Rewarding Achievements - Confirmed!

[quote name='ksuwild25']Have any level 3 winners got the "confirm" icon to go away in their rewards section? I've clicked it and it brings up the registration page, and after I click submit it's still there.[/quote]

I've confirmed my address on both things a few times and its still there.

[quote name='APE992']I get to the point where it asks for ones information, hit submit, click on return to rewards and it sends me back asking for my information again.

MS botched this one, hard.[/quote]After you submit your info, don't click "Return to Rewards". Instead, type "xbox.com/rewards" in the address bar. That's what was suggested in the Xbox forums anyway.

The link a CAG posted last night seemed to work for me, though it takes a while to load up.

Going to rent Fusion Frenzy 2, or Eragon today. Or would Fight Night be easier? I have 1,275 points to go (Its hard because I have no easy games...)

My friend said I can borrow his copy of 99 Nights. Is it difficult?

NEW INFO FROM M$:
Thank you for the incredible response to Xbox Rewards. The gaming community’s interest has temporarily overloaded our servers and caused delays for those trying to register.
To help ensure everyone who wants to participate has the opportunity, the Old Spice Experience Challenge will be extended by three days. Now you have until April 15th 2007 to increase your Gamerscore by 1,500.

As a bonus, we are adding more rewards for this challenge, which means more gamers who successfully complete the challenge will get rewarded.

Our development team is hard at work to fix the problem. We expect the web site will be ready in 48 hours, please be patient and check back periodically.

Finally got everything to work, after several failed attempts. Plan to play more Fight Night, LEGO Star Wars II, Marvel UA, and maybe bust open Tiger Woods 07 to get my score up. If I'm desperate, I'll carry on with King Kong, too.

Anyone know how Crackdown is for achievements? Going to pick it up and play regardless, but that will affect how quickly I get it.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Going to rent Fusion Frenzy 2, or Eragon today. Or would Fight Night be easier? I have 1,275 points to go (Its hard because I have no easy games...)

My friend said I can borrow his copy of 99 Nights. Is it difficult?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, FF2's achievements can be had within a couple hours, Eragon's within a couple of playthroughs. FN took me a few hours to get the 1000 pts. N3 isn't very difficult, but can get repetitive. I like to play it in short sessions.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Anyone know how Crackdown is for achievements? Going to pick it up and play regardless, but that will affect how quickly I get it.[/QUOTE]

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/crackdown/

[quote name='ksuwild25']Have any level 3 winners got the "confirm" icon to go away in their rewards section? I've clicked it and it brings up the registration page, and after I click submit it's still there.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem man.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I'm having the same problem man.[/QUOTE]

Me too--same exact problem.

I just got my join challenge done finally, but I won't be doing the bulk of my achievements till next week on NBA Street. I'm not going out and renting anything that will cost me more than just buying Contra lol.

The site still seems to be under some load, but less than before.

I really hope they just give rewards to everybody that completes it (FF game excepted) for all the hassle that they have to go through. A gamerpic after all this shit will be insulting.

I actually managed to register on the site today. Now I'm just getting server errors when I try to sign up for a challenge.

No matter what browser I use, no many how many links and workarounds and sign-ins/sign-outs and alternate methods I try the best I can do is sign-in and be told by the website that there is some sort of error.

And after the umpteenth time of seeing "CountryNotFound", or "Error", or various server time-out messages it's just plain enough. I give up. Horrific implementation, through and through.

From reading around the reward site, it doesnt seem like the confirm button is supposed to go away. I think its just for our benefit that they have the right address before they start sending everything rather than a confirmation to recieve the prize. I could be wrong though.

This is why I think that
Well done, you have completed the The Old Spice Experience Challenge challenge and may claim your reward by following the details below.

Please confirm your address before we mail your reward.

the website is so jacked, I register, I try to go back to my rewards, it sends me back to the register screen......... jeez

when you sign up for one "challenge" do you get all the rewards. I signed up for the upgrade thing, and now it looks like once I finish that I will need to get another 1500 to get contra. That would suck.

The rewards pages are finally working correctly. The confirm button is showing up and apparently working.

