Rhino Video Game Clearance

argyle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (100%)
EDIT 7/15/06: Further price drops across all systems. Also, there is now a thread tracking games that qualify for Rhino's 2-for-1 deal here, courtesy of kjauburn: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100697

Looks like Rhino is having a big clearance across all systems. I don't have a complete list, not even close - but here are a few that stood out when I was there:

Darkwatch (xbox) - $7.50
PoP: The Two Thrones (ps2) - $14.50
MGS Acid 2 - $19.50

There were TONS more, again, across all systems. The manager told me they were going to be doing more markdowns in the coming weeks as well.

And before anyone asks, Rhino is a chain that's mainly in the Southeast, but has been spreading out some so I didn't put this in regional. And they have a website, but they don't sell anything on it.

[quote name='Scorch']Total Overdose gets $9 at my local Rhino. D'oh.[/QUOTE]

Damn... oh well... I guess it is still a decent credit builder on a 4 dollar game... glad I got in on the 14 dollar value though

Thats why its always important to call in for values the day you will trade, I made the mistake of ordering TC:NYC CE for XB when Amazon had them on sale for 9.99 because Rhino told me they gave 25 bucks for it... what a difference a few days make... I get the game and call up... seven dollars, not even enough to get the $25 in credit by even using the 2 for one because it didnt even get 10 dollars

Grabbed:

Killer 7 (GC)- 4.50
Battalion Wars (GC)- 24.50

they had a couple other new Cube games marked 33-50% off, I was tempted by Odama at 29.99 but I dont know. Does anyone think its really going to become a rare find later on? It seems to be everywhere at this point, but then again so was Ikaruga

[quote name='dpb6058']Grabbed:

Killer 7 (GC)- 4.50
Battalion Wars (GC)- 24.50

they had a couple other new Cube games marked 33-50% off, I was tempted by Odama at 29.99 but I dont know. Does anyone think its really going to become a rare find later on? It seems to be everywhere at this point, but then again so was Ikaruga[/QUOTE]

I saw Odama for that price today too. Another one that stood out was Metal Slug 4&5 for $9.50. If I hadn't just bought Killer 7 from Botticus last week I would have been all over that game.

I'm confused.

If Rhino is closing up shop, why are they still taking in trades?

If I was going out of business, the goal would be to reduce inventory. Are these game just going to be shuffled to other Blockbuster branches?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I'm confused.

If Rhino is closing up shop, why are they still taking in trades?[/quote]

Because they're not closing up shop. Only certain stores.

Went today at lunch, and prices are definitely dropping further. I snagged today:

Me & My Katamari - $9.50
Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends (ps2) - $7.50
Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire (ps2) - $4.50
Harvest Moon (ps2) - $4.50
Fatal Frame II (xbox) - $9.50
Metal Slug 4&5 (xbox) - $9.50
Dead to Rights II (xbox) - $3.50
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers (xbpx) - $9.50
Advent Rising - $9.50

There were lots more. I also saw the DQVII slime controller for $15, one of the chainsaw controllers for $15 (think it was PS2 version, but not 100%). This is a killer clearance.

[quote name='argyle']
There were lots more. I also saw the DQVII slime controller for $15, one of the chainsaw controllers for $15 (think it was PS2 version, but not 100%). This is a killer clearance.[/QUOTE]

Was definantly the GCN version, the PS2 version was still 24.50

Picked up today
Viewtiful Joe DT (NDS) 4.50
Shadow Ops XB 2.50
Darkwatch 4.50
Fatal Frame 2 XB 9.50 (PS2 version which I have gets 12 dollar trade in, so basically I was "buying" another trade in game for the 2 for one... by just switching my 2 versions of the game)
Super Monkey Ball DS 9.50
Frantix PSP 4.50
DS screen protectors 1.50
Playgear Share PSP (headphone splitter) 1.50

Had a few 360 games under 20 bucks NEW
PGR3
PD Zero
NHL 2K6
College BB 2k6
Full Auto

Id rank Rhino right up there with CC as my favorite B&M store of the year :)

As reported, the store near me is dropping prices every few days as well.

Edit: Total Overdose still worked for me. Trades in for $14...

