Returning PS3 Grand Theft Auto IV to GameStop

cronnos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm having problems with GTA4, it keeps freezing, even during cut scenes. I bought it at GameStop, so what are the chances they'll let me exchange it for a 360 version? The receipt clearly states opened items can be returned "for the identical item" within 7 days... Would they make me exchange it for a PS3 version even though I will keep having the same problems?

They'll probably end up giving you a PS3 copy....... just take it, then go to another Gamestop and exchange that one since it's sealed

You'd certainly get the PS3 Exchange...I would take a PS3 even exchange and mention the problem to them when you go in. If you have to go back a second time, throw a holy fit and you'll probably win.

Well, I hate to try to e a smart ass, but what if I accept the identical item exchange, then I tell them I want to exchange my brand new and sealed copy for store credit or a 360 version?
Although reading that the 360 might have the same problems worries me...

I would just goozex it if I were you and wait for a re-release.

I KID! Rest assured its a known problem and if it isn't fixed through a patch, it will be taken care of quickly otherwise. Weren't there reports of similar issues for all versions of the game anyway?

[quote name='bostonfrontier']They'll probably end up giving you a PS3 copy....... just take it, then go to another Gamestop and exchange that one since it's sealed[/QUOTE]

I was in a GS last week and some guy was exchanging The Orange Box for PS3 and the employee pulled out a sealed copy and opened it right on the spot. The customer didn't seem happy.

My roomate had the issue on his 360... It started working (coincidentally) when he unplugged his guitar hero guitar from the system. So maybe if you have anything plugged into the sytem it may cause issues?!

Or you could call Gamestop and not even worry about this discussion...

I have a feeling they'd work with you on that.

Yeah, it seems that only the manager will unwrap the shrink wrap...I have done exchanges with a manager not present and he just gave me the sealed game....When the manager is present he unwraps the game and then he marked the inside of the game case with a permanent marker. o_o

[quote name='Persona7']Yeah, it seems that only the manager will unwrap the shrink wrap...I have done exchanges with a manager not present and he just gave me the sealed game....When the manager is present he unwraps the game and then he marked the inside of the game case with a permanent marker. o_o[/quote]

That's ridiculous! If it keeps failing let him use up his marker until it dries out :)
My GTAIV (360) works just fine.

It is pretty much SOP in most stores to unwrap new games when exchanging for an already opened game. After all, if they didn't, you could easily pull what has been suggested in this thread.

[quote name='reibeatall']Chances are the store won't even have any copies to give you...[/QUOTE]

BS.. everywhere had stacks and stacks of this game.. possibly more then Halo 3 (and it was never "sold out")..

[quote name='urzishra14']BS.. everywhere had stacks and stacks of this game.. possibly more then Halo 3 (and it was never "sold out")..[/quote]

This is true in big box retailers, but not for GameStop stores. They get enough for pre-orders and then a certain number more based on the pre-orders. I know my local GameStop is out of both versions.

My PS3 version froze once on me, when I accessed the internet in the cafe, other then that it's been fine...

I figured I'd play this now, then if I decided later, I'd buy the 360 version when it came down in price for Acheivments, etc.

I bought the game yesterday for 360 at Gamestop and mine freezes during the intro. Son of a bitch what a tease! So I took it back today and got a new copy and it still freezes. The only thing I can find in the forums is that (allegedly) the system loads so much data from the disc at a time that it is over loading the RAM. I tried lowering the resolution on my tv and clearing the cache and unplugging the ethernet cord and just about anything I can find and all I get is heartache. I called Rockstar, but it appears they don't know how to fix it yet so we are both shit out of luck for now. I'm wondering if the problem affects specific versions of the console? I bought mine in January 2008. I hope I can play it soon because I can only be a whackin' it in the camper for so long.

They've recently released a patch for the Ps3 version which helps out the lag during multi-player, and I'm pretty sure it stops the freezing as well.

I've been playing it recently, and I noticed a small frame rate freeze when I was on a motorcycle, other than that I had nothing serious.

bread's done
Back