They also applied dates for the digital rewards, April 12th. The final day of the contest. The shirt and Fusion Frenzy are apparently still 90 days per the original page before this site launched. Nothing new on those.

on episode 86 of gamertag radio podcast they had Mo Lann the global product manager for the xbox rewards program. (it started approx 32:30 into it or roughly 15:30 left in the show)Why this doesn't excuse them at all, he clearly made it seem that this was a pilot/test program.

The site is up, but every time I log in it takes me to the registration form. :roll:

Your Microsoft Windows Live™ ID must be associated with a valid Xbox Live™ Gamertag to register. Login to Xbox.com for more information.

I keep getting that message whenever I try to go to the home page.

[quote name='Indiana']Based on the gamercard site it looks like 480 people have already won.[/quote]
over 2,500 copies so if I get the rest of the 1,500 points over today and tomorrow I should be set...

[quote name='mr ryles']Your Microsoft Windows Live™ ID must be associated with a valid Xbox Live™ Gamertag to register. Login to Xbox.com for more information.

I keep getting that message whenever I try to go to the home page.[/quote]
Ditto here.

please bare with me for a few mins and listen out my RANT...

The original intend for this 'marketing gimmick' was obviously to devert people from going out and play other consoles (IE: PS3, Wii) and find a newly RESPARKED interest in XBL and the Xbox 360 games. The intend was that we all would go out *BUY* games moreso than we already do - just to rank in points and so forth for some measly prizes.

We all at first were very excited and then were slowly LET DOWN in stages beginning from not even having the site up by 2/12/07 9:00 AM PST (it still told you then to come back on 2/12) - to THEN finding out the 'good' prizes are limited to 2,500 QTY - to THEN spending hours upon hours struggling with WORKAROUNDS to even register, accept the challenge or even view our progress.

All this sums up to one big HEAP OF SHIT.

For me personally the excitement has traversed to hatred toward MS (who was still CLUELESS to their problems when I spoke to their XBL support @ 8 AM this morning - they didn't even know this was going down) talkbout CLUELESS.

The grief and headaches this effort yielded clearly overshadow my possible gain (Fuzion Frenzy which I may be able to get for $ 30.00 used soon). I came to the realization that I don't need the fucking prizes or headaches and I am so turned off toward it now - that I am finding some new time to play around with my PS3 and catching up on some Wii backlog. I hope this sets a trend and MS receives an abundance of complaints.

From a legal standpoint whenever entering a competition you are to be granted EQUALITY and the same chances as everyone else - for them to still have this not 100 % accurately working TODAY in a sense almost disqualifies them from even putting such a promotion on - as you obviously need to be some type of computer 'hackery' expert just to divert URLs and such to even register !

No need for Fan-boy'ism in your responses - nothing wrong with getting something for free - but lessons for MS can clearly be drawn from this - and I hope it makes enough STINK out there in the gaming community that this in fact becomes REVERSED ADVERTISING IE: a turn off for all the intended suckers!

REWN

[quote name='rewn']please bare with me for a few mins and listen out my RANT...

The original intend for this 'marketing gimmick' was obviously to devert people from going out and play other consoles (IE: PS3, Wii) and find a newly RESPARKED interest in XBL and the Xbox 360 games. The intend was that we all would go out *BUY* games moreso than we already do - just to rank in points and so forth for some measly prizes.

We all at first were very excited and then were slowly LET DOWN in stages beginning from not even having the site up by 2/12/07 9:00 AM PST (it still told you then to come back on 2/12) - to THEN finding out the 'good' prizes are limited to 2,500 QTY - to THEN spending hours upon hours struggling with WORKAROUNDS to even register, accept the challenge or even view our progress.

All this sums up to one big HEAP OF SHIT.

For me personally the excitement has traversed to hatred toward MS (who was still CLUELESS to their problems when I spoke to their XBL support @ 8 AM this morning - they didn't even know this was going down) talkbout CLUELESS.

