Returning used game question about GameStop

jbar89

CAGiversary!
I had purchased Mafia 2 on Black Friday during the b2g1f used game sale at game stop. I beat Mafia2 in 3 days and returned it and exchanged it for Dragon Age 2 because I saw it was a meaty game in terms of campaign length, but after reading many reviews, I saw that the game was disappointing. Would I be able to return DA2 in the 7 day period also, even if I just got it by returning a previous game? I looked at the receipt and it didn't say anything saying it wasnt allowed, but I was wondering if I could return it in the 7 day period if I beat it quick / don't like it.

Thanks

Yep, anytime it's a new transaction (or new receipt with current date) it'll be re-extended for another 7 days (including the day of purchase).  In theory you can even just return, and then rebuy the same games for another 7 days, although that tactic might get you banned eventually since they frown upon people "renting" games from them.

Ok thanks a bunch. After actually playing DA2 for a little it isn't too bad so I will likely keep it since its doubtful I can find another game for 6.99 that has a long campaign (I don't play online at all). And that's great to know that it extends for another 7 days, I assumed I only had til Friday!

The return policy is in extended holiday mode. Any item purchased between October 1st and December 24th, 2013 can be returned until January 15th, 2014. Read your receipt to confirm.

^

what spokker said. I triple checked with the guy last week about a return on a used game and he said til January 15th. If you have a gift receipt you can only get store credit, but a regular old original one will get you the cash back.

apparently you can return it to any gamestop as well, just in case you might be embarrassed about going back twice in a week.

We used the extended return period for Remember Me. Found it somewhere cheaper two weeks after we bought it. Lost a rewards coupon on it but the price difference was that high. I never played it but my girlfriend beat it before we returned it to GameStop.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back