Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
CURRENT DEALS:

$129.99 with free shipping at ThinkGeek

Important Information
​Warranty registration - http://www.retron5.com/warrantyregistration_/
Patch Notes / How to Update (Last update 6/10/2014) - http://retron5.in/?src=98f13708210194c475687be6106a3b84

I've included the text from the pre-order era of this OP in spoilers for reference.
UPDATE 5/27/14: It's real this time. Hyperkin's June 6 release date is happening. Many mom and pop stores that have received their units have started selling them already, and many people who have ordered from Amazon (myself included) are reporting getting emails from Amazon notifying them that their orders qualify for release day delivery and are updating estimated delivery status to June 6th, no longer showing the "we need more time" placeholder. It's worth noting that so far only people who have ordered the grey unit from Amazon are receiving order updates (which coincides with Hyperkin reporting on their facebook page that they had shipped Amazon's grey preorder units, but Amazon had yet to place an order for the black units). All consoles that have been shown off online by reviewers, people who have been able to buy them before the street date, or Hyperkin themselves have all been grey consoles to this point. No word on black consoles. Another note: Chris Gallizzi of Hyperkin responded to an inquiry about Newegg orders by saying that he is not aware of any issues with Newegg's preorders, and they should be good to go for the launch.

UPDATE 5/22/14: Just one day after IGN and Polygon reported that Hyperkin would begin shipping units to retailers on May 22 (today as of this writing), Hyperkin essentially confirmed that. They have announced that the launch date for the long overdue RetroN 5 is June 6th, 2014. In a much quieter fashion (just by responding to a random person's comment) they confirmed this would be for North America only and that the console would launch in the UK in September. There is also one more small hitch. The rumor that the first batch of units would be only for mom/pop B&M retailers and that NO units from this batch would go to Amazon or Newegg has been gaining some serious steam. While Hyperkin has been responding to a decent amount of comments on their facebook page from excited fans, they continue to ignore questions about when Amazon orders will ship. So it seems those of us who preordered on Amazon still don't have a solid release date. Fulfillment could happen any time between June 6th through September or beyond.

UPDATE 5/21/14: IGN today reported that the RetroN 5 would begin shipping out on May 22 (tomorrow, as of this writing)! This coincides with Chris Gazzilli, Hyperkin's project manager, posting a picture on his facebook page of a massive shipping container full of RetroN 5 units. Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems hell may have just frozen over.

UPDATE 5/13/14: Hyperkin has listed the RetroN 5, and it's controllers, on their company wholesale store for authorized retailers to buy. The console (both colors) and controllers (both colors) are listed as sold out. I'm not sure if they were in stock and sold out quickly, or if they haven't been made available yet. Regardless, it's good news that the system is listed for the first time ever. Additionally, reviewers such as GameSpot and several youtube reviewers have received their review units, which appear to be retail units. The RetroN 5 seems to finally be around the corner. We'll see, but things look promising right now. One thing to note: the listing for the console on Hyperkin's wholesale page indicates that each wholesale box contains six units. If this is the case, it would seem to debunk the previous report of the console being shipped in quantities of four per retailer.

UPDATE 4/25/14: While this hasn't technically been confirmed by Hyperkin, I take it as fact. It's worth remembering that NOTHING has been officially confirmed by Hyperkin. Hyperkin has remained silent until unofficially confirming almost all known info in random interviews with various youtubers and forum members. Therefor, again, I take this as fact:

I spoke to Hyperkin today.

Here are the "unofficial" details.

The "end of May" release is a "soft" release. Meaning they really are waiting for the next batch due in the summer for the official real release. Amazon is NOT getting any of the units released at the end of May. Each retailer is only getting 4 units. Retail on the unit is $139.99 and $39.99 for the additional controller. The reasons for the price increase are both cosmetic and technical but if it works as it should then it should be a great retro system.

Our 4 are already taken with pre-orders. If you know any stores locally that are getting units, and you want one for end of May, then i suggest you contact them and put money down. Keep in mind that each store is getting 4 units only for the soft launch.
UPDATE 4/17/14: Hyperkin has increased the price of the RetroN 5, saying "north of $100, between $129.99 and $149.99". Alll pre-orders from Amazon should be honored via their pre-order price guarantee. I believe Newegg has the same guarantee, I am not sure about Stone Age Gamer or 8 Bit Classics. Think Geek still hasn't opened pre-orders on the unit, instead offering a link to be signed up for email notifications as to when it will be available. Also on the Amazon front, they have sold out or pre-orders. Furthermore, it is more likely you'll learn the ETA from Amazon, Newegg, or whoever you ordered it from. Hyperkin has gone on record of saying they will never again announce a hard release date for anything.

