible, allowing Sega Master System games to be played.
More information is here. It may be a bit dated since this was from back when they first announced the console, but I figured it was the best site to link since it also featured some screenshots as well. http://hyperkin.com/blog/2013/03/retron-5-details-revealed-from-the-midwest-gaming-classic/ There is also plenty of info on Hyperkin's facebook page.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and i'm extremley excited that pre-orders are finally open. For one console that not only plays all of these console's games, but upscales them and features save states (either to the cartridge (if supported) or the console itself)...this seems like a great deal. And if you've been following the hype for the console, there is a good chance it could end up selling out. Hyperkin isn't a huge company and this thing has a TON of pre-release demand (just check out the comments on the facebook page). I like the look of the black one a bit better, because it seems to be the traditional console color nowadays. But I opted for the grey model because the black console and controller seem like they'd be fingerprint magnets.

Preorder either color here at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-RetroN-Gaming-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00DZIX3CQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1378958043&sr=8-13&keywords=retron+5 or here at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=retron%205&N=-1&isNodeId=1&RandomID=65244712392254220130925161655

Here are pictures of the two consoles, since the pictures on Amazon aren't that great:

Grey:
Retron-5.jpg

Black:
e3_retron5_03550.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
antiques are only valueable these days because of shows like pawn stars and american pickers and the countless spin offs .
Disagreed. Antiques were popular before any show about them appeared. This isn't a chicken or the egg scenario...

More importantly, antiques aren't merely impractical luxury items. First, not all antiques have to be expensive. They don't only have to have a "cool" place of origin either. Antiques can be extremely practical dollar for dollar because, for example, a sturdy dining table that was hand made in the early 19th century has more value merely because of its quality and pedigree (that is, lasting for centuries.)

Those antiques you see on TV are only those of fancy cool origins because it makes for good TV. It does not cover the true nature and value of antique shopping. They aren't going to show a simple "good value" table because that's just boring.

The antique table may be more expensive than a cheap Ikea table, but over time, the money is probably better spent on the antique. You'll be tossing that Ikea table in 5-10 years where your antique table will be passed to your grandchildren and beyond. THAT'S where the value lies.

I'm a new home owner, meaning I'm broke as shit. But that doesn't mean I should ignore the principle of value. I want quality furniture, and the best way to do that on a budget is through antique shopping, not Ethan Allen's modern $1000 bed frames...

Or, and this is crazy talk, I could just leave my giant ass PC in my office where it belongs, and instead buy a cheap plug-and-play system that makes my huge collection of cartridge based games look awesome on my 52" HDTV.

I know, I'm crazy. Why ever would I want to eliminate the jungle of wires and free up the shelf space of no less then four of my game consoles?

[EDIT] That moment you realize you just quoted a post from the first page. :wall:
Exactly...

While I am a GAMER and will play on any platform.. games that work better with a controller just feel better when you can stretch out on a couch and have fun.

I honestly play console games more then PC just for this fact, and that I don't have to worry about driver conflicts, unsupported devices..

As long as the game is made for the console.. it'll work (More or less.. I'm looking at you Kinect games)

I got confirmation stright from Chris Gallizzi on twitter just a few minutes ago that he personally help get the shipment ready for amazon and there are black units included in the shipment. My twitter handle is @jcmeadows94,[attachment=5325:image.jpg]

It's good to hear Amazon is indeed getting black units but then that just means more misinformation came out of this thread about things instead of from Hyperkin.

Disagreed. Antiques were popular before any show about them appeared. This isn't a chicken or the egg scenario...

More importantly, antiques aren't merely impractical luxury items. First, not all antiques have to be expensive. They don't only have to have a "cool" place of origin either. Antiques can be extremely practical dollar for dollar because, for example, a sturdy dining table that was hand made in the early 19th century has more value merely because of its quality and pedigree (that is, lasting for centuries.)

Those antiques you see on TV are only those of fancy cool origins because it makes for good TV. It does not cover the true nature and value of antique shopping. They aren't going to show a simple "good value" table because that's just boring.

The antique table may be more expensive than a cheap Ikea table, but over time, the money is probably better spent on the antique. You'll be tossing that Ikea table in 5-10 years where your antique table will be passed to your grandchildren and beyond. THAT'S where the value lies.

