Rift 4.99 Standard $ $9.99 Collectors edition (DIGITAL)

WOW, screw you Trion! They just had a father's day sale not even 2 weeks back for almost double this price!

What gives!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I hope to god this is a joke.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a valid question, but he does need to re-read the OP :p

I've been wanting the referral items for a while now. I'd even be willing to paypal $5 to an individual to offset this price if they would sign up under my referral e-mail for a free account first. (sub fee is still on them).

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in that, PM me.

Been playing the game for a couple months and still liking it.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I hope to god this is a joke.[/QUOTE]
Can understand your reaction, since the standard upgrade says no game time; however, the Father's Day sale (which was just a few weeks back) had the same Digital Collector's upgrade on sale for $17, had the same wording on the site (includes everything the standard edition has), yet still gave 30 days free.

So the question is quite valid, despite the website stating otherwise.

[quote name='JKSonic']The no free time just kills it when it's been $20 before with free time...[/QUOTE]

Well it's not really "free" time when it's $15 extra for a $15 one-month subscription, is it? That's a much worse deal since you're forced to pay full price for a one month subscription with it.

At least this way you can buy a longer subscription block for a discount or get a sale on timecards.

Why would asking if it comes with game time be a joke?

The joke is that it's $20 and not $5 for the game then ... this is proof that Rift is suffering the same fate as Aion and all the other crap attempting to compete with WoW.

I played Rift for a couple days ... wasn't at all impressed, reminded me of Warhammer for some reason ... I'd still prefer WoW and even find that rather mundane and boring. I wish someone would actually do something innovative and new with an MMO ... sadly even the Old Republic will most likely turn out to be another War Craft of the month clone with a star wars skin ... but at least it will be an updated clone with voice acting etc ... Rift failed to impress and it's obvious they're getting desperate for new players.

Basically you can get a 7-day referral trial code from someone, then upgrade it to a permanent account for $5 or $10 dollars. After those 7 days, you have to subscribe to keep your account.

It should be noted for those of you who want the refer-a-friend content and don't mind paying for it, you can easily buy 3x$5 accounts and immediately cancel the subscription to gain all the refer-a-friend content on your main account.

[quote name='zakai']Can understand your reaction, since the standard upgrade says no game time; however, the Father's Day sale (which was just a few weeks back) had the same Digital Collector's upgrade on sale for $17, had the same wording on the site (includes everything the standard edition has), yet still gave 30 days free.

So the question is quite valid, despite the website stating otherwise.[/QUOTE]

This is incorrect. Many people thought they got free play time even though it said no free play time, but we all got charged for the first month that same day.

bread's done
Back