[quote name='argyle']Went today at lunch, and prices are definitely dropping further. I snagged today:

Me & My Katamari - $9.50
Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends (ps2) - $7.50
Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire (ps2) - $4.50
Harvest Moon (ps2) - $4.50
Fatal Frame II (xbox) - $9.50
Metal Slug 4&5 (xbox) - $9.50
Dead to Rights II (xbox) - $3.50
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers (xbpx) - $9.50
Advent Rising - $9.50

There were lots more. I also saw the DQVII slime controller for $15, one of the chainsaw controllers for $15 (think it was PS2 version, but not 100%). This is a killer clearance.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit this clearance rules. It's the Gamecube RE controller btw... Kameo is also $19.99, PGR3 is $39.50. Goldeneye Rogue Agent was $2.50 (Xbox) and 007 FRWL was $4.50 (also Xbox). They had a Logitech wirless Xbox headset for like $29.99, and way more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I lucked out with a trade 2 for 1 deal, but they wouldn't let me plunk down an extra $10 for LOTR 360. I have to return the PGR3 I got tonight and then add the dough to it (the 7 day exchange thing). I'm going back in a little while with more trade in for stuff.

[quote name='Scorch']Because they're not closing up shop. Only certain stores.[/quote]

So, they're consolidating?

Are the stores taking trades staying open?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']So, they're consolidating?

Are the stores taking trades staying open?[/QUOTE]

Seems like most of the stores closing were out of the southeast area... all 4 of mine sprouted up within about 5 months starting late last year... its just a clearance sale to get rid of excess merchandise.. and a damn good one at that
certain 360 games for under 20 bucks...VJ for the DS for 4.50...it is awesome

ALSO... Argyle and other Rhino shoppers... Ive been toying with the idea of starting a trade in values list, particularly for the purpose of the two for one deals... good idea?... heck I wouldnt have known about Oogies Revenge (was sure they quoted me LESS than 10 dollar a few weeks earlier... but the same happened to me with War of the Monsters, it went UP in trade value... right as Sears had them for 9.99)... and Total Overdose being qualifying games

[quote name='zman73']Seems like most of the stores closing were out of the southeast area... all 4 of mine sprouted up within about 5 months starting late last year... its just a clearance sale to get rid of excess merchandise.. and a damn good one at that
certain 360 games for under 20 bucks...VJ for the DS for 4.50...it is awesome

ALSO... Argyle and other Rhino shoppers... Ive been toying with the idea of starting a trade in values list, particularly for the purpose of the two for one deals... good idea?... heck I wouldnt have known about Oogies Revenge (was sure they quoted me LESS than 10 dollar a few weeks earlier... but the same happened to me with War of the Monsters, it went UP in trade value... right as Sears had them for 9.99)... and Total Overdose being qualifying games[/quote]

Actually I started to work on a Rhino 2 for 1 list and was going to post the thread tonight. I figure with the activity we have in this thread we can keep it going unlike last year.

[quote name='kjauburn']Actually I started to work on a Rhino 2 for 1 list and was going to post the thread tonight. I figure with the activity we have in this thread we can keep it going unlike last year.[/QUOTE]

Awesome someone read my mind... I kinda like keeping it kinda quiet like in the southeast forum or something since it seems all the store ARE only in the SE... almost wouldnt want the extra competition for all the good trade in deals ;)

[quote name='zman73']Awesome someone read my mind... I kinda like keeping it kinda quiet like in the southeast forum or something since it seems all the store ARE only in the SE... almost wouldnt want the extra competition for all the good trade in deals ;)[/quote]

Okay I created the Qualitying trade thread under video game deals. The mods can move it to the southeast if they decide it fits better there. For the most part I think its going to be hard to keep it going beyond the few dedicated Rhino shoppers we have on here. As word picks up maybe more people will jump on board.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100697

Went in mine today, College Station, TX and they had the PS2 Resident Evil chainsaw controler for $25, just thought I would share.

