Returning to soccer games, which one should I go with?

qwikstreet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I believe the last soccer game I owned was for the Sega Genesis. I think it is time for me to pop one in the old 360. My question to the fellow futbol fans out there is which one should I go with? There are so many out there and every year is a new version that revolutionizes the game or just a new slightly polished version. I've been playing the Fifa 12 demo and have been loving it. However $60 is a little bit too swallow. I don't game as much as I used to and barely play online.

The whole creation feature and the preorder cards to build a team sound like fun but I don't know if I would fully enjoy it.

Would Fifa 11 be better?

What are your thoughts? Recommendations?

I highly recommend the FIFA series. I've put hundreds of hours into FIFA 11, and it is highly recommended, but it is a much different game than FIFA 12. Defending in 12 is much different — and far superior, tactically, in my opinion — than it was in FIFA 11, so much so, that if you bought 11, you might find it to be a step backward. (Literally, defending in 11, was just: hold B and get a homing missile defender out of nowhere to reclaim the ball.) Defending in 12, along with the new collision engine, really makes the game that much more realistic.

If you don't care about that stuff, I'd say get FIFA 11; as soon as 12 comes, out, you'll be able to get it for super cheap. Otherwise, you should probably just suck it up and get 12. You can, of course, wait for the inevitable price drop.

I'd recommend getting FIFA 12 but holding off a few weeks, maybe even black friday if you can wait that long.. Given the trend of a lot of new release games dropping so quickly, if you're willing to wait I think you'll find a good deal soon. I would recommend getting 12 instead of 11, all the reviews have been really good so far, but honestly you can't go wrong either way.

I haven't played any of the newer soccer games, but I have a suggestion for a slightly older game that was on the original xbox (and I think is down-loadable for the 360). Sega Soccer Slam. It's very arcadey with the power-ups and the over the top characters but I found it a lot of fun and I normally don't care for the sport.

i would get FIFA 12... the interestign thing about FIFA compared to other sports games is they change dramatically year to year. fifa 11 is great, but fifa 11 defending is a whole different ball game.

I picked up PES 2011 on Target clearance a long time ago and was fairly disappointed. In comparison to older games in the series, it just didn't do it for me. I've heard great things about FIFA's latest installments, along with what everyone's saying above.

My only beef with FIFA 11 is that the manager mode sucks. I can't speak for anyone else, but that's my most played offline game mode. They completely revamped it last year, and it was too basic IMO. Players don't really improve, and older players don't regress. It isn't uncommon at all for players in their mid- to late 30s to still be what they were skill wise back when they were in their late 20s or early 30s. The scouting system is also thrown out, so you'll never get new players to replace old ones.

That said, if you're gonna pick up a soccer game, make sure its FIFA. FIFA has been dominating PES for years now.

bread's done
Back