UPDATE 4/12/14: After Hyperkin denied the console was delayed again and vigoruosuly shoved the month of April up everyone's ass for half a year, today they delayed the vaporware console yet again. At the Midwest Gaming Classic, they did their annual presentation. They ignored the planned April 2014 release, but finally somebody in the crowd asked about it. The Hyperkin rep said it was releasing in "30 days, guaranteed". This is not the first time they used the word "guaranteed", last time was about April so this doesn't mean jack shit. So maybe it'll randomly show up at people's houses at the end of may, maybe it wont, and maybe my ass will fly out of my ass.

Retron 5 Delay History:
-Summer 2013 (which they continued to say after summer was over, claiming they meant "Indian Summer" or "California Summer"....i'm not making this up)
-December 10 2013
-Quarter 1 2014
-Quarter 2 2014
-First two weeks of April
-April 2014, guaranteed
-Gauranteed within 30-40 days of April 12, 2014
-June 6 2014

DELAYED. ANY UPDATES FROM HYPERKIN WILL COME ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/HyperkinGames

UPDATE: In a recent interview, Hyperkin confirmed that the initial batch of units WILL NOT BE ENOUGH to meet day ome demand. Also confirmed was the ability for the system to act as a multitap. Example: in a four player SNES game, two players could use snes controlles, one player could use the retron controller, and one player could use a genesis controller. Interview can be found here.

Pre-order at Amazon (SOLD OUT)
Pre-order at Newegg: Black (SOLD OUT) or Grey (SOLD OUT)
Pre-order at Stone Age Gamer (DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, RELEASE DAY DELIVERY NOT PROMISED)
Pre-order at 8 Bit Classics (DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, RELEASE DAY DELIVERY NOT PROMISED)

UPDATE: Hyperkin claims that they opened up some packaged retail units and discovered some units had faulty pins. because of this, the Retron 5 has been delayed. No new release date has been announced, although Hyperkin has stated the unit will release in 2014 and that they are aiming for Q1. This is the Retron 5's third delay.

EDIT: Preorders are sold out at Amazon and Newegg.

Retron5 pre-orders have finally (about damn time) opened.

For those of you who have been following this console, you know it's quite highly anticipated and looks to be far better than any clone system released before.

For those unfamiliar, here's a little info:

• It's one system that plays games for the following systems: NES, SNES, Genesis, Mega Drive, Famicom, Super Famicom, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance.
  • Two controller ports for each console will be built in with the system. It will also come with one wireless universal controller.
  • Outputs in HDMI and upscales for HDTVs. Early impressions and videos of this have been extremley postive. From the website: "The RetroN 5 will up convert the video signal to show clearer and cleaner images, with vibrant colors on an HDTV with a resolution output of up to 720p through the use of shaders. You will also be able to select the aspect ratio in our GUI, from the standard 4:3 to the HD ratio of 16:9."
  • Features a user interface (dashboard. Somewhat similar of the PS3 interface in appearance, in my opinion).
  • Features save states. From the website: "Most games did not allow for you to freely save your games. The RetroN 5 will allow you to save their games at any point during gameplay, and will feature an autosave feature upon shutdown. You will be able to load your saves at anytime during gameplay."
  • Button reassignment supported. From the website: "Users will be able to program the controller to assign buttons to their preference. In turn, the RetroN 5 will save these custom layouts, so that users will not have to constantly reconfigure the button configuration. This feature will also be available to people wanting to remap their buttons on their original controllers."
  • 100% game cartridge compatibility, without lag.
  • Sega Power Base Converter compatible, allowing Sega Master System games to be played.
More information is here. It may be a bit dated since this was from back when they first announced the console, but I figured it was the best site to link since it also featured some screenshots as well. http://hyperkin.com/blog/2013/03/retron-5-details-revealed-from-the-midwest-gaming-classic/ There is also plenty of info on Hyperkin's facebook page.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and i'm extremley excited that pre-orders are finally open. For one console that not only plays all of these console's games, but upscales them and features save states (either to the cartridge (if supported) or the console itself)...this seems like a great deal. And if you've been following the hype for the console, there is a good chance it could end up selling out. Hyperkin isn't a huge company and this thing has a TON of pre-release demand (just check out the comments on the facebook page). I like the look of the black one a bit better, because it seems to be the traditional console color nowadays. But I opted for the grey model because the black console and controller seem like they'd be fingerprint magnets.

