ridiculous super smash review

All EBgames.com reviews are total pish. Positive or negative, they're always worthless. And talk about piss poor grammar.

Nothing sells me on a game better than exclaimation points and "LOL"s.

[quote name='terribledeli']All EBgames.com reviews are total pish. Positive or negative, they're always worthless. And talk about piss poor grammar.

Nothing sells me on a game better than exclaimation points and "LOL"s.[/quote]

LOL, YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, I am in an odd mood today)

[quote name='Demon-Xanth']The problem with user reviews is that you can't filter out the morons.[/quote]

Thats the problem with the internet in general.

I hate the Gamestop magazine gameinformer, They gave Mario Party 5 a rating of 1, because it was too repetative. Yet all the yearly sports games get a high rating, what the hell???!!!!

Reviews are reviews, they're just the opinion of the person that wrote them. If someone happens to not like a game other people do like, and gets it in print, it's not worth getting too upset over. Having said that, it's great when you write a review and people take the time to say they agree with you! :D

I've always hated the customer reviews on the EBgames.com site. I would say that a good 80% of the reviews are incoherent ramblings and idiotic statements that help no one with their buying decision. Also, I thought that they (EB) actually GO OVER what is submitted for the site. Obviously, they don't, as there are quite a few posts with swearing and irrelevant statements.

I also dislike the way people are allowed to have comments posted on games that are far from their relase date (like a month or two), and the posts mainly consist of "this is going to rule!".

So, never really take the customer reviews to heart, unless the review is actually relevant and useful in describing and analyzing the game. I rarely ever use the customer reviews as "good advice", and I'm sure a lot of other people feel that way.

[quote name='frap']If you enjoy the "so bad it's funny" reviews at ebgames.com, you may like this collection of fake reviews which were actually posted:

http://www.gamesuck.com/archive/gamestop.html[/quote]

I especially like the "3-on-3 action with the Gamecube multitap!" review for Soccer Slam. Mad props for posting that site, frap (and since your new, welcome to the boards)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='frap']If you enjoy the "so bad it's funny" reviews at ebgames.com, you may like this collection of fake reviews which were actually posted:

http://www.gamesuck.com/archive/gamestop.html[/quote]

I especially like the "3-on-3 action with the Gamecube multitap!" review for Soccer Slam. Mad props for posting that site, frap (and since your new, welcome to the boards)[/quote]

Thanks! I also like the review for Grand Theft Auto (unfortunately, it was not posted).

bread's done
Back