Reward Zone: Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway Limited Edition 8/16

maxim2boobles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Save $20 with coupon on Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway Limited Edition (xbox 360)

Original price is $50 > Some stores $30

In store only

Premium and unique box
Authentic SGT. Matt Baker Action Figure: 6 fully articulated collectible action figure with 13 accessories
Brothers in Arms Comic Book: The entire first issue
Poster Map of Operation Market Garden

Coupon for Reward Zone members only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']
I opened my original one, but an individual one may sell on ebay for a little penny, if not the cost of buying this with coupon[/QUOTE]

Never opened mine, so decided to Ebay it. Bought it for 12.50, sold it on ebay and got about 45.00....yeah they can make a little profit...
Will use the coupon and see if I can find another one for myself for real this time...maybe....

[quote name='monkeystud']Never opened mine, so decided to Ebay it. Bought it for 12.50, sold it on ebay and got about 45.00....yeah they can make a little profit...
Will use the coupon and see if I can find another one for myself for real this time...maybe....[/QUOTE]

Heh, I'd be careful with this. Since the deal is active for a bit longer, wouldn't surprise me to see the eBay/used market flooded with these bad boys.

I got my usual 2 - already opened and tried one (good! will have at it once I've finished Star Wars: Force Unleashed) and the other is making the rounds of the 'who wants this thing I got for cheap' buddy mailing list. No takers yet, so it may yet reach eBay...

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Reward Zone: Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway Limited Edition 8/16 [/QUOTE]

How about " - ends 8/16" or "through 8/16"?

Saw the LE in a store a couple days ago and thought, hope they still have it when the coupon starts.... :roll:

[quote name='joker______']does it scan $29.99 at the register? cause the site says its $49.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at the location I went to (Galleria, Houston TX) they had 10 copies spread out in an area with all the other CE games (still marked all over $50) BiA was marked $49.99 in 3 different places with shelf tags and my heart sunk (partly b/c I dragged my buddy with me, convinced him to get one too) Quickly ran to the register to get it scanned, and I think my eyes got pretty wide when the clerk said it was $29.99. Got to use the coupon, $10.81 w/ tax, so we both got our copy!

[quote name='joker______']does it scan $29.99 at the register? cause the site says its $49.99[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the price of the game before coupon, it's YMMV, depending on what store you go to. It's still 49.99 online.

[quote name='token2k6']Yeah, at the location I went to (Galleria, Houston TX) they had 10 copies spread out in an area with all the other CE games (still marked all over $50) BiA was marked $49.99 in 3 different places with shelf tags and my heart sunk (partly b/c I dragged my buddy with me, convinced him to get one too) Quickly ran to the register to get it scanned, and I think my eyes got pretty wide when the clerk said it was $29.99. Got to use the coupon, $10.81 w/ tax, so we both got our copy![/QUOTE]

cool thanks token much appreciated sir, may go do that at the galleria then

[quote name='Mike Toole']I just bagged two :360: versions for $10 each. Cambridge MA Best Buy has two more if any local CAGses want 'em.

[/QUOTE]

Ebay? The store would had 3 if you didn't buy two copies.

[quote name='supaet']there is no way that I can get it for $40-50%-$20 = free

[/QUOTE]

You seriously thought you were going to get the game for free? :lol:

[quote name='oasisboy']Ebay? The store would had 3 if you didn't buy two copies.[/QUOTE]

And the store would have had 4 if I didn't buy one copy! Excellent mathematical skills, good sir.

Actually, I went back and got another one for a CAG who couldn't get the deal going at his local stores, so there's only one left now. Anyone want it for about $20 shipped? Shipping would be high cause it's just over a pound, so parcel post = $7.33 to US addreses. :(

As for getting the game free-- hey, it's happened! A bunch of us got the You're In the Movies bundle (crummy game, but comes with Live webcam) for free after coupon, because it was on sale for $10 at some stores when the coupon hit. I was kinda hoping that would be the case for this one, but $10 is a good price for a special edition of a pretty good game, no matter how you slice it.

Got the manager to use the coupon on the PS3 version that was marked down 25%. $7.50 out of pocket after $10 Gamer RZ cert.

To the guy planning to throw away the figurine...put it on your tradelist at least. Somebody probably wants it.

Brother's In Arms is labeled at my store as $29.99 now if the coupon takes it off that price, I'll sure as hell pick it up for $10.