Preorder either color here at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-RetroN-Gaming-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00DZIX3CQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1378958043&sr=8-13&keywords=retron+5 or here at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=retron%205&N=-1&isNodeId=1&RandomID=65244712392254220130925161655

Here are pictures of the two consoles, since the pictures on Amazon aren't that great:

Grey:
Retron-5.jpg

Black:
e3_retron5_03550.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY got mine in. Got the RetroTrio delivered with it :)

I'm working on other stuff at the moment though. So I won't be able to dive into them until tomorrow.

I dont know if this is something you might be interested in or not but I have tried out this new retro game rental service that is like Gamefly called RetroScribe, www.retroscribe.com. They have a one month free trial. You can try out some games and if you like them you can buy them from ebay, craigslist or a mom and pop store. Might be cheaper to try out some games, for a month anyway.

They will be add more games soon. They are out of Pittsburgh and it take me about 3 days to receive a new game, im in NC. Worth trying out anyway.
I think it would be worth doing if they had more games. I feel like I need to loan them my collection >.>

I think it would be worth doing if they had more games. I feel like I need to loan them my collection >.>
lol, well they just started up about 2 weeks ago I think. They told me the other day they are adding a ton more games very soon along with some of the more rare games. Plus some games trying to find 10 copies of more of each. I cant image how much or the footwork involved.

lol, well they just started up about 2 weeks ago I think. They told me the other day they are adding a ton more games very soon along with some of the more rare games. Plus some games trying to find 10 copies of more of each. I cant image how much or the footwork involved.
Okay, if they just started it's all good I just figured they have been around for a while. I'll keep an eye on the site but I do hope they do something similar to how Gamefly does renting and buying games.

Ok.. this system sucks. Went from my lukewarm opinion the other day to disliking it greatly today. Yesterday heres what worked;

Mario 2 NES.. worked great

Turtles in time SNES, worked great!

Aladdin Genesis.. worked great!

Fire Emblem GBA.. did NOT work great. As i posted earier it seemed to wipe my 2nd save slot off the cart for some reason. I dont think this system can handle its unique auto save sysem. I wouldn't recommend using it in your system.

So today i go to test the controller ports and try a few other games. I noticed deathfromaces post and tried turning off auto import first.

Breath of Fire SNES... unknown cart, wont load

Breath of FIre II SNES... unknown cart, wont load

Shining force II Genesis... loaded up but when i tried to import the saves i get an error that it cant read the sram or something like that and it will NOT import my saves at all.

SO basically every single game with a save system has screwed up in one way or another. Fire emblem i actually lost saves. I actually havent tried th console games in the original systems yet, i just realized i better make sure i din't lose saves there too.

WTF? BOF is a pretty popular game isnt it? Does anyone else have it that can test it out? Im shocked it wont read either one.

You need to update http://retron5.in/node/2

1. That is how the console turns on

2. Turn off auto import saves

3. No idea if clearing saves is gone or not but it has not happened to me with manually importing my saves but I have not tried to push them back to the cart yet.
So its normal to have to hold the button down for like 8 seconds to urn it on? weird.

I tried turning off auto import saves.. but how does it work then if i want to put them back on the cart? Do i need to copy them all back when im done using the console? Seems kinda screwy. Actually is there a guide out there on the proper way to use this thing? How/when to power it down/on, how to load and save games safely, ect. The manuals pretty worthless. I havent updated yet because it looks really confusing and im not sure what type of SD card to get, i dont have any right now. How big of one can it use?

blea. How do you guys use games with saves on them? RPG's and the like? This seems like a very dangerous system to use them with. This really sucks because the main reason i got this was to play a bunch of my GBA RPG's and stuff on a tv. With a 2ndary reason to do so with some of my older rpgs in better video quality. Kinda cant do that if it wont load saves, and keeps erasing them o_O

Ok.. this system sucks. Went from my lukewarm opinion the other day to disliking it greatly today. Yesterday heres what worked;

Mario 2 NES.. worked great

Turtles in time SNES, worked great!

Aladdin Genesis.. worked great!

