Ridge Racer 6 (XBOX 360) $19.99 at BestBuy.com ($15 after GGC)

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
7547407.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7547407&productCategoryId=pcmcat66900050002&type=product&tab=4&id=1128337921969

$14.99 after GGC* coupon (provided it's the same price in-store, which it should be).

Great price after GGC for a 360 game. I'm a big fan of the PSP Ridge Racer after picking it up cheap at GameRush so I think I'll pick this up, I played the demo and thought it was pretty good and it should serve as a nice stopgap for me until PGR3 drops to $19.99 which should be pretty soon as well.

* Best Buy Gamer Gift Card Explained:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73

Edit: The PriceGrabber rebate is now gone.
There's also a $5 PriceGrabber rebate for this game, so after GGC and PG Rebate, you can get this game for $10.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=14061514/id_type=M/form_keyword=ridge%20racer

Also availabe at EB/GameStop (user coupon code FREESHIPALL):
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200129

and Circuit City
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Ridge-Racer-6-Xbox-360-/sem/rpsm/oid/139318/catOid/-15584/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

[quote name='y2jedi']Thanks OP,
I needed a racing game anyway.[/QUOTE]

If I were to get this from Target (who hasn't officially drop the price yet) with the 5 buck gift card I have this would be 15 bucks plus the third racing game I would have for 360 outside of PGR3 and Burnout. Which would mean for about the original MSRP of one of these I would have all three.

Pulled the trigger on this one. I'm not a big racing fan, but the price is right. :) Plus I want to check out all those RR6 downloads on XBL.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']so whats this game like?

Is it better than Kameo for 20 bucks? (i personally didnt like Kameo)[/quote]

What's better is purely subjective. I, for one, hated Kameo and have no intention of picking it up, regardless of price. I happen to like the Ridge Racer franchise, so this is an automatic purchase for me. If you like arcade racers with drifting as a gameplay element (for powerslides), then you'll know what to expect from RR6. As much as I like the series, it's not the kind of game I would pay the original MSRP for, but at $20, it's just right.

Not the biggest racing fan besides the Burnout series, but now I'm going to have to download the demo and see if this is worth it.

[quote name='diablofreak']sorry dude. its the 23rd st/6th ave one. BUT my gf told me when i came home that she got the last copy from the store. obviously now she thinks i owe her big time :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Drats...for both you AND me. ;-) I understand what its like when you owe your girlfirend (or in my case, my wife) big time. I trust you'll be going to her favorite places and eating her favorite foods for months... ;-)

[quote name='SpyderGT']Great, great game. I've got about 60 hours invested in it. There is really just one hard achievement. Often said to be the hardest achievement around right now, for any game. There are a few others that take time and skill, but that one hard one takes so much more effort. Probably not worth the 60 gamer points, but I'm still working on it ;p

Problem with this game is that it is so easy to play. Makes it hard to go and try to play PGR3 or NFS, since the control is so different in those.[/QUOTE]
My previously posted thoughts on this game. It is the main game I have played since I got my 360 (I own PDZ, Kameo and Oblivion, too).

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i understand the difference of subjectivity and objectivity...

anywho, would you say this is better than burnout 360?[/quote]

As arcade racers go, I don't think there's anything that can top the Burnout franchise (even with the annoying load times on the 360 version). I still play Burnout Revenge occasionally, when I need a speed fix. The sense of speed, coupled with tight, responsive controls, has yet to be replicated by any other racing game out there.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']thx pixel. From what you guys are saying, id probably enjoy project gotham better[/quote]

I don't know if you've ever played PGR2, but if you have, PGR3 is pretty much more of the same (a nicer selection of vehicles, but not a game that deviates too far from the PGR2 formula). I'm not a fan of the Kudos rewards system (i.e. stringing together moves to form combos) and the A.I. can be unforgiving (make a mistake and your chances of catching up are next to nil), but it's still a good game. Again, it's not one of those games I'd pay full price for, but when it (PGR3) gets discounted to $20 (as all games do, eventually), I'll add this to my game library.

thats exactly what im waiting for (20 dollar price tag)

i decided to get moto GP 06 for 35 shipped. I figured it would satisfy my sim cravings, and it has a nice arcade type feel to it

None at my local BB, none at my local CC, I could care less anymore now that I have Dead Rising.

The fact that the game is $20 at EB / GS now too, I can just pick up one of their many used copies.

shizz, i would just get a PM from circuit city in that case.

Does someone have an ad from EB/GS for this game. I love screwing over circuit city mwahaha

[quote name='Roufuss']None at my local BB, none at my local CC, I could care less anymore now that I have Dead Rising.

The fact that the game is $20 at EB / GS now too, I can just pick up one of their many used copies.[/QUOTE]

You may have to wait a while because based on what is on Gamestop.com the used version of this game is still ten bucks more then the new version.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=200129

Well, I decided that I'm going to buy the game, although I won't have an Xbox 360 for a several months. I love Ridge Racer so much, that I gotta buy it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I decided that I'm going to buy the game, although I won't have an Xbox 360 for a several months. I love Ridge Racer so much, that I gotta buy it.[/QUOTE]

This is the regular retail price of the game so it will still be the same 20 bucks now and several months from now.

[quote name='cdeener']This is the regular retail price of the game so it will still be the same 20 bucks now and several months from now.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but I want to assure I'll get it. I will watch the game, but when I see one copy left, out of several stores (or even not many), I'll pick it up.

man, i loved RR4. i wish they'd remix that baby and bring it out for cheap. the drifting (hell, even the grip) felt just right, and had some of the best graphics from a PSX racing title i've ever seen.

6 is close, but not quite the same. i'm still gonna get it for $14.99, though.

[quote name='racerman8']To lazy to go through all the post in this thread to see if this was mentioned, but Overstock has RR6 for $20 too.[/QUOTE]
A quick use of the "Search This Thread" tool reveals that no, no one else has mentioned it ;)

For all you members mentioning the price being at $20 elsewhere, though it is $20, it is not the cheapest. I'm pretty sure the OP was probably aware of alot of these sites, but with the GGC coupon and the pricegrabber rebate this is the best deal. For all that didn't get in on the pricegrabber rebate, Best Buy is still your cheapest route for this game with the GGC; no shipping cost and you get the $5 off coupon. Also IMHO this game is only for those who are fans of the RR series, drift racing or cheap 360 games. Though not a deep title it does provide a racing fix and decent/repetetive gameplay.

Got mine in the mail yesterday. I still need a 360. This is my 4th game for the systems so far, having picked up Perfect Dark & Kameo for $20 at Sears and Burnout Revenge for $20 at FYE.

This game was pulled from BB shelves. I don't know why. It's still available online, but no more GGCing this SOB.

[quote name='mkelehan']This game was pulled from BB shelves. I don't know why. It's still available online, but no more GGCing this SOB.[/quote]

it was sittin' on the shelf at my nearest Best Buy, as of this afternoon.

[quote name='allyourblood']it was sittin' on the shelf at my nearest Best Buy, as of this afternoon.[/QUOTE]
Well then, must've been a local thing.

bread's done
Back