The grief and headaches this effort yielded clearly overshadow my possible gain (Fuzion Frenzy which I may be able to get for $ 30.00 used soon). I came to the realization that I don't need the fucking prizes or headaches and I am so turned off toward it now - that I am finding some new time to play around with my PS3 and catching up on some Wii backlog. I hope this sets a trend and MS receives an abundance of complaints.

From a legal standpoint whenever entering a competition you are to be granted EQUALITY and the same chances as everyone else - for them to still have this not 100 % accurately working TODAY in a sense almost disqualifies them from even putting such a promotion on - as you obviously need to be some type of computer 'hackery' expert just to divert URLs and such to even register !

No need for Fan-boy'ism in your responses - nothing wrong with getting something for free - but lessons for MS can clearly be drawn from this - and I hope it makes enough STINK out there in the gaming community that this in fact becomes REVERSED ADVERTISING IE: a turn off for all the intended suckers!

REWN[/quote]

i agree with most of what you said, but some minor details

for starters I don't see how this is helping XBL..it is just to get to play 360 games period...also I fail to see how xbl help line would know anything about this, as I would assume it is a completely seperate group working on this project....as for you complaint about the time it should have started that was based on everyones assumption...in the podcast i mentioned a few post up, the head of the rewards group said it wouldn't start untill after 3pm (i would assume pst) as they wanted everyone to have an equal opportunity to sign up for it and it would be best to wait untill kids got home from school.

Well, I can log on now, but it appears my tally is different than what's being reported. What MGC.net says (and what matches what I've been tracking on my own) is that I'm ~400 points from finishing. But the official site has me around 800 points from finishing. It sounds like they are having some timing issues since I was able to sign up on the first day.

I emailed customer support to see what they can do. Here's to hoping!

wtf, this is my most retarded webpage I have ever visited. I have NO patience so screw this. Not worth my time to continuously get routed back to the sign in screen.

[quote name='jimfoley16']and here.[/QUOTE]

And here earlier. I was finally able to sign in about 10 minutes ago, but it just took me to the registration form again.

When I search under my name now, it lists that I've won five prizes. Whether or not Microsoft holds up their end of the bargin, I don't know.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Well, I can log on now, but it appears my tally is different than what's being reported. What MGC.net says (and what matches what I've been tracking on my own) is that I'm ~400 points from finishing. But the official site has me around 800 points from finishing. It sounds like they are having some timing issues since I was able to sign up on the first day.

I emailed customer support to see what they can do. Here's to hoping![/quote]Sorry if I haven't been looking well enough as the site takes way too long to load, but where on the rewards site does it show your progress? I've seen the page that says I'm registered, but I wanna see what the "official" tally is right now.

I registered yesterday and was able to get to the actual rewards page that shows I was registered for the challenge. Now, everytime I try and go to "xbox.com/rewards" all I get is the registration page. This is absolutely ridiculous MS.

[quote name='ViolentLee']It's working for me now, but I don't know where to find my progress after getting about 150 points last night.[/QUOTE]

If you click on "I'm finished", it should pop up a window that says "You still need 1350 points", that seems to be the only progress indicator there is.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6145320/index.html

Tells you in detail how to get easy points

This may have been posted earlier in the thread but I'm posting it for those just joining us. I have the gamepass for blockbuster so I just picked up NBA 2K6. You can supposedly get all 1,000 points in one game (this destroys Madden 06)

WTF???
I accumulated enough achievement points to advance to a higher Level during a Challenge that I completed, but I got the Rewards associated with my previous Level. Why didn’t I get the Reward associated with my new Level?
If you qualify for a Reward, you will only get the Reward(s) associated with your Level at the time that you agreed to joing the Challenge.

At the moment, the site seems to be working fine.

Finally got acknowledged for completing the challenge (although it took me over 3000 points total) but comfirming one's address for the t-shirt/FF2 leads to a registration page with all your info already inserted. Ended up just submiting the reg info again and I hope that works.

How!?

I'm still getting "Sorry, we were unable to validate your gamer details." when trying to sign in or do any shortcuts from registration.

It's extremely frustrating.

How long does MLB 2K6 take to get achievements.
I'm hoping it takes 70 minutes because I gotta do it tonight because I can't all weekend.

bread's done
Back