Picked one up for $11.xx after tax in NY..It was on clearance for $30 something.

There were two left, I grabbed one and went to browse the next aisle. A BB employee then came over and I saw him moving some stuff around where I had picked the game up. After he left I walked back by and the other copy was gone.

He had been talking to a customer in that area when I got there so I just wandered around and waited for them to move. Those two copies have been there for weeks at that price so I found it kind of odd.

-veggielasagna

This was a No-Go at the best buy i went to just now after work in miami. They had them marked at 50% off from $49 but they woudlent take the coupon. 2 Managers/ Supervisors later they woudlent budge. Actually - the last manager paraphrased it like "Theres no way we are selling this game for $10" and let me walk...

So yesterday, I checked and saw that the game was priced $29.99. I go today, coupon in hand, to get it for $9.99 to find the game in the 50% manager's special bin with a $49.99 sticker. After about 5 minutes explaining to the clerk that the game is shelf marked at $29.99, she rang it up for that and took the coupon off. So minor annoyance avoided and I got the game for the intended $9.99.

Picked up my copy at the Homewood, IL store on Friday. It's marked at $49.xx, but scanned at $29.xx. Took the coupon no problem, so was only $11 or so after tax. They had one left there if anyone in the area is looking. Thanks OP.

[quote name='dramasetter929']:D 11 bucks at bestbuy in nyc 86th street.....last one there[/QUOTE]

ps3 or 360? What did it ring up as?

[quote name='Mike Toole']

1. And the store would have had 4 if I didn't buy one copy! Excellent mathematical skills, good sir.

2. Actually, I went back and got another one for a CAG who couldn't get the deal going at his local stores, so there's only one left now.

3. As for getting the game free-- hey, it's happened! A bunch of us got the You're In the Movies bundle (crummy game, but comes with Live webcam) for free after coupon, because it was on sale for $10 at some stores when the coupon hit. I was kinda hoping that would be the case for this one, but $10 is a good price for a special edition of a pretty good game, no matter how you slice it.[/QUOTE]

1. My math skills come from my MBA. Thanks ;)

2. So what happened to the 2nd copy that you bought during your first purchase?

3. Those who got the game for free probably had some good luck. The manager at my local best buy would probably called me an idiot. She is a bitch!

They had this at my store today for 35.99, no coupon. However, I can't justify getting ANOTHER fps what with all the ones lined up for this fall/holliday.

[quote name='dramasetter929']rang up $29.99 before the coupon, minus the 20 bucks from the coupon...check 66 street i heard they have about 3 left.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I asked because the 360 version at 23rd rang up at $39 and had to be manually adjusted down to $29 and of course thats when they denied me the coupon.

Will check it out!

[quote name='awp']My Best Buy is officially the worst in the U.S. They NEVER have any of these deals...clearances or otherwise. Still $49.99 at mine. And an example of a "clearance" price for them -- $63.99 for Call of Duty World at War Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

You must be shopping at one of the three BB in Montgomery County, MD. No deals, ever. Still, this one sounds too good to pass on. I might try and swing this deal, even though my guess is shenanigans when I get to the store. Glad to hear others are making out well.

Like I posted last week, I got a copy for $5. Well when I was browsing my backlog of unopened games today and found a copy of the regular edition that I purchased from Target on clearance for $15. My buying cheap games habit has officially crossed over to me just being retarded. I'm buying games that I already bought but can't remember I bought because I buy so many.

After looking for this all week, I finally found 2 copies priced at $29.99 at the Houston St. Broadway store in Manhattan for the XB360. Picked 1 copy up without any problems using the coupon.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get this working for the PS3 version besides that one person who managed to get a manager to do an override?

The standard edition of this game is $4.97 @ Sears for :360: if you can find a copy. My closest Sears had one in stock just yesterday for that price, but I don't have a 360 to play it on. I might consider trading someone if they had the PS3 version and wanted the 360 one though.

I wonder if I could get a gift receipt, then go back in about an hour later and return the 360 version for a PS3 copy, if I do this deal. I'd probably sell/trade the extras from it.