[quote name='zman73']Fatal Frame 2 XB 9.50 (PS2 version which I have gets 12 dollar trade in, so basically I was "buying" another trade in game for the 2 for one... by just switching my 2 versions of the game)[/QUOTE]

So I'm not the only one doing that, huh? ;)

Only "downside" to the sale? I keep finding myself looking at games and going "I wonder if that qualifies for the 2-for-1....wait a minute..." :p

[quote name='argyle']So I'm not the only one doing that, huh? ;)

Only "downside" to the sale? I keep finding myself looking at games and going "I wonder if that qualifies for the 2-for-1....wait a minute..." :p[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, heck I only paid 10 for the PS2 version a couple years ago... the fact it is still a 12 dollar trade in lends itself well for my aquisition

Argyle, you have stated your Rhino (which was the first one I ever visited) has employees that are cool with you doing the 2 for one, then returning it for the games $50 value and NOT the previous trade in values of the games you traded in to get the 50 dollar game (like I am told)

I ask this because next time I am in Montgomery, Id like to do so there, as long as I could do it on one trip in the store

The RE4 controller seems to be for going for different prices at different Rhinos, I saw the GC one for 34.99 . Checked my other Rhino and they had FFIV for GBA at 24.50 and Tales of Phantasia for 24.50 (hardly comparable to CC, but still a little better than other retail)

Also saw:
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble (GC) for 14.50
Tiger Woods 2004 (GC) for 9.50
The two Mega Man compilations for GC at 24.50 a piece

All used PS2, GC, and Xbox were buy 2 get 1 free

The only problem with Rhino is that they have just about 1 copy of every brand new game, and I have a feeling they're not restocking the "clearance" items

And a little birdie in the EB company told me EB/Gamestop is trying to acquire a "video game chain in the southeast" We both couldnt think of any other chains aside from Rhino, so that may explain the recent clearance. Rhino would fit the puzzle as being a good outlet for the EB/GS stock of PS1, N64, and other older system surplus. But I dont know, this is the same person who mentioned grumblings of a gamestop takeover and I thought he was crazy then too

[quote name='dpb6058']The RE4 controller seems to be for going for different prices at different Rhinos, I saw the GC one for 34.99 . Checked my other Rhino and they had FFIV for GBA at 24.50 and Tales of Phantasia for 24.50 (hardly comparable to CC, but still a little better than other retail)

Also saw:
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble (GC) for 14.50
Tiger Woods 2004 (GC) for 9.50
The two Mega Man compilations for GC at 24.50 a piece

All used PS2, GC, and Xbox were buy 2 get 1 free

The only problem with Rhino is that they have just about 1 copy of every brand new game, and I have a feeling they're not restocking the "clearance" items

And a little birdie in the EB company told me EB/Gamestop is trying to acquire a "video game chain in the southeast" We both couldnt think of any other chains aside from Rhino, so that may explain the recent clearance. Rhino would fit the puzzle as being a good outlet for the EB/GS stock of PS1, N64, and other older system surplus. But I dont know, this is the same person who mentioned grumblings of a gamestop takeover and I thought he was crazy then too[/QUOTE]

I have a few games from this clearance that ARE still sealed lending me to believe they still had more in stock... BTW, alot of these clearance prices have been marked down again but NOT tagged... my Full Auto was tagged 24.50, rang up 19.50... the RE4 GCN controllers should be 14.50 since the newer PS2 ones ere tagged 24.50... and Ive seen TOP for 19.50...

If EB/GS aquires Rhino, I will be one pissed gamer... bad enough seeing all the great EB online deals evaporate with the GS takeover, dont want to see them ruin Rhino too

I specifically asked the clerk what he still had sealed for Cube and he only listed two games and told me they typically only stock 1-2 copies max. The sales not being tagged would make sense, everytime I walk into one there seems to be one clerk for 10 customers with the other two employees dickin off in the back. And I really hope Gamestop doesnt take over because I built my PSP library off the trade 2 get 1 free deal. We should try to compile better lists so more can get in on this

Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition (XB360) $24.50
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP) $14.50
Lord of the Rings Tactics (PSP) $14.50
Samurai Warriors State of War (PSP) $14.50
Me and My Katamari (PSP) $9.50
Metal Gear Acid 2 (PSP) $9.50
Darkstalkers Chronicles of Chaos (PSP) $9.50
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble (DS) $4.50
Burnout Revenge (XBOX) $4.50
LoTR: Third Age (XBOX) $2.50
Killer 7 (GC) $4.50