I'm a new home owner, meaning I'm broke as shit. But that doesn't mean I should ignore the principle of value. I want quality furniture, and the best way to do that on a budget is through antique shopping, not Ethan Allen's modern $1000 bed frames...
while I agree with your premise shows like Pawn stars and countless others have made the problem a lot worse because they've convinced sooooo many people(really just about anyone I talk to now) that whatever pile of junk they have may be gold in value whereas before these same people would figure "I don't want it so it's junk" and yard sale it or trash it alltogether. yes there are still many people not in on this but I think that number is shrinking and plenty of businesses have popped that do nothing but sell your old stuff on ebay for you.

somethings like retro games have I believe had their values artificially inflated as a result simply because as games they have value. then there is the rareness factor people tend to think if it's rare it must be gold and people like to attach emotional value to things as well which inflates it even more.

I also don't think things like paintings and furniture can be lumped into the same category as electronics. I think there is a higher natural value in the former and I don't expect digital art to ever reach the status of regular artwork. I do agree older furniture was built better(well tables anyway I wouldn't take an old chair over a new chair)

I got confirmation stright from Chris Gallizzi on twitter just a few minutes ago that he personally help get the shipment ready for amazon and there are black units included in the shipment. My twitter handle is @jcmeadows94,
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Thanks for asking him that and thank you for sharing. This is good news for me as well. I'm also waiting on my black console to ship. I have it preordered with a credit card that's expired. I'm still going to wait for them to attempt to ship it and then call within the 3 days to get my amazon credit applied.

I'd just hate to have my amazon credit tied up for a long long long time if they don't get inventory for some reason. I'm assuming this thread will be bumped 100 times if people's orders start showing "Preparing For Shipment." Does this plan make sense to anyone else? I'm going to feel like an idiot if I have $76.19 worth of Amazon credit tied up for months and using real cash money to buy stuff on Amazon.

All this talk about "retro shops" sounding like they're on every corner has me in quite a fury. And it's not like I live in the sticks... or at least not exactly. I've got a crappy Salvation Army shop that will refuse to carry electronics unless they're self-contained and fully-functional, a Goodwill 20 minutes down the highway that only ever gets brand new games as Clearance run-off from the neighboring Target (and trust me, they're never anything good, and priced WAY too high) and 45 minutes down the thruway there's Mr. Dealz whom prices modern games ever-so-slightly below ebay prices and frankly, I never bothered to check they're slim supply of retro games.

For crissake, someone else in here please tell me I'm not the only one that doesn't have a plethora of choices for buying retro games within fuck ing walking distance of them! :twoguns:Arrgh, I'm about to unsubscribe this thread out of sheer resentment. :nottalking:

(I know... I know: :-({|= )

The city I used to live in didn't have a single retro game store 3-4 years ago and now, it's got 3 of them. Where I'm living now, there are 4 stores that sell old games within a 10 minute drive. But honestly, they all SUCK.

For anything that GS no longer carries, their prices are awful. They take eBay prices and add another 10-20%, regardless of what condition the games are in. It's the story story for trade ins, if GS doesn't take them, they won't offer squat for them (because, where else are most people going to take them)?

In this day and age of the interest, mom & pop stores have become awful places to find any good deals. Honestly, you're not missing much.

The city I used to live in didn't have a single retro game store 3-4 years ago and now, it's got 3 of them. Where I'm living now, there are 4 stores that sell old games within a 10 minute drive. But honestly, they all SUCK.

For anything that GS no longer carries, their prices are awful. They take eBay prices and add another 10-20%, regardless of what condition the games are in. It's the story story for trade ins, if GS doesn't take them, they won't offer squat for them (because, where else are most people going to take them)?

In this day and age of the interest, mom & pop stores have become awful places to find any good deals. Honestly, you're not missing much.
You're making me pine for the trusty worthy retro stores of Ypsi & Ann Arbor Michigan.

Where I am now... yea let's not talk about how "Trust Worthy" the retro stores are...

The value of older merchandise is always going to be relative. There's always some amount of nostalgia or emotional baggage clouding people's judgement. That's not something to lament, it's just part of the equation.