Fire Emblem GBA.. did NOT work great. As i posted earier it seemed to wipe my 2nd save slot off the cart for some reason. I dont think this system can handle its unique auto save sysem. I wouldn't recommend using it in your system.

So today i go to test the controller ports and try a few other games. I noticed deathfromaces post and tried turning off auto import first.

Breath of Fire SNES... unknown cart, wont load

Breath of FIre II SNES... unknown cart, wont load

Shining force II Genesis... loaded up but when i tried to import the saves i get an error that it cant read the sram or something like that and it will NOT import my saves at all.

SO basically every single game with a save system has screwed up in one way or another. Fire emblem i actually lost saves. I actually havent tried th console games in the original systems yet, i just realized i better make sure i din't lose saves there too.

WTF? BOF is a pretty popular game isnt it? Does anyone else have it that can test it out? Im shocked it wont read either one.

So its normal to have to hold the button down for like 8 seconds to urn it on? weird.

I tried turning off auto import saves.. but how does it work then if i want to put them back on the cart? Do i need to copy them all back when im done using the console? Seems kinda screwy. Actually is there a guide out there on the proper way to use this thing? How/when to power it down/on, how to load and save games safely, ect. The manuals pretty worthless. I havent updated yet because it looks really confusing and im not sure what type of SD card to get, i dont have any right now. How big of one can it use?

blea. How do you guys use games with saves on them? RPG's and the like? This seems like a very dangerous system to use them with. This really sucks because the main reason i got this was to play a bunch of my GBA RPG's and stuff on a tv. With a 2ndary reason to do so with some of my older rpgs in better video quality. Kinda cant do that if it wont load saves, and keeps erasing them o_O
When you have a game in you go to settings or options (can't recall what it's named) and select push save to retron and when you want it back just do push save to cart...again I have not pushed saves back to the cart so I would try this with something you don't have a save on and just make one and try it out.

You can use any micro sd card (with adaptor) or standard SD card with the retron. I've heard 32G is the max and that is what I use but I have not tried a 64G card.

My guess would be your games would work when you update the console as they have added a lot of stuff in those patches and it allows really expanded what the console loads.

I can say I've pushed my Pokemon blue and Pokemon Pinball saves to the retron and it works fine. My current guess is you can't load saves off of the cart and the save has to be on the Retron because neither game saw my cart saves and only saw a save when I pushed it to the console. Though I did not check all the settings to see if you can pick where it looks for saves.

Updating the system will fix the save issues and regarding a SD card I used a 1GB SD card that came with my old Wii but if you have a 3DS you can temporarily use the one that came inside the system to download the updates on to but make sure you back everything up on to your PC for the 3DS before doing so. You should not really need to get anything above 1GB unless you plan on using the screenshot feature a lot since the update request file, firmware update, application update, and cheat databases will only fill up about 100MB (think it might be even less than that.)

I read on a few Retron forums that Hyperkin is testing an update that reduces the time to 1 second. Basically push the button and the system turns on. I also agree on the doing the updates as it increases compatibility. Good thing that we can update the system. I would've preferred that Hyperkin release the system when most of the bugs were ironed out and extensive QC taken place but I'm enjoying what I have been able to play. The controller has been growing on me too.

Yes you needed to update the system to fix the gba save problems. Though from what I hear the gba save bug reared its ugly head again in the 1.4 update and the hyperkin techs are working on trying to fix it again.  Just like digital devil said there also currently testing out a update that makes it where you just basicly push the power button for like 2 secs instead having to hold it in.

Thanks for the heads up about the Fire Emblem repros and the GBA save issues. I've been playing Sacred Stones on my 3DS off and on but it would've sucked if I had lost my saves on the first game. 

Mine arrived from Booksamilion last night. Everything is in working order the only problem I have with them is that they shipped it USPS so the tracking number information is spotty at best. In fact, it never even gave me an approximation. It kept telling me that tracking information was received, but no expected date just yet. 

I downloaded the cheat file and tested some games on it. I'm moving next month so most of my games are packed up right now, but I did manage to go through these:

Genesis --- TMNT Hyperstone Heist ----> works great. I'm still fooling around with the video settings, but gameplay was pretty good.

SNES    --- Super Castlevania IV    ---->  worked pretty good. There was a little glitch on the second level, but a quick restart after going back to the home menu resolved this. 

I don't have anything else unpacked right now, but I do have a couple games on the way from Ebay so I'll update as they come in. 