[quote name='zman73']Hell yeah, heck I only paid 10 for the PS2 version a couple years ago... the fact it is still a 12 dollar trade in lends itself well for my aquisition

Argyle, you have stated your Rhino (which was the first one I ever visited) has employees that are cool with you doing the 2 for one, then returning it for the games $50 value and NOT the previous trade in values of the games you traded in to get the 50 dollar game (like I am told)

I ask this because next time I am in Montgomery, Id like to do so there, as long as I could do it on one trip in the store[/QUOTE]

Nope, they don't have a problem with it at all. In fact, the complete staff of the store has changed about 4-5 months ago, and neither staff has had a problem with me doing that.

I need something to match w/ my Fatal Frame 2 now. I'm almost tempted to trade my Monster Hunter Freedom, just because I never play it. :whistle2:k

Funny story, I went to Rhino today to return a couple of games. I had picked up Tron 2.0 used a couple of days back and PoP:TTT new from the sale the other day. Tron I just didn't care for from the few minutes I played it - or actually, I preferred the PC version. PoP:TTT was kinda scratched up (it was their last copy) and I decided for pretty much the same thing I gave for it from Rhino I could get it new & sealed someplace else. So I go w/ a coworker. While we're there, he's looking at PoP:TTT used. He didn't realize I had just returned the game (he just wasn't paying attention to what I was doing). So he takes it up to the girl, and she tells him he could get the new one for $4.50 since it just dropped. He did, picking up the copy I had just returned. I laughed & told him for $4.50, I would have overlooked the scratches. :p

[quote name='zman73']Hell yeah, heck I only paid 10 for the PS2 version a couple years ago... the fact it is still a 12 dollar trade in lends itself well for my aquisition

I ask this because next time I am in Montgomery, Id like to do so there, as long as I could do it on one trip in the store[/QUOTE]

They're kosher with it... that's the only way you can get new 360 games with the 2 for 1. They won't let you add $10 to the 2 for 1, but you can do the 7 day exchange for a $59 by paying 10 more bucks for it.

[quote name='Skylander7']They're kosher with it... that's the only way you can get new 360 games with the 2 for 1. They won't let you add $10 to the 2 for 1, but you can do the 7 day exchange for a $59 by paying 10 more bucks for it.[/QUOTE]

One thing our Rhino stores DO allow is the 2 for ones on the 360 games... I like to find a couple of 10 dollar trade in games for the 2 for one, then if I have another game that gets me more than 10( like when I traded my 4 dollar Total Overdose for 14 when I bought it for 4)... to make up the generally ten dollar difference, but in this case I went for Prey CE... total cost was like 27-28 in games and difference... You should tell them to call Brandy at the Saraland AL store, she knows how to ring it up correctly and was the first one I knew that was doing this

They USED to do this at our store, but I haven't had a chance to try w/ the new staff. Who did you try this with, Skylander7? I know the manager is pretty cool, and I imagine if anyone would/could do it it would be her.

Heck, I'm almost positive she has done this once for me, when I picked up Beatmania. :whistle2:k

[quote name='argyle']They USED to do this at our store, but I haven't had a chance to try w/ the new staff. Who did you try this with, Skylander7? I know the manager is pretty cool, and I imagine if anyone would/could do it it would be her.

Heck, I'm almost positive she has done this once for me, when I picked up Beatmania. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It wasn't the manager, it was a skinny guy who may have been a regular employee. I'm going back in a few minutes to do the two-for-one with Shadow of Rome and Castlevania, hopefully they'll let me pull it off for Prey. If not, I'll snag DOA or something, and do the 7 day exchange.

The big one that got me with this sale was the Guitar Hero bundle down to $59.99. As fast as the prices are dropping, it wouldn't surprise me to see this bundle down to $29.99 soon. As high as the sequel bundle is going to be, it'd be a crime to pass this up.