And there's always going to be a certain amount of speculation in the market as well. This is partially thanks to the internet, and services like eBay. It's never been easier to set up your own on-line "shop." It's also been fuelled by various forms of media that have highlighted speculation. In the current age, we have reality shows that follow speculators and flippers. Before that, there was news coverage of the speculation boom in the 90s surrounding comics and Beany-Babies. (and any number of other disposable fad products)

Video games are just having their turn in the speculation spotlight. As soon as it becomes obvious that you can't make a fortune flipping these things, the second hand market will cool down and stabilize.

Of course, there will still be expensive used games. Except for a few hobbyist projects, there isn't anyone making fresh copies of most older games. Which means that the supply of the physical cartridges is limited, for some titles more than others. That's when supply and demand kicks in. I'm never going to get a dirt-cheap bargain on Metal Warriors, because there are simply fewer of those cartridges. No one is really to blame for this, it's just what happened with that particular title.

It looks like I'll have to wait on the Retron5. Most of the stores in my area will be sold out for another month. I did get a good buy-one-get-one-free deal on older Pokemon titles at the local Play-N-Trade.

no ofense but this has scam writing all over it it was anoune over year ago every1 paidand no product its what they call "baiting u along" they bait u and u keep waiting but u never gget product and scamer get money.
It's a patented product that actually had a run of bad units so they pushed it back to make a better product.
Sure waiting sucks, and seeing it pushed back but it really has been released now and is in the hands of a few consumers and reliable, legit review companies.

It's a patented product that actually had a run of bad units so they pushed it back to make a better product.
Sure waiting sucks, and seeing it pushed back but it really has been released now and is in the hands of a few consumers and reliable, legit review companies.
scamers usully make excuse like this its like nigearn scamer ppl still get those email and dumba** fall 4 it. its ur job 2 b smart consumer dont fall 4 tricks we all scam 1 or 2 time online i have be4 but now i am smart i dont fall 4 s*** u dont have 2 lsiten 2 me but i am experinece shoepr by now.

scamers usully make excuse like this its like nigearn scamer ppl still get those email and dumba** fall 4 it. its ur job 2 b smart consumer dont fall 4 tricks we all scam 1 or 2 time online i have be4 but now i am smart i dont fall 4 s*** u dont have 2 lsiten 2 me but i am experinece shoepr by now.
No offense, but please learn to type when writing on a forum.

Using number for letters, or shortening words with numbers just makes you look ignorant and your grammar is horrible.

I honestly feel like you're just trying to be a troll, especially with your name and that fact you're a brand new member.

The fact of the matter is, the system HAS been released. That alone makes it not a scam, we all who purchased the Retron will have it within the next two weeks. It has been officially released to the public and those who have pre-ordered it will have a date by which they will also have the system.

Also to all others who are reading this, yes sometime I know my posts can be incomprehendable cause I get scatted brained when writing... but never as bad as the last two posts of the person I am replying to.

Really good review. Makes me want to keep my preorder even more. lol.
I normally dont read Gamespot anymore but this review is the best one for the console I've seen yet.

Well I think the problems with the O.S. can be patched easily.
My other question is, can it play fan carts, test carts, or hacked carts?
Not currently but they could be patched in.

I normally dont read Gamespot anymore but this review is the best one for the console I've seen yet.

Not currently but they could be patched in.
Yea, I was about to get a few reproductions and homebrews running.

Also the fact it has trouble with Super Mario RPG, Zelda Link To The Past.. doesn't really bode well.

Honestly, if it has problems with those two games... Earthbound will probably be unplayable.

Earthbound has tons of antipiracy checksums... if it fails one it goes into pirate mode where it triples the enemy count and deletes your save at the final boss.
One of these checks is where it checks the memory of the cartride.. if it were a data dump into an unknown sized Rom file.. it may find larger then average catridge rom and go into the pirate mode making the console useless IMHO.

Yea, I was about to get a few reproductions and homebrews running.
Also the fact it has trouble with Super Mario RPG, Zelda Link To The Past.. doesn't really bode well.

