RF Adapter for Wii?

PigeonSt

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know if there will be one? I know the video out port is different than snes/n64/cube, so there's no option to use those rf adapters.

I know I'm probably one of 10 people who need this accessory, but sometimes you gotta go with what you have.

No idea, I'm thinking no, I know they haven't announced one.

If they release one then I suggest you buy it, make a noose, and kill yourself. :p

If not you'll have to spring for an RF modulator (or do you have a VCR?)

just hit up a pawn shop and get a TV with A/V jacks for $20 or $30 more.

I mean, this is cheapassgamer, but you get some leeway ;)

People that still use RF should not even consider buying a console. Spend the $250 and buy a small 20-23 inch flat screen first.

[quote name='Arsonide']You can buy a generic RF adapter known as an RF modulator, I need one too - you're not alone. :p I got my TV for $20 at a garage sale. It's huge but it has no A/V jacks and no HD or anything. However I got a huge TV for $20 and it works fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Terk-MINI-RF-Modulator-Compact/dp/B00008XKYS

Google for "Mini RF Modulator" to find more. They range from $5 to $25...so it shouldn't be a big deal.[/quote]

like how big? 62"? :bouncy:

[quote name='Apossum']just hit up a pawn shop and get a TV with A/V jacks for $20 or $30 more.

I mean, this is cheapassgamer, but you get some leeway ;)[/quote]I second that, if for no other reason than the sound quality goes right down the crapper into static ville with an RF switch. I remember playing Mario Kart 64 at my friend's house shortly after release, all he had was the N64 RF hookups and the sound just grabled the whole time. It was awful. Although maybe his RF switch just sucked too.

[quote name='PigeonSt']Does anyone know if there will be one? I know the video out port is different than snes/n64/cube, so there's no option to use those rf adapters.

I know I'm probably one of 10 people who need this accessory, but sometimes you gotta go with what you have.[/QUOTE]

At the price you'll pay for a good standalone unit, buy a cheapo VCR and use it as a pass through RF modulator.

[quote name='TurboChickenMan']There's nothing wrong with RF.

I have to route everything through the VCR (our TV was made in 1978), and the quality is just fine. :)[/QUOTE]

That's nice. Is your refrigerator Harvest Gold, Burnt Orange, or Avocado?

[quote name='Tybee']That's nice. Is your refrigerator Harvest Gold, Burnt Orange, or Avocado?[/quote]

:rofl: You win this thread.

[quote name='daroga']I second that, if for no other reason than the sound quality goes right down the crapper into static ville with an RF switch. I remember playing Mario Kart 64 at my friend's house shortly after release, all he had was the N64 RF hookups and the sound just grabled the whole time. It was awful. Although maybe his RF switch just sucked too.[/quote]

No, it was his TV that made it do that. BTW RF is fine, fuck all you that say otherwise ;)

come on people. you really need to upgrade your tvs to at least stereo. im sure you can find some sort of tv somewhere with A/V hook ups for almost nothing.

I have this. It's a 5 way switch with a built in RF modulator, only $20. If you ever get a TV with A/V or S-video inputs and no longer need the RF modulator part, the switch will still be useful for hooking up multiple systems to a single a/v or s-video input.

Considering that you can get good LCD tvs for the cheap come black friday you have excuse not to save up and buy one of those.

Our TV is a Hitachi CR-328 manufactured in 1978.

It has one speaker, a dial tuner, and rabbit ears.

And guess what? The picture and audio quality is great.

Nothing beats a well built CRT, and that's that. :cool:

[quote name='Tebunker']Considering that you can get good LCD tvs for the cheap come black friday you have excuse not to save up and buy one of those.[/QUOTE]
I didn't prepare for Black Friday. My next check is for the Wii, after that I don't get paid until after Black Friday.

[quote name='TurboChickenMan']Our TV is a Hitachi CR-328 manufactured in 1978.

It has one speaker, a dial tuner, and rabbit ears.

And guess what? The picture and audio quality is great.

Nothing beats a well built CRT, and that's that. :cool:[/QUOTE]

No, its a piece of crap. Its almost 30 years old and needs to be replaced. The Game Gear has a better screen. Don't kid yourself.

[quote name='Arsonide']I didn't prepare for Black Friday. My next check is for the Wii, after that I don't get paid until after Black Friday.[/quote]That's what credit cards are for!!!!

/terrible advice]

[quote name='TurboChickenMan']There's nothing wrong with RF.

I have to route everything through the VCR (our TV was made in 1978), and the quality is just fine. :)[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that, because A TV no matter what the quality or year loses close to 10% of its picture quality which mean yours would ow you about 180%

I dont know what the fuck you guys are talking about but RF isn't nearly as bad as you guys say it is. I have my consoles hooked up via RF and it looks fine. I am planning on upgrading though ;)

Hmmm...It seems the only people arguing for the quality of RF are the people who are still forced to use it. I wonder why that is?

[quote name='Tybee']Hmmm...It seems the only people arguing for the quality of RF are the people who are still forced to use it. I wonder why that is?[/quote]
Actually I have another TV that does not use RF and i've played systems on it and the quality is not as a big of a deal that you are making it. So your statement/theory fails because it is false.

I don't care if it's pristine quality, and I don't care if you're sitting a foot away from it (not that I think either statement is remotely true in this case).... a 13 inch display is not something to be playing a video game on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating monster-sized big-screens, but come on.

you connect your wii's composite cables to the modulator then you connect the modulator to the tv with an rf cable.

Ya I'd like a good RF switch too...most of my TVs only have RF except 2 of them lol...so it would be nice. I don't know why everyone hates RF so much, its so easy to set up! =D

I've had to go RF before when my HDTV had a convergence error. It's not that bad. And you can always route the audio through a receiver.

I'm surprised there aren't more gamestore employees talking about how popular the RF plug is for consoles. It's still a huge business. I bet the majority of people are using the RF plug for their cable tv.

[quote name='adamsappel']I've had to go RF before when my HDTV had a convergence error. It's not that bad. And you can always route the audio through a receiver.

I'm surprised there aren't more gamestore employees talking about how popular the RF plug is for consoles. It's still a huge business. I bet the majority of people are using the RF plug for their cable tv.[/quote]

.....and riding in horse drawn buggies, and churning their own butter, and wrapping up their wire after they done using the tv remote, and making sure the top load vcr doesn't have the flashing 12's..............

c'mon hit up a pawn shop and get a sansui 25inch tv with composite jacks for $50.00 or just go to wal-mart and get one for 110.00

Do you still use your tape deck as well?

I use RF for my atari, NES, Super NES, N64, and my TV. I have a Toshiba 27 inch TV built in 2005. My signal on NES games looks just as good on the RF as it does on the Wii virtual console (The wii uses AV.) BTW, I have a Nintendo- replacement NES Top Loader.

When I got my GameCube last generation I had to use composite cables, but I wanted an RF cable. When I got one and tried it out I was like 'this kinda sucks, I'm going back to composite'.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Composi...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1281988572&sr=1-1-fkmr0 id say something like this would be better you can hook up systems to it and run it through the coax port, used to do this with my old tv that didnt even have composite hook ups, had the gamestop one that did 5 systems at once, alot nicer not having to unhook this system to play that one, also go for a decent looking one if it looks like cheap plastic alot of times it gives a buzzing noise when you play but if you get a good one which are usually under 20 its awesome

bread's done
Back