Picked up an I-pod speaker system 4.50
and Generation of Chaos PSP 14.50... although Im not sure if Ill keep yet or trade/sell

[quote name='Skylander7']It wasn't the manager, it was a skinny guy who may have been a regular employee. I'm going back in a few minutes to do the two-for-one with Shadow of Rome and Castlevania, hopefully they'll let me pull it off for Prey. If not, I'll snag DOA or something, and do the 7 day exchange.

The big one that got me with this sale was the Guitar Hero bundle down to $59.99. As fast as the prices are dropping, it wouldn't surprise me to see this bundle down to $29.99 soon. As high as the sequel bundle is going to be, it'd be a crime to pass this up.[/QUOTE]

I went in this morning to pick up the ones I had asked them to hold for me yesterday (I didn't have my credit with me at the time) and I picked up a few more. The guys told me someone came in last night and bought a big stack of games. Was that you? :)

Anyway, the guys working there today really didn't know how to do the 2-for-1 so I held off. The red-headed guy just started this week, and I think the other guy was just...confused. I'll wait for the manager to get back next week.

In addition to the ones I already listed, I also decided to pick these up:

MG Acid 2 - $9.50
Goldeneye (xbox) - $2.50
LotR: The Third Age (xbox) - $2.50
King of Fighters 02/03 (xbox) - $9.50
Fatal Frame 1 (xbox) - $25.99 - they had this used, but it looked BRAND NEW and I've been looking for it for a while
Exhibition demo disk (xbox) - .50 - I needed a Xbox case, and figured .50 was a good deal on one. ;)

Through some confusion they also sold me Star Wars Battlefront II for the PS2 for $19.99. I don't know much about the game, and I'm trying to decide if I want to return it or not.

I took my PS2 Psychonauts (I got the Xbox version from TRU last week) along with the LotR:TTA and my GC version of Goldeneye and traded them into EB for $25 total. So that's something to keep in mind with those $2.50 games. Ironically, I got a new copy of PoP:TTT for the Xbox. :lol:

I went today and got a copy of Exit (psp) brand new for $9.50. I was happy at that since I don't have CC to get a cheaper copy from. I also picked up World championship poker 2 for ps2 for $4.50. I figured I like poker and the game can't be that bad for $4.50.

[quote name='argyle']I went in this morning to pick up the ones I had asked them to hold for me yesterday (I didn't have my credit with me at the time) and I picked up a few more. The guys told me someone came in last night and bought a big stack of games. Was that you? :)

Anyway, the guys working there today really didn't know how to do the 2-for-1 so I held off. The red-headed guy just started this week, and I think the other guy was just...confused. I'll wait for the manager to get back next week.

In addition to the ones I already listed, I also decided to pick these up:

MG Acid 2 - $9.50
Goldeneye (xbox) - $2.50
LotR: The Third Age (xbox) - $2.50
King of Fighters 02/03 (xbox) - $9.50
Fatal Frame 1 (xbox) - $25.99 - they had this used, but it looked BRAND NEW and I've been looking for it for a while
Exhibition demo disk (xbox) - .50 - I needed a Xbox case, and figured .50 was a good deal on one. ;)

Through some confusion they also sold me Star Wars Battlefront II for the PS2 for $19.99. I don't know much about the game, and I'm trying to decide if I want to return it or not.

I took my PS2 Psychonauts (I got the Xbox version from TRU last week) along with the LotR:TTA and my GC version of Goldeneye and traded them into EB for $25 total. So that's something to keep in mind with those $2.50 games. Ironically, I got a new copy of PoP:TTT for the Xbox. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's funny, I actually went back wanting that Xbox Goldeneye for a friend of mine. I did a 2 for 1 to get Quake 4 for the 360, will likely return it to get NCAA 07 or Prey on the cheap. They sold the last DOA4 last night, still have Full Auto.

All in all, here's my haul for the past 2 days:

Xbox:
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood ($9.99)
Darkwatch ($4.50)
Fatal Frame II DC ($9.50)
Metal Slug 4/5 ($9.99)
Castlevania CoD ($9.50)

Xbox 360
Kameo ($19.50)

Traded some games, along with Castlevania CoD and MMX Collection for the 2 for 1:
PGR 3 ($39.50)

Random other shit:
PS2 pelican extension cord: ($0.50)
Pelican DS carrying case ($3.50)
some R2-D2 action figure that sucks ass ($2.50, should've bought another game instead)

returned PGR3 next day, picked up Lord of the Rings: BFME II for 360 and traded Sigma Star Story & Pitfall TLE GBA, as well as some other game that I don't remember from CC sale to make up the difference= free excluding tax.

