Ridge Racer PSX problem

doomlv20

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
When I try to play Ridge Racer on my PStwo it gets to the Galaxian loading screen then when it goes to the Namco logo it stops loading. It just stays there, I can press X and I hear the shooting sound from Galaxian but I get nothing else. So i decided to put it in my computer and try it with ePSXe. The loading is a little choppy but it does load it. However when I tried to make an image of it on my computer I got a bunch of bad sector errors.

So, I looked at the disc and it looks almost perfect there are only a couple of very light scratches on it. So is this problem with the disc or my PStwo?

help is much appreciated.

its the disc, RR for ps1 DOES NOT LOAD AT ALL.

once it gets past the inital booting of the game, the game runs totally off the memory of the system. this was so you could put in a music cd and race to whatever music you wanted. im not sure if you can still do that on ps2, but it was a sweet feature back in the day.

Well today I picked up another copy of Ridge Racer and this one is even more messed up than the last. It doesn't even get past the Playstation logo, it just sits there and nothing more. Im begining to wonder if I should just buy it new. Grrrrr.

[quote name='doomlv20']Well today I picked up another copy of Ridge Racer and this one is even more messed up than the last. It doesn't even get past the Playstation logo, it just sits there and nothing more. Im begining to wonder if I should just buy it new. Grrrrr.[/QUOTE]
#-o

Anyway, I can't imagine why it isn't working. Ridge Racer isn't listed as one of the PS2-incompatible PS1 games.

[quote name='Scorch']Umm.. he just told you that it won't work on the PS2/PSTwo, dude.[/QUOTE]

No one said it would not work for PS2/PSTwo.

It works on my PS2, but the music is screwy in-game. I might put in another CD during play, since it's for my kid and he'd probably enjoy listening to his wonderfully irritating music.

bread's done
Back