(revisited) - What is the second-best buyable game currently on the Wii?

joshofstl

CAGiversary!
I realize that this topic was explored at launch, but I'd like to give it a second go a) now that some time has passed, b) a few more titles are out, c) to get a more quantitative look than before, and d) to aid new Wii owners as they figure out how to spend their cheap dollars. :)

Madden for me, haven't played Elebits yet. Madden passed Trauma Center on this such list after I played some multiplayer.

Other. Get something on the virtual console (Gunstar Heroes is a good choice).

None of the launch games aside from Zelda is worth $50 IMO. Enjoy it and the VC and wait for some price drops on the other launch titles, and or some better games to come out.

Haven't played Elebits or Super Swing Golf yet, but I enjoyed Excite Truck a LOT. It's not real deep (what arcade racer is?) and is just well put together. The frame rated dropped maybe once or twice in my 12+ hours with it. It's challenging and fun to fall 600 feet after a turbo boost. ;)

It may not be worth $50, but it's worth $30-40 easily. Pick this one up.

ok lets run down the list you posted

the games i own

call of duty is a great game but you can run through normal in about 13-15 hrs

monkey ball would be another good choice as it is somthing you can't beat in one day. you could but you need to crown all levels so that gives it more replay.

the others i have not played so there is the summary on 2 games I own

you can buy most if not all wii games on buy.com for 30 dollars, btw, so it'd be a good time to buy a secondary game.

i'm still looking on what i can add to my zelda which currently sits alone and miserable next to my wii

Gonna toss in a vote for Super Swing Golf. Elebits and Trauma Center are both good (I'd say Elebits over Trauma Center, but I haven't played Elebits long enough to really judge it) but SSG was the reason I bought the Wii.

[quote name='forgrim']you can buy most if not all wii games on buy.com for 30 dollars, btw, so it'd be a good time to buy a secondary game.[/quote]

no you can't. they're 49.99 with shipping

[quote name='superspiffy']no you can't. they're 49.99 with shipping[/QUOTE]

Add a cheap filler item, something a buck or so, and you get $20 off using google checkout.

[quote name='forgrim']you can buy most if not all wii games on buy.com for 30 dollars, btw, so it'd be a good time to buy a secondary game.[/quote]

no you can't. they're 49.99 with shipping

Trauma Center? Seriously guys? After one play through is anyone going to really want to go back? Madden or Excite Truck is where its at.

bread's done
Back