Traded another 2 for 1 (Castlevania CoD and Shadow of Rome) to get Quake 4 360 for free excluding tax, will return later this week during 7 day period to get either NCAA 07 or Prey for $10+tax.

All in all, I've paid a total of about $39 after using about $60 of my store credit for a few games I got for about $1-$3 from the Kmart clearance (only one per title, Rhino in Montgomery doesn't allow more than one copy of a game per trade in, such as Custom Robo and Wario Ware). I'd say my total cost excluding gas for everything at about $55, including what I paid for the Kmart games.

Jesus tapdancing christ.. Rhino's trade-ins and the current clearance prices are making this one of the sickest deals all year IMO. I'm fighting going back for more, but the prices are dropping so frequently on the clearance games that I kind of want to hold off.

[quote name='Skylander7']
Traded some games, along with Castlevania CoD and MMX Collection for the 2 for 1:
PGR 3 ($39.50)
[/QUOTE]

PGR was marked down at my Rhino for 19.50... 39.50 seems wayyyyyy to high

This is easily the second best sale of the year...

[quote name='Skylander7']That's funny, I actually went back wanting that Xbox Goldeneye for a friend of mine.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, woulda left it if I'd have known you were interested. It was basically an upgrade for me, since like I mentioned I left Rhino & traded in my GC version at EB. Ironically, I think Goldeneye & Dead To Rights II were the only last copies of a game I picked up today.

I agree, the deals are killer. Once I do this 2-for-1 next week, I'll be down about $50-$80 credit, all said & done. I think I definitely picked the right time to pick an Xbox back up - thanks to all these clearance sales I've built up a pretty respectable library in almost no time and for very little $$. :)

[quote name='argyle']Sorry, woulda left it if I'd have known you were interested. It was basically an upgrade for me, since like I mentioned I left Rhino & traded in my GC version at EB. Ironically, I think Goldeneye & Dead To Rights II were the only last copies of a game I picked up today.

I agree, the deals are killer. Once I do this 2-for-1 next week, I'll be down about $50-$80 credit, all said & done. I think I definitely picked the right time to pick an Xbox back up - thanks to all these clearance sales I've built up a pretty respectable library in almost no time and for very little $$. :)[/QUOTE]

Its funny, if these deals were at EB/GS... this thread would be 30 pages long... nice to have an alternative here in the southeast, especially since my game X changes closed up after Katrina... although I still miss being able to trade in penny guides there for 2 bucks apiece... Rhino only gives .50... but with this clearance I got a couple DS games for free after trading in about 20 old crappy guides

[quote name='zman73']Its funny, if these deals were at EB/GS... this thread would be 30 pages long... nice to have an alternative here in the southeast, especially since my game X changes closed up after Katrina... although I still miss being able to trade in penny guides there for 2 bucks apiece... Rhino only gives .50... but with this clearance I got a couple DS games for free after trading in about 20 old crappy guides[/QUOTE]

Yup, even here locally it seems most people ignore the Rhino in favor of EB/GS. Not that I'm complaining (and I'm sure Skylander isn't either ;)).

BTW, anyone's Rhino still have the latest Ace Combat? I'm curious if it got clearanced out as well.

Oh, and even tho I knew they took in guides I just never thought much about it until your post Zman. I took in about 8 today, all crap (madden guides & such). And hey, .50 is still 50x what I paid. :)

I've thought about getting a whole bunch of clearanced guides and taking them to rhino. I just never took the time to do it.

I'm going to go back there on monday or tuesday to see if anythings changed. What sucks is that there are a lot of games that I could buy and flip, but I really don't feel like going through the hassle. Good clearance though, especially on xbox games.

Not a bad haul for today.

