Returning a game to Wal-Mart?

S-Wind

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I want to return a game I bought from them. But it's been opened. I still have the receipt and it hasn't been 30 days yet.

Their policy is that videogames have to be returned unopened. Is there any way I can get around that? Like getting store credit instead of a refund?

If its opened they will only let you exchange it for the same game if its defective. They will also open your new copy for you so you can not return it for something else.

Trade it in and cut your losses. Its not walmarts fault you made an uninformed decision and bought a game you do not like.

You assume to much.

Free rental my arse. The only bit of playing with this game got was when I put it on and turned the machine on to make sure it worked.

My returning the game has nothing to do with whether or not I like it. I am returning it because the case liner wasn't inserted correctly, it stuck out a bit on the bottom, and as a result got torn at both bottom creases.

I am a collector. The condition of my games and all their components is very important to me.

I wasn't able to see the problem BEFORE I opened it because the bilingual cover slip hid the tears.

If you return an opened game, they'll just give you the same game. I've no idea what they would do if they don't have anymore of said game?:whistle2:k

I think if they dont have it they will give you your money. Im returning GHII soon and I doubt they will have it in stock.

[quote name='S-Wind']You assume to much.

Free rental my arse. It only play this game got was when I put it on and turned the machine on to make sure it worked.

My returning the game has nothing to do with whether or not I like it. I am returning it because the case liner wasn't inserted correctly, it stuck out a bit on the bottom, and as a result got torn at both bottom creases.

I am a collector. The condition of my games and all their components is very important to me.

I wasn't able to see the problem BEFORE I opened it because the bilingual cover slip hid the tears.[/QUOTE]

So why did you start this thread? For a refresh of what you typed, I'll post it right here

I want to return a game I bought from them. But it's been opened. I still have the receipt and it hasn't been 30 days yet.

Their policy is that videogames have to be returned unopened. Is there any way I can get around that? Like getting store credit instead of a refund?

So if thats the only issue, why would you want store credit or a refund? Wouldn't you want the SAME GAME back?

I returned a copy of Sonic MC PS2 back to them to get Sonic MC GC once (because I didn't ahve a PS2, which is a lie) and since they didn't have any copies of the latter, they gave me instore credit.

And you're so picky about boxes. If you got the time and effort, search around for a Walmart that doesn't have any copies of the game you have available, and return it there. You can return anything you bought at a Walmart at any other as long as you have a receipt.

[quote name='gizmogc']So why did you start this thread? For a refresh of what you typed, I'll post it right here

So if thats the only issue, why would you want store credit or a refund? Wouldn't you want the SAME GAME back?[/quote]

I bought the same game somewhere else afterwards. That one turned out to be fine.

In hindsight, that was a bad move. I should have just said the game was defective and had Wal-Mart exchange it for me.

I guess my only hope now is to hope I can find a store that sells out of that game within 30 days.

I was planning on returning the open game saying it's defective and having them give me a new one, and then returning that one. But, as someone said, they will open that new one to make sure I don't return it.

Curses.

A lot of times stores will write on the receipt too "exchanged" with the date. So, when they open it, you can't really try again.

Why would you buy another one instead of just waiting to exchange the defective one?

That doesn't make any sense. If that's true, you really have only yourself to be upset with.

bread's done
Back