Rhino B2G1 Labor Day Weekend

[quote name='Skylander7']I've outgrown them for the most part, random battles just aren't for me in my old age. Here's to hoping GA Tech gets slaughtered this weekend though.

I'm pretty curious as to how the EB stores in town will fare after the Gamestop acquisition. We have three here.. I'm wondering if any of them will shut down.

Where's that new Target located? I haven't been to Auburn/Opelika in at least 2 months.[/QUOTE]

If any of the EB's close, it'll be the Montgomery Mall one (which should have already happened anyway). That's the only one that's close enough to a Gamestop to conflict really.

[quote name='Skylander7']I've outgrown them for the most part, random battles just aren't for me in my old age. Here's to hoping GA Tech gets slaughtered this weekend though.

I'm pretty curious as to how the EB stores in town will fare after the Gamestop acquisition. We have three here.. I'm wondering if any of them will shut down.

Where's that new Target located? I haven't been to Auburn/Opelika in at least 2 months.[/QUOTE]

it's in tigertown next to the new bestbuy and petco, right off I-85. are you coming to the game? i'm coming back for it, and i plan on getting drunk. WAR EAGLE!

[quote name='hooo'];) That's correctly spelled, it's just the wrong word. Don't know how I missed it in my proof reading. :shrug:

Calling me a liar isn't cool. I don't particularly appreciate it and it's sad that you consider that accusation of so little consequence. If you disagree when my opinion, please I'm all for knowing about it. If you call be a liar because of some personal bias or problem, then you're either a jerk, young, or both. I'll assume young as it seems the most likely.

PS spellbound for firefox and spellcheck.net rox0r[/QUOTE] I know it's correctly spelled. However in your context it is a misspelled word. I could really care less what I call you, or anyone else for that matter. "OMG some guy on the Internet called me a liar". Boo hoo. I disagree with your statement that Rhino sells pirated game and anime OST's. What applies to one store does not apply to the entire chain.

"If I call be a liar". I think you meant, "if you call me a liar" blah blah blah. For you to claim that "Rhino sells pirated game and anime OST's" is a blanket statement that makes you look like a fool. And what exactly would someone's age have anything to do with any of this? If you think that age is anything but a number then you will have a big suprise in store when you graduate from high school next year.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I know it's correctly spelled. However in your context it is a misspelled word. I could really care less what I call you, or anyone else for that matter. "OMG some guy on the Internet called me a liar". Boo hoo. I disagree with your statement that Rhino sells pirated game and anime OST's. What applies to one store does not apply to the entire chain.

"If I call be a liar". I think you meant, "if you call me a liar" blah blah blah. For you to claim that "Rhino sells pirated game and anime OST's" is a blanket statement that makes you look like a fool. And what exactly would someone's age have anything to do with any of this? If you think that age is anything but a number then you will have a big suprise in store when you graduate from high school next year.[/QUOTE]

You like to argue, don't you?
Do as the Beatles say:
Let it be, let it be.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Hillbilly type towns huh? Is that why there are 5 of them located in or around Jacksonville, the very place you are located?[/QUOTE]

I never said that hillbilly towns are bad, as you eluded to you bigot. Some of my very good buddies are card carrying necks, truck, spittoon and all.

[quote name='sying']I never said that hillbilly towns are bad, as you eluded to you bigot. Some of my very good buddies are card carrying necks, truck, spittoon and all.[/QUOTE]

Eluded to? How did I elude to anything? Where did I one time, with any prejudice say that "hillbilly towns are bad"? I said that you live in Jacksonville therefore you must think it's a "hillbilly type town". I find it funny that you say "rural markets" yet Jacksonville, the very city you reside in has 5 Rhino stores. Did you forget your original post?

[quote name='sying']Mostly in hillbilly type towns, they are trying to corner the rural market, and doing a pretty good job with it. [/QUOTE]

Who's the racial bigot there buddy?

I'm glad some of your good buddies are "card carrying necks" as you like to call them. It just proves my point further. Looks like the only bigot is you.

Hiya. I work at the Rhino in Auburn-Opelika, AL. After reading some of the comments, I think some clarification is due. Sooo....

First of all, the Labor Day Weekend Sale. All preowned games - ALL - are buy 2, get one free. Only stipulation is that the cheapest one is free. Meaning you could get three $39.99 games and pay for two of them, getting a forty-dollar game for zilch. I encourage you to take advantage of this.

Second of all, our perpetual 2-for-1 trade deal. Any game that we resell for $24.99 (on Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or PSP) trades in for $10 and thus qualifies for the deal. Need I say anything about using this weekend's Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale in conjunction? :) To the poster who commented about the Punisher trading for $8 and selling for $24.99, I'd say that the store in question hadn't updated its price stickers. The trade value has a direct relationship with the sell price.

As for pirated items, nothing in my store is such. I can't speak for other stores, but headquarters sends or orders us every new item we get, and they've never sent me a bootleg. Don't worry, we know what we're doing. :)

As far as preordering, this is how it works: You put money down, you get a receipt that shows it. You need to keep up with that receipt. While that shouldn't be a problem, in the event you lose it, we CAN look it up and reprint it for you. Just ask, and give us a date and any other info you can about the transaction. It's not an ideal system, I agree, but it isn't hard. We do keep track of preorder numbers, so yes, if you preorder a game you are GUARANTEED that game. If we don't take a preorder on a game, it's because we aren't sure how many copies (if any) we'll be able to get. We will not promise you something we can't deliver. Many, many titles get heavily allocated. Would you be more upset not being able to preorder a game, or preordering it and then not getting it?

