Review copies and event invites (E3, etc)

RandyRoper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
121 (100%)
Generally, how popular does a video game review website have to be before you can start requesting review copies of games from developers, and also get invites to press events like E3?

Is there some sort of minimum amount of monthly traffic you're site if supposed to have, or is there no set standard?

I'm asking just out of curiosity.

[quote name='RandyRoper']Generally, how popular does a video game review website have to be before you can start requesting review copies of games from developers, and also get invites to press events like E3?

Is there some sort of minimum amount of monthly traffic you're site if supposed to have, or is there no set standard?

I'm asking just out of curiosity.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering the same thing. I am slowly working on creating my own video game based news site and to be in the loop like that would be pretty amazing.

--LM

Generally I think you contact the event holder/publisher and let them know you're interested in attending/reviewing the game for your website. I think it's mostly a case by case kind of thing but I imagine it's not hard to get review copies for games if your site looks well managed.

bread's done
Back