I just picked one up at the FYE in the Berkshire Mall in Reading, PA yesterday. Only one on the floor but could have more in the back. I never had a snes. If there is one game I should get for the snes, what would you say it should be.
Howdy Neighbor! :wave:

I was going to try the Microplay Store on 5th Street Highway to see if they had any. Ultimately, I think Im going to hold off until the inevitable price drop and/or a solid "final" fimware update.

Howdy Neighbor! :wave:

I was going to try the Microplay Store on 5th Street Highway to see if they had any. Ultimately, I think Im going to hold off until the inevitable price drop and/or a solid "final" fimware update.
I was there but I didn't see any. Definitely going to get some snes games there though.

Got my repaired/replaced R5 unit back from hyperkin today. I can't tell if it's a repair or a replace because I asked them to swap my grey console for black and they actually did!. The box was not sealed w round tape on each hinge nor were all the components bagged up so I surmise they at least opened it to test it or sent me a refurbished console.

No damage or scratching or fingerprints are present so it's hard to tell.

I tested each slot and each controller port and all is well.

So now I have 2 working black units. Good deal.

I'm loving mine so far, the only real complaint that I have with it is that the Genesis and Famicom slots are wayyy too tight on their grips on the cartridges. I feel like I'm break a game or strip the slot one of these days.
Any other CAG RetroN 5 owner's experiencing this? This concerns me greatly. The reviews on Amazon.com have also mentioned this same issue. It is tough to reconcile spending a considerable sum of money for Genesis/Famicom games only to have them stripped by the RetroN 5. That is real close to being a deal breaker.

[quote name="DealHunter" post="11912958" timestamp="1405088473"]Any other CAG RetroN 5 owner's experiencing this? This concerns me greatly. The reviews on Amazon.com have also mentioned this same issue. It is tough to reconcile spending a considerable sum of money for Genesis/Famicom games only to have them stripped by the RetroN 5. That is real close to being a deal breaker. [/quote]
All of them start that way and loosen up after use. People have said that WD-40 on a q-tip and applied on the cartridge slots will fix the problem first thing but Hyperkin advises not to do it and I personally would not either.

As I said earlier, they are all tight at first. Just don't pull your games out like the Incredible Hulk. Pull on one side to loosen it then on the other to remove it. Two hand removals are probably not the best idea.

Any other CAG RetroN 5 owner's experiencing this? This concerns me greatly. The reviews on Amazon.com have also mentioned this same issue. It is tough to reconcile spending a considerable sum of money for Genesis/Famicom games only to have them stripped by the RetroN 5. That is real close to being a deal breaker.
I remember a time when having a death-grip connector was a good thing. They do loosen up over time like other orifices when continually worked over.

FINALLY got mine in. Got the RetroTrio delivered with it :)

I'm working on other stuff at the moment though. So I won't be able to dive into them until tomorrow.
I would greatly appreciate a comparison of the RetroN 5 and Retro Bit Super RetroTRIO. Thanks.

I wouldn't say that it's complete garbage just because of one negative experience. All in all I rather like my RetroN 5, and the so called "death grip" is vastly over exaggerated.

Be all over that if it played GBA, GBC and GB games and had HDMI output. If another company can match that for $100 or less and good quality then I'm all in.
Yeah I just got my hands on one and I really like it. It's pretty good quality and for only half the price of the Retron 5, I can't complain. I just use my gb player on the GameCube to play GameBoy games and I don't really mind it not having HDMI since its for playing old games anyways. All the games play fine.

Keep in mind though that is is a thread concerning the Retron 5. Everybody will always have a preference about what they like more, and that's fine. Just it's irrelevant to this thread. Glad to see that this thing at least has some competition. :)

Keep in mind though that is is a thread concerning the Retron 5. Everybody will always have a preference about what they like more, and that's fine. Just it's irrelevant to this thread. Glad to see that this thing at least has some competition. :)
While on the subject, why is this thread even in the deals forum when they are always full price? Seems like all that occurs here is talk about the system itself and retro gaming in general

While on the subject, why is this thread even in the deals forum when they are always full price? Seems like all that occurs here is talk about the system itself and retro gaming in general
When demand exceeds supply MSRP is considered a "deal" compared to getting gouged in other markets. Somewhere having it in stock is the same as them having the "deal", basically.

That is actually a very valid point. I noticed that too when I scrolled up earlier and was like "wut". I'm sure it probably needs to be moved.

