Ridiculous Price Increase at EB Games: Need for Speed Most Wanted now $34.99 used

saskwatch76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all, thought I'd start a new thread, about EB price increases to avoid! I have seen a few, this is one that takes the cake: Need for Speed Most Wanted for Xbox 360 has increased this week from $24.99 used to $34.99 used what the f is that about?? Anyone seen any other crazy used price increases lately at EB too?

EBgames used prices fluctuate constantly on a game to game basis. A little while back, I bought a used copy of The Rub Rabbits for DS for 5 bucks. About two weeks later, it rose to 25. But on the flip side, while games can raise in price unexpectedly, they can also drop without notice.

This is nothing new.

It does still seem to be a pretty popular game especially for a 360 launch title. What is also surprising is that it is most likely still at a high enough trade in value to qualify for the EB promos.

This game is terrible, I'm glad I didn't spend any money on it! Definitely not worth this ridiculous price!

Much better and cheaper racing games out there, people.

Need for Speed Most Wanted is a great game, this price just chokes me! I have slowly re-bought all the 360 games I had when it RROD'd on me last year and this price blew my mind, unbelievable.

[quote name='lustyhitter']$34.99 for a nearly 5 year old game? Ridiculous indeed. Still, Most Wanted remains one of my favorite racing games.[/QUOTE]

This. No other post-Hot Pursuit 2 NFS has come close to MW.

I can never find MW on sale anywhere, would like to re-add this to my collection, NFS:MW is one of the best in the NFS franchise this gen.

[quote name='thegamecubist']This. No other post-Hot Pursuit 2 NFS has come close to MW.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, now i just hope the new NFS Hot Pursuit lives up to this.

I call this the anti-deal. When stores actually raise up the price of items they had lowered, or raise up the everyday price. I remember during last year's Game Days EB Games had shown Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for $34.99, when its everyday price since launch was $29.99.

Also, I picked up DragonBall: Revenge of King Piccolo new for Wii about two weeks ago for $9.99. This week the new copies are going for $19.99. lol

kinda ridiculous, but when you have played the following entries in the series, you know why this one is a little harder to find and costs more than the others.

you can also note that if you see a 10$ used game at BBV, it's sure to be 39.99 at EB Games.
Life goes on...
You just have to shop elsewhere...

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']People buy used games at EB?
I mean why bother if the new price is within $5 like 90% of the time...[/QUOTE]

This is true and I agree with games that are currently in print. However, I use EB Games as a source for games that are not in print anymore and buy them used (if the price is cheaper then resorting to Ebay etc.).

EB (soon to be Gamestop) is good for older games. I've never bought a "new used" game from them. Amazon or Walmart is usually cheaper to buy new than EB is selling it used for. Hmmm... $49.99 new at Amazon, or $54.99 used at EB?

You still have to use your best judgement. $35 for a 5 year old game? Hmm, maybe not today.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Do we really need to track price increase? I have enough work tracking price drops, thanks.[/QUOTE]

who put the gun to your head and made you read this thread? heaven forbid this isn't about a deal you can hop on and hoard, no one wants discussion if you can't get games to flip at eb, thanks.

On another note, this game was a lot better than carbon, which i thought sold for 19.99, and generally rare-er games sell for more. This is like the 2007 version of racing, as so they dont make them anymore.

Also, they need to make money somehow right!?

Too often do we see games at EB drop and jump. Just this month demon souls went from 45 used to 39.99 to 29.99 and then jumped back to 39.99. But now u can't even find a copy cause they are all at fs. Lol

bread's done
Back