Ridge Racer 6 (XBOX 360) $19.99 at BestBuy.com ($15 after GGC)

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
7547407.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7547407&productCategoryId=pcmcat66900050002&type=product&tab=4&id=1128337921969

$14.99 after GGC* coupon (provided it's the same price in-store, which it should be).

Great price after GGC for a 360 game. I'm a big fan of the PSP Ridge Racer after picking it up cheap at GameRush so I think I'll pick this up, I played the demo and thought it was pretty good and it should serve as a nice stopgap for me until PGR3 drops to $19.99 which should be pretty soon as well.

* Best Buy Gamer Gift Card Explained:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73

Edit: The PriceGrabber rebate is now gone.
There's also a $5 PriceGrabber rebate for this game, so after GGC and PG Rebate, you can get this game for $10.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=14061514/id_type=M/form_keyword=ridge%20racer

Also availabe at EB/GameStop (user coupon code FREESHIPALL):
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200129

and Circuit City
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Ridge-Racer-6-Xbox-360-/sem/rpsm/oid/139318/catOid/-15584/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Damn, I was looking at this same deal for outpost and missed it. But I don't know if they have any in stock at my store b/c since "store pick-up is not available" I can't tell.

Can we assume this is instore or will be instore at some point, I notice it says "not available for instore pickup"

I despise paying postage.

[quote name='benjamouth']Can we assume this is instore or will be instore at some point, I notice it says "not available for instore pickup"

I despise paying postage.[/QUOTE]

This is an in-store price as well, just for some reason BB has disabled in-store pickup on it.

If worst comes to worst, print out the page and price match it to Circuit City.

fuck! I was JUST at BestBuy picking up Unreal.

Looks like when my dad comes home I'm going back. I have to stay with my sister right now.

[quote name='seanr1221']fuck! I was JUST at BestBuy picking up Unreal.

Looks like when my dad comes home I'm going back. I have to stay with my sister right now.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I knew you'd be on this deal, even though "I don't really need Ridge Racer, I think I'll pass" I'm gonna get this shit tonight too, we should get some Live action going.

:lol: I knew you'd say that when you saw my post.

Dude 15.00 is one hour of work, big froopin woop. :D

I'll def. be up for some live later, hopefully my dad gets home soon.

[quote name='sanjuro']Oh yeah, didn't Namco issue a moderate amount of free downloadable content for this over Live?[/QUOTE]

The cars are free (there are 35 of them, some crazy number) but the extra music is 80 points PER SONG... I imagine Namco is bound to make them free sooner or later.

Awesome! Thanks a ton for the info, sanjuro! :D

I ordered this from outpost, but it's backordered, so I just got CC to price match Best Buy's website.

$18.89 out the door and I'm very happy right now!

[quote name='seanr1221']Just got back. I like 14.99 360 games..thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Now if only Hitman would drop to $40...

[quote name='screwkick']Game was $59.99 @ the Best Buy I went to. Might very well be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy.com and the in-store prices synch up perfectly, 99.9% of the time.

Baaaa, had to order from the website cos my local BB didn't have it and I've got no way of checking instore availability at BB or CC. :bomb:

Thanks anyway OP, $23 is still a good price, I'll be having nightmares tonight about that lost 3 bucks though ;)

Ugh, I just can't decide if I want to get this or not. I played the demo 3 times and it was a blast but I just can't decide...

Well after playing 6 races, it can't hold a candle to PGR3 or Burnout: Revenge, but it's fun in its own way. I'm glad I paid 15.00 though.

Hopefully we can get a cheapass race going on this cheapass game tonight.

[quote name='sanjuro']Did you have them scan it?[/quote]

Yep. Rang up $59.99. I just ordered one online. $22.35 after tax & shipping.

EB has it used for $29.99, so I figured I made out well.

[quote name='seanr1221']Well after playing 6 races, it can't hold a candle to PGR3 or Burnout: Revenge, but it's fun in its own way. I'm glad I paid 15.00 though.

Hopefully we can get a cheapass race going on this cheapass game tonight.[/QUOTE]

For some reason though, and this seems true of all Ridge Racer games. There such a sense of accomplishment when you cleanly pass the leader, especially if you can pull it off right in a turn. For Burnout the sense of accomplishment comes with crashing someone. For PGR3 the sense of accomplishment is just from racing the track and hitting your marks. The one thing I will give Ridge Racer is that they actually make you work at getting out front, the other 2 it seems like its quite easy to get out in front of the pack and then the challenge comes from holding that position. The AI in Ridge Racer is much better at running a block on you and trying to prevent a pass.

I think I am going to go get it. I can take back my clearance copy of Geist to Target and then go over to Best Buy to pick up RR. Yeah, I'd rather have RR6 than Geist anyway.

My local Best Buys in the Chicago suburbs have all sent the game back to the warehouse, so online is my only bet. I would call ahead before you go looking in person.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal, I'll be ordering it right now.

Great, great game. I've got about 60 hours invested in it. There is really just one hard achievement. Often said to be the hardest achievement around right now, for any game. There are a few others that take time and skill, but that one hard one takes so much more effort. Probably not worth the 60 gamer points, but I'm still working on it ;p

Problem with this game is that it is so easy to play. Makes it hard to go and try to play PGR3 or NFS, since the control is so different in those.

[quote name='SpyderGT']Great, great game. I've got about 60 hours invested in it. There is really just one hard achievement. Often said to be the hardest achievement around right now, for any game. There are a few others that take time and skill, but that one hard one takes so much more effort. Probably not worth the 60 gamer points, but I'm still working on it ;p
[/QUOTE]

Not even close to beating Smash TV without continuing.

One BB still had ten copies, but no Gamer Gift Cards in sight, only the music one was around. And a lot of those unlimited rental flyer things. Not too bad though. Two 360 games for $20 each today. Glad I didn't buy them at launch!

Oh come one, no one? No one's going to do it?

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDGGGEEEEE RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAACCEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those that don't know, FYE are running the trade 2 in for 1 new until Wed the 9th. Here is your chance to get Dead Rising or any other 59.99 gamne for 30 bucks!

[quote name='benjamouth']Baaaa, had to order from the website cos my local BB didn't have it and I've got no way of checking instore availability at BB or CC. :bomb:

Thanks anyway OP, $23 is still a good price, I'll be having nightmares tonight about that lost 3 bucks though ;)[/QUOTE]

It takes you a few minutes to pick up a phone and call the store to find out if they have it in stock.

[quote name='Tyvan']For those that don't know, FYE are running the trade 2 in for 1 new until Wed the 9th. Here is your chance to get Dead Rising or any other 59.99 gamne for 30 bucks![/QUOTE]

Crap almost forgot about this. Now the question is if they'll take 2 of the same game or not.

[quote name='seanr1221']Crap almost forgot about this. Now the question is if they'll take 2 of the same game or not.[/quote]

The one where I live does. So I bet they all do. :D

Ridge Racer=$15 after CCG
King Kong is on sale for $20 at Sears, PM that and save on tax at least
Madden 06 is $20 used at EB/GS

Good luck, I plan on getting Ridge Racer and King Kong, playing them for a day, and then ditching them for Dead Rising.

bread's done
Back