You can use AFTN644 to get $10 off, for anyone interested.

It's temping, it really is. But I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I've looked forward to this for such a long time but all the hardware issues and Hyperkin's questionable CS (ie, giving people only a half year warranty if they need to replace their console) are keeping me away.

I bought the Retron 5 and I was pretty excited for it. Got it for like $80 on Amazon when they had the lower price.

Then once I realized that I only had like 5 carts left in my collection and 2 of them are sealed classics that I'll never open, combined with the disappointed reviews, I decided to sell it on ebay. Maybe I'll buy another one down the road if I decide I really want one.

Is this planned to be regularly available down the road?

Why wouldn't it? It's up to Hyperkin to turn as much profit as possible, they will keep pumping these out till they rot on store shelves. I'd only imagine the next system killing off the demand/making the older systems non-existent. Hoping for N64 slots next. It was awhile before the PS4 was readily in stock everywhere, I'd imagine the same for the Retron.

You can use AFTN644 to get $10 off, for anyone interested.

It's temping, it really is. But I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I've looked forward to this for such a long time but all the hardware issues and Hyperkin's questionable CS (ie, giving people only a half year warranty if they need to replace their console) are keeping me away.
AFTW324 will give you $20 off through the 19th. With shipping and tax though, it still comes out to ~$130.

I bought the Retron 5 and I was pretty excited for it. Got it for like $80 on Amazon when they had the lower price.

Then once I realized that I only had like 5 carts left in my collection and 2 of them are sealed classics that I'll never open, combined with the disappointed reviews, I decided to sell it on ebay. Maybe I'll buy another one down the road if I decide I really want one.

If the company makes enough money to justify it then yeah it will be.

A valid concern. For anyone who wants to discuss the RetroN5 in a non-deal capacity, there is already a thread in the Retro board here.

quick question, im not familiar with SD cards at all.. this thing can use SDHC cards as well right? what about micro SD cards?

wondering if this kingston would work

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA12K1T68632

or maybe this micro one here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220877&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL071514&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071514-_-EMC-071514-Index-_-FlashMemory-_-20220877-L027A

anyone know before i snag one? Ive been holding off on updating or using this since it wiped my saves off some carts

quick question, im not familiar with SD cards at all.. this thing can use SDHC cards as well right? what about micro SD cards?

wondering if this kingston would work

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA12K1T68632

or maybe this micro one here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220877&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL071514&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071514-_-EMC-071514-Index-_-FlashMemory-_-20220877-L027A

anyone know before i snag one? Ive been holding off on updating or using this since it wiped my saves off some carts
that patriot micro will work perfectly fine. I have a micro w/ adapter and it works fine.

thanks. The kingston one would work too i guess? Wasn't sure if it took both micro and regular ones. I guess it does both?
Yea, sorry I didn't look at the Kingston one. That'll work perfectly fine as well. Up to 32gb will work on the system. Really, a 2gb card will be more than enough for the system updates, save files, and cheats. If you do a ton of screenshots then a bigger one is necessary. Hope this helps.

Walked into my local independent game store this afternoon to browse around for a bit and they actually had the black one on display... My goodness does that thing look beautiful! O_O. He'll, even the actual box the thing comes in... Very nice!

So sleek looking! The guy there said all 20 of the systems ordered for their store were picked up by those who pre-ordered and that more people have been asking when more will become available. I did the same and he told me to check back in a couple weeks.

I can't believe I had no idea about that deal back when Amazon had these things for what... $76??? And missed out on it!!! This same local retailer had the display box marked for $159.99. Ugh!!!

I'm a little off-topic, but I was wondering if any Retron 5 owners could help me out.

Is there a way to change the "speed up" button from a hold to a toggle?

Basically I want to make it so if I press the button the game will speed up. Press it again, it's normal. Rather than having to hold it.

Is it possible?

Sad to say that I have to return mine for a refund to Amazon. I paid 79$ for it but the NES controller port 1 did not work and Hyperkin replied to my email telling me to send them a picture of my recipet and I did that but 10 days have passed and they never replied even ith me replying again looking for a reply. So I'm getting my money back but if I want another I'll have to pay full price just because Hyperkin is slow as hell. Odds are I won't buy another and just keep it up with my original consoles for now.

Edit: Maybe they didn't reply because I got mine for the original price so they are just avoiding me?

bread's done
Back