[quote name='heironymous']tried at 3 best buys in md. shot down 3 times trying to use the coupon. and i actually want the action figure. :([/QUOTE]

Did you try the Tenleytown BB in DC? I was there yesterday for something else and there were at least a half a dozen copies in a clearance rack in the front. I'm now guessing that the manager at that particular BB is not accepting the coupon, given the number of CAGs I know to be in the area. I may try tonight anyway.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. My math skills come from my MBA. Thanks ;)[/quote]

You have an MBA?! Wow, that's very impressive. What's it like working at Sizzler? :D

2. So what happened to the 2nd copy that you bought during your first purchase?

Well, I knew you wanted one, so I bought it just so you couldn't have it. It's sitting on my shelf, with a note that says "everyone is allowed to play this except oasisboy."

....seriously, one of my local buddies claimed it.

3. Those who got the game for free probably had some good luck. The manager at my local best buy would probably called me an idiot. She is a bitch!

I can't believe so many people are getting shot down over using the coupon to knock the price down to $10. The coupon's language does exclude sale prices, but at every store I've been to the game's on clearance. It's discounted, but that's a permanent markdown, NOT a sale price. I've gotten three at the Cambridge BBY without the cashier blinking. I've visited other local stores that also have lots of copies, and I feel like I could get more for $10 each if I wanted them, but I've already covered myself and my lazy friends.

My advice, if you're getting stonewalled by the manager, is to draw your phone out on the spot and call corporate to explain the situation and ask for help. I don't resort to this often, but IMO if the store sends out a coupon for a game that happens to be discounted at most locations already, they need to honor it.

Coupon sale ends this weekend, I hope everyone gets one :D

I used the coupon yesterday with no problem...came to $10.80 total...there were still 10 left at the Best Buy on rainbow & lake mead in Las Vegas.

[quote name='djsmf435']I used the coupon yesterday with no problem...came to $10.80 total...there were still 10 left at the Best Buy on rainbow & lake mead in Las Vegas.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dj, went after work today to this location with coupon in hand and picked up a copy. There were still 9 left after I got mine yesterday. Had no problems at checkout, scan game, rz card, scan coupon and pay. Was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Bought regular edition before when it was on sale for $19.99 at GS but returned it. Glad I waited...less than $11 now and got the LE instead.

[quote name='180husher']Like I posted last week, I got a copy for $5. Well when I was browsing my backlog of unopened games today and found a copy of the regular edition that I purchased from Target on clearance for $15. My buying cheap games habit has officially crossed over to me just being retarded. I'm buying games that I already bought but can't remember I bought because I buy so many.[/QUOTE]

i did that a lot. now i just carry a little note pad and check games i have before i buy

went to my store and they were clearanced down to $24.99 (this will by YMMV depending on your location and stock of game).....so yeah got the game for $5

If anyone really wants the game and cant find it or gets shot down at the store you can pick it up on newegg for $17.99 shipped for the PS3 Limited edition

[quote name='MidnightMetal']went to my store and they were clearanced down to $24.99 (this will by YMMV depending on your location and stock of game).....so yeah got the game for $5[/QUOTE]

Did they have to override it or did they just ring it up like that? If the former, did you have to fight for it? I think its the same story at my BB.

Scored a copy this afternoon at the Tenleytown BB in DC. There were several copies left. It's marked at $29.99 and in a 50% off bin. She rang it up and it came out $15 and then scanned the coupon and it corrected to $10, so the coupon superseded the clearance. I didn't feel like being a jerk and arguing that I should get both, since that never would have worked anyway.

Picked it up along with Sonic Genesis Collection and with a $30 GC it came out to around $12. My favorite part was the lady asking for my $12 and saying "daaamn, you saved a ton of money". Yep, that's the idea.

Seattle, the Northgate Best Buy, has Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway LE marked down to $24.99. With the Reward Zone coupon, $4.99.

They had plenty in stock. Bunch on the shelves and a bunch on a table. Their registers are having a problem with the coupon, but the manager will override it no problem.

[quote name='gxer2002']picked up a copy for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

also got it for five bucks. last one also. lucky me. and its not a bad game, just have to get used to having a team and not run and gun :)

I just came back from Elk Grove, CA BB and they still have 2 left on display for $24.99. I was able to get it for $5.43, but it took the cashier a while to ring up the coupon.

I got the coupon in my mail but didnt care as it was for 360. Decided to experiment and got the PS3 version for $5 yesterday :D Swweeeeettt.

Great game! I already beat it once but had fun and loved the graphics

bread's done
Back