Honestly, if it has problems with those two games... Earthbound will probably be unplayable.
Earthbound has tons of antipiracy checksums... if it fails one it goes into pirate mode where it triples the enemy count and deletes your save at the final boss.
One of these checks is where it checks the memory of the cartride.. if it were a data dump into an unknown sized Rom file.. it may find larger then average catridge rom and go into the pirate mode making the console useless IMHO.
Hyperkin has posted online that Earthbound, Mario RPG, and Star Fox are all fully playable and that Earthbound's checksums won't be an issue. Another user commented a while back that he brought Pier Solar to a con and tried it on Hyperkin's beta model and it worked. And finally today so,embody posted that a bootleg copy of pokemon fire red played just fine. So who the hell knows why gamespot had trouble. Could be anything from a buggy beta unit to dirty pins on the games.

Well I think the problems with the O.S. can be patched easily.
My other question is, can it play fan carts, test carts, or hacked carts?
Someone on their FB page loaded up and played a repro copy of Megaman & Bass. The only thing that worries me is a snippet from the Gamespot review where they said something like, "if the cart is labeled as 'Unknown' by the console, it disables cheats and save states". Disabling the save states would make the console pretty much useless. Really hope that isn't the case. And even Gamespot and FB users said that some legit carts show up as 'Unknown' as well.

Someone on their FB page loaded up and played a repro copy of Megaman & Bass. The only thing that worries me is a snippet from the Gamespot review where they said something like, "if the cart is labeled as 'Unknown' by the console, it disables cheats and save states". Disabling the save states would make the console pretty much useless. Really hope that isn't the case. And even Gamespot and FB users said that some legit carts show up as 'Unknown' as well.
I fully expect patches to be flying off once the console is in the hands of the public and a lot of feedback is sent in. If that does not happen something is wrong.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I went to over half a dozen shops today and asked a few of them when I saw they had Retron stuff about the 5. Three of them that seemed to know what they were talking about said they were expecting their shipments this week. Two of them had units out to demo. Makes me almost want to grab some of my problematic carts and have them test on the 5, but it doesn't matter since I'm still buying it anyway. I can wait a little longer until my own unit arrives hopefully by the end of next week. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]For what it's worth the Amazon delay rumors were simply that, rumors. People seemed to make up a ton of BS when Hyperkin remained silent. I disregarded this nonsense as should everyone else. No one with any credibility ever said Amazon wasn't getting theirs until September.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Incidentally, if you are interested in obtaining my spare Retron 5 that I preordered don't PM me with junk offers (I've already had someone try to make a trade for it-only reason I mention it). I'm not really interested in selling/trading it unless you offer me more than face value for it. kthanxbai :D[/SIZE]

I did not pre-order the RetroN5.  Will I still be able to purchase it from Amazon or Newegg after it is released for MSRP?  I want to avoid eBay at all cost.

I did not pre-order the RetroN5. Will I still be able to purchase it from Amazon or Newegg after it is released for MSRP? I want to avoid eBay at all cost.
If this is as popular as it seems you will have to wait for Amazon to get more in stock as resellers will just charge more and don't pay that.

I did not pre-order the RetroN5. Will I still be able to purchase it from Amazon or Newegg after it is released for MSRP? I want to avoid eBay at all cost.

If this is as popular as it seems you will have to wait for Amazon to get more in stock as resellers will just charge more and don't pay that.
Pretty much what deathfromace said. I'm guessing due Hyperkin's inability to even ship enough for preorders it seems (I'm only speculating this based on their Newegg comment) I would imagine getting one through an official reseller like Amazon/Newegg for MSRP will require some patience. Don't pay over face value for it. If there are issues with the systems you fill feel doubly annoyed since you paid more for it. By waiting until they are readily available you can save some cash you could put towards buying more carts to play on the device and you'll have the added benefit of getting (probably) a better manufactured console. I'm hoping that with two on the way I have a really good chance of getting one that will work without issues out of the box. (I really hope I didn't just jinx myself...)

I cancelled my preorder... just had a change of heart I guess. Gonna spend a few bucks on an SNES controller adapter for PC. Hopefully it doesn't double in value or something, though, as I would have kept the preorder if it would have made me a quick buck.