For those of you looking at Xbox 360 preorders, a little info. Microsoft has not told ANYONE how many units they will be receiving. Stores currenty taking preorders are operating blindly. We aren't starting our 360 preorder program until we know exactly how many units each store will get (we should know mid-to-late September). So that's how our preorder system works. If you preorder it, there is ZERO chance you will not get it.

Hope I've cleared up some things. And munch, thanks for the info about the Donkey Konga 2 awhile back! :)

hawk, maybe you can clear something up..

Will 360 games be eligibly for the 2 for 1.. mainly the ones that aren't going to be $59.99, like PD: Zero, PGR3, etc?

[quote name='hxhawkeye']Hiya. I work at the Rhino in Auburn-Opelika, AL. After reading some of the comments, I think some clarification is due. Sooo....

First of all, the Labor Day Weekend Sale. All preowned games - ALL - are buy 2, get one free. Only stipulation is that the cheapest one is free. Meaning you could get three $39.99 games and pay for two of them, getting a forty-dollar game for zilch. I encourage you to take advantage of this.

Second of all, our perpetual 2-for-1 trade deal. Any game that we resell for $24.99 (on Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or PSP) trades in for $10 and thus qualifies for the deal. Need I say anything about using this weekend's Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale in conjunction? :) To the poster who commented about the Punisher trading for $8 and selling for $24.99, I'd say that the store in question hadn't updated its price stickers. The trade value has a direct relationship with the sell price.

As for pirated items, nothing in my store is such. I can't speak for other stores, but headquarters sends or orders us every new item we get, and they've never sent me a bootleg. Don't worry, we know what we're doing. :)

As far as preordering, this is how it works: You put money down, you get a receipt that shows it. You need to keep up with that receipt. While that shouldn't be a problem, in the event you lose it, we CAN look it up and reprint it for you. Just ask, and give us a date and any other info you can about the transaction. It's not an ideal system, I agree, but it isn't hard. We do keep track of preorder numbers, so yes, if you preorder a game you are GUARANTEED that game. If we don't take a preorder on a game, it's because we aren't sure how many copies (if any) we'll be able to get. We will not promise you something we can't deliver. Many, many titles get heavily allocated. Would you be more upset not being able to preorder a game, or preordering it and then not getting it?

For those of you looking at Xbox 360 preorders, a little info. Microsoft has not told ANYONE how many units they will be receiving. Stores currenty taking preorders are operating blindly. We aren't starting our 360 preorder program until we know exactly how many units each store will get (we should know mid-to-late September). So that's how our preorder system works. If you preorder it, there is ZERO chance you will not get it.

Hope I've cleared up some things. And munch, thanks for the info about the Donkey Konga 2 awhile back! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! :)

I have a question for you - do you happen to have any good PSOne games at your store? Particuarly, either Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre, or maybe another Suikoden 2? I'm tempted to drive over your way tomorrow, and you having one of those would pretty much seal the deal. :)

EDIT: Oh, one more thing - can you spend credit at any Rhino store, or only the store you got the credit from?

Credit is good at any Rhino. You can also exchange things at any Rhino. We just have to call the store of origin to get a code, but it's no biggie.

As far as the 360 games being good for the 2-for-1, as of yet they haven't said. I'm sure there will be some deal for them. When I know, I'll post.

PSone games - we have a disc-only Suikoden 2 for $54.99. The disc is in mint condition though, so if you just want to play the game, it could be worth your while. The Montgomery store manager took a complete copy right out from under my nose ( I was off a couple days when it came in apparently). I give him grief about that every time we talk :). Don't think we have an Ogre.

[quote name='hxhawkeye']The Montgomery store manager took a complete copy right out from under my nose ( I was off a couple days when it came in apparently). I give him grief about that every time we talk :). Don't think we have an Ogre.[/QUOTE]

I know, he tells me about it every time I see him now. :p He told me he wanted Persona, and I offered him a straight trade for it - but he didn't agree to it for some reason. ;)

So Hawk, was I right in assuming that if I see the game with a 24.99 price sticker, I can automatically assume that it qualifies?

[quote name='argyle']I know, he tells me about it every time I see him now. :p He told me he wanted Persona, and I offered him a straight trade for it - but he didn't agree to it for some reason. ;)[/QUOTE]

I worked at that store when it first opened as a second job... they literally have a bin under the counter for trade ins that come in to keep for themselves. Well, at least they did when I was there, I don't know if they do anymore. But they do have a few Sega Saturn games, they even had Panzer Dragoon Zwei in there for a while.

Picked up quite a bit today:

Makai Kingdom
Stella Deus
SMT: DDS
$84.77 total

went back and got
MGS 2: Substance
Killzone
Ghost Hunter
$36.02

Not bad at all. Thanks Scorch for posting this.

bread's done
Back