Picked up 2 Hori DS Screen Protectors for $1.50 each.
SMB: Touch and Roll DS for $9.50
Rub Rabbits for $9.50
Full Auto for $19.50
Black (Xbox) $14.50!
Cold Fear (Xbox) $4.50
KOF 2002/03 (Xbox) $7.50
Arena Football (Xbox) $7.50
Killer 7 (GC) $4.50

Traded War of the Monsters and Total overdose to get Prey for the $10 difference.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Not a bad haul for today.

Full Auto for $19.50
Black (Xbox) $14.50!

[/QUOTE]

Damn and you got Prey in a trade in deal?? Wish I had a Rhino in PA

[quote name='argyle']Yup, even here locally it seems most people ignore the Rhino in favor of EB/GS. Not that I'm complaining (and I'm sure Skylander isn't either ;)).

BTW, anyone's Rhino still have the latest Ace Combat? I'm curious if it got clearanced out as well.

Oh, and even tho I knew they took in guides I just never thought much about it until your post Zman. I took in about 8 today, all crap (madden guides & such). And hey, .50 is still 50x what I paid. :)[/QUOTE]

Our local store is heavily ignored due to the area of town in which it is located. It's right by a Walmart known for shootings and theft. The one in Auburn though is the freaking shit, as it constantly has any rare game you could think of for older systems (Suikodens, Einhander, Super Puzzle Fighter, etc). The Montgomery store has some decent oldies as well (I was really surprised that Dragon Warrior III and IV for NES were there).

If PGR3 is marked down to $19.99, I may have to make even another trip over there tomorrow. As of last night at my local store, it was still $39.50. I'm guilty as well of ignoring the local Rhino, as I lived in Prattville. Since moving back to Montgomery last week, it's not as much a hassle.

I totally agree on the Gamerush 30 thread comment.. it's kind of nice for the Southeast to finally get something like this, seeing as we have to miss out on the Gamerush/Fry's deals all the time. Hell, the nearest Comp USA from here is 70 miles off in Birmingham.

[quote name='zman73']PGR was marked down at my Rhino for 19.50... 39.50 seems wayyyyyy to high

This is easily the second best sale of the year...[/quote]

I wish it had been $20 at mine, it was 42.50 there, and Black was 17.50

I traded Total Overdose for Fatal Frame 2 (XBOX) and Suffering: TTB.

[quote name='seanr1221']Damn and you got Prey in a trade in deal?? Wish I had a Rhino in PA[/quote]

Yep. Bought War of the monsters for 9.99 and Total overdose for $3.96. Traded those in towards Prey (59.99) and paid the $10 difference.

Wow, this thread popped up all of a sudden all while I was busy with my new Best Buy job. Great to see Rhino getting some attention. I know that thread I started several months back didn't get much action. I've really gotta check out Orlando's only Rhino tomorrow after I get off work and see if there's any goodies left. I neglected to look at the listed locations of the posters in this thread, but I know there's a good handful of regular posters in the Orlando area.

Also, Rob, the previous manager of the Rhino was recruited to the Waterford GameStop, if anyone cares. (I dunno, I may have mentioned that somewhere already on some thread.)

I can confirm the GT4 DFP wheel at $74.50, and Me & My Katamari at $9.90. Trust the list that has been generated, as Katamari was on the shelf stickered at $39.99.

Darn, all the goodies I really wanted (MGA2, Me & My Katamari, and VJ DS) were already sold out. But the clerk said there's a chance the warehouse will distribute leftover stock to stores where the products sell well, so here's hoping on a restock!

I wound up picking up PSP Frantix for $4.50, NDS Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll for $9.50, and a blue Neo Geo Pocket Color with Pac-Man, King of Fighters R2, Neo Turf Masters, Samurai Shodown 2, Metal Slug 1st Mission, and Fatal Fury First Contact for $29.50.

+1 for my game system collection.

Also, I've noticed that Rhino's been cutting prices on their games better than they ever have before, meaning it may become just a bit harder to find games worth $10 in value for the trade in deal.

I got me an Xmen Legends 2 for PSP for 14.50... waiting on the 3rd party component cables for XB360 to drop under 5 bucks... 7.50 is too much for those IMO

I went by today and got Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max PSP for $14.50 and Boktai 2 GBA for $4.50 - saw a bunch of other stuff I'll try to pick up later in the week when I get some more $$.

bread's done
Back