I cancelled my preorder... just had a change of heart I guess. Gonna spend a few bucks on an SNES controller adapter for PC. Hopefully it doesn't double in value or something, though, as I would have kept the preorder if it would have made me a quick buck.
If anything my desire to get it increased with the Gamespot review. The only real issues they had could be fixed with updates. While it's possible Hyperkin does not fix them I highly doubt that will happen as it just released and they made the console to be able to be updated.

Edit:

While I have heard this does not currently work with the Retron 5 I couldn't help but pre-order a copy for the next reprint.

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/factory/pier-solar_1/

not so in my area. I've got many shops that offer extremely reasonable prices for just about everything.

Hyperkin has posted online that Earthbound, Mario RPG, and Star Fox are all fully playable and that Earthbound's checksums won't be an issue. Another user commented a while back that he brought Pier Solar to a con and tried it on Hyperkin's beta model and it worked. And finally today so,embody posted that a bootleg copy of pokemon fire red played just fine. So who the hell knows why gamespot had trouble. Could be anything from a buggy beta unit to dirty pins on the games.
ding ding

It disables save states because it can't recognize which save state it needs to load. If it can't recognize the game, all the system knows is which system it's on.

Which isn't even a huge problem. If you can't play a game with save states..ugh.
If I didn't want save state support, I would play the games on the original console =/.

This is a big feature of the Retron 5, so it should absolutely work in my opinion.

If you are looking for save states for GBA games I think both the gameboy player for GameCube and a device called the AGP advanced game port for GameCube both offer that feature. I have the AGP and it allows you to take a screenshot of the game and save it on your gcn memory card.

If anything my desire to get it increased with the Gamespot review. The only real issues they had could be fixed with updates. While it's possible Hyperkin does not fix them I highly doubt that will happen as it just released and they made the console to be able to be updated.

Edit:
While I have heard this does not currently work with the Retron 5 I couldn't help but pre-order a copy for the next reprint.

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/factory/pier-solar_1/
I was thinking of pre-ordering a copy but I remember some CAG saying he never received his pre-order for the Dreamcast copy from the 1st run. Anyone else have issues with getting their copy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4FkuI9CcP0
I'm not his son. He keeps asking ya feel me, ya know what Im sayin. What an uneducated retard. This guys gets a review unit. He does not even deserve a controller to review. What is a HUNNIT? And he was getting beat up by Glass Joe. How do you not knock him down in the first round if you are a "gamer" that gets to review games? He is clearly excited to play the game so he has played it before. This is NOT a credible review one bit.

I'm not his son. He keeps asking ya feel me, ya know what Im sayin. What an uneducated retard. This guys gets a review unit. He does not even deserve a controller to review. What is a HUNNIT? And he was getting beat up by Glass Joe. How do you not knock him down in the first round if you are a "gamer" that gets to review games? He is clearly excited to play the game so he has played it before. This is NOT a credible review one bit.
Well, ok.. I was just trying to find a video for the guy. At least the guy in the video was excited about it and didn't put me to sleep like most people. If anything he made me want one of these. Know what I'm sayin... son? ;)

So you don't like his personality and there is a game he has not played in a very long time and that makes him not credible? I've never heard of this guy before and odds are I will never watch another one of his videos but that is okay because reviewers are not for everyone. I dislike Total Biscuit and I can't stand pewdipie but other people love those guys and use them.

Now if we are going to get to the point of what you are trying to say and clean it up this is how I would do it.

The guy made a 21 minute video and I don't feel like I got any really useful information out of it. I have not seen any of his other stuff but based on what I saw in the video I would say he shouldn't of got a unit because nothing useful came out of it. Now if he has a site or other videos that do more that would change my point of view but as this is the only video I've seen people link from this guy I will assume this is all we got out of him.

I don't use Gamespot or read their reviews on almost anything but I did read the review and watch the video for the Retron 5 and I got a lot more information out of them at a faster speed. I don't know when they got their unit in but from what I can tell it seems as if the guy in the video about got his first.

I'll wait for the reviews that can actually and hopefully in depth test how accurate the emulation is. And whether it's stealing open source emulators.

This is a secretly racist post.

bread's done
Back