Rift CE 19.99 Amazon

I've heard A LOT of positive things about this game, and $10 is a great entry price; HOWEVER, one key component remains: does this include the 30-day free trial?

[quote name='Mr Dude65']OP, you should update OP a little. The physical copy is Amazon's DotD at $9.99, and you can get the physical CE (which contains an 8GB flash drive and gaming mouse pad) for $17.99. 8 bucks for the extras is well worth the upgrade, IMO.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Rift-Collectors-Pc/dp/B004HKB0XA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311000559&sr=8-3[/QUOTE]

I am thinking of picking up the CE edition but I am also wondering if 30 days of gametime are included. I am guessing that they are but I am not 100%.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']I am thinking of picking up the CE edition but I am also wondering if 30 days of gametime are included. I am guessing that they are but I am not 100%.[/QUOTE]

I would think so, but even if they aren't, it's a great deal on the game!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I would think so, but even if they aren't, it's a great deal on the game![/QUOTE]

Yeah I just bought it. Just searching around on google it seems both the physical standard and collectors edition come with 30 days. Thanks for the heads up on the CE though. I was about to get the standard edition but the extras in the CE are well worth $8. USB stick alone is.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Yeah I just bought it. Just searching around on google it seems both the physical standard and collectors edition come with 30 days. Thanks for the heads up on the CE though. I was about to get the standard edition but the extras in the CE are well worth $8. USB stick alone is.[/QUOTE]

You're very much welcome! Wish OP would update, though!!!! Maybe I'll just make another thread...

I picked it up from Steam a week ago for this price and I love it. Any fan of WoW should definitely check it out.

Slightly tempting, but I'm kind of put off by the fact that they also demand a CC/Paypal/time card to activate the free 30 days included with the game

So wait this is the deal of the day? Damn it, I have some credit coming in from some games I shipped out Friday, been waiting for this to go on sale again. It's on sale so often I guess I shouldn't worry, just annoying is all...you'd think by now it would just be a permanent price drop though.

[quote name='JKSonic']So wait this is the deal of the day? Damn it, I have some credit coming in from some games I shipped out Friday, been waiting for this to go on sale again. It's on sale so often I guess I shouldn't worry, just annoying is all...you'd think by now it would just be a permanent price drop though.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, the CE is. Only the standard is the DotD.

What? You're saying the CE IS a price drop? If that's true that's awesome and I'll buy it later this week...just think it's probably on sale since the standard is DotD

[quote name='JKSonic']What? You're saying the CE IS a price drop? If that's true that's awesome and I'll buy it later this week...just think it's probably on sale since the standard is DotD[/QUOTE]

Well, the C.E. definitely is not a DotD, so the only explanation for the price would be that amazon dropped it. I've personally never known Amazon to drop a C.E. to match a DotD without including it in the DotD. So, yes, I would confidently say that it was a drop! However, Amazon's prices often fluctuate, so act fast!!!

Well it'll be at least until Wed, maybe Thursday. Sent out my trade ins at lunch time on Friday so, all in Amazon's hands now... Spend way too money on photography stuff lately so don't want to front myself the money either.

In for the CE for my wife. The digital extras are worth it for all your characters.

Also, all retail copies come with 30 days of play time. Most digital versions should too, unless they're part of Trion's "special sales".

[quote name='Guerrilla']In for the CE for my wife. The digital extras are worth it for all your characters.

Also, all retail copies come with 30 days of play time. Most digital versions should too, unless they're part of Trion's "special sales".[/QUOTE]

thats what im most concerned about. can anyone confirm that these digital copies come with game time. my plan is to buy and redeem on steam, but if that doesnt work ill just download from amazon.

Hell I need a new flash drive anyway. For $18 I'm just getting an MMO with game time, a comic, and a mouse pad free with it. :D

In for one even though I bought it during the Steam sale. Will I be able to use the 30-day trial to extend my account past the 30-day trial I'm already on? This is still a decent deal even if I can't!

[quote name='Vendetta']In for one even though I bought it during the Steam sale. Will I be able to use the 30-day trial to extend my account past the 30-day trial I'm already on? This is still a decent deal even if I can't![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the 30-day trial is just a code that can be tacked on to any current subscription. At least I hope so, because that's what I'm hoping to do. Played the game for a month or two around the time it was released and enjoyed it.

That's a pretty good price on the CE, almost tempted to pick it up even though I got the standard edition from Steam when it was $10 (and haven't activated an account yet, so I could probably sell that to someone else). Wouldn't an 8GB flash drive alone pretty much cost as much as the difference in price? To bad the CE doesn't have free shipping on it like the standard since it's technically the "normal" price now, guess you'll either need to add $7 worth to your cart if you don't have Prime.

[quote name='sinned47']thats what im most concerned about. can anyone confirm that these digital copies come with game time. my plan is to buy and redeem on steam, but if that doesnt work ill just download from amazon.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that all copies of the game sold by any retailer, even digital copies, will include the 30 day gametime. It's only the ones sold by Trion directly that are specifically marked as not including gaming time that don't.

I already bought a digital copy of rift a while back... for $18 I just purchased the CE. The extras alone are worth it lol.

Haven't played a decent MMO in years, but I've heard good things. Well worth this price point, so you bet your booty I'm in for an $18 CE. The bonuses are awesome compared to some other games. Oddly enough I actually need a mousepad at the moment.

I had the physical Collector's Edition pre-ordered for ~$70 for months, but canceled about 2 days before launch.

Beta dramatically turned me off to the game, but I still enjoyed the soundtrack, artwork, and could use another USB key.

In for one! If anyone wants the Collector's Edition CD-KEY and digital items for $10 (or $13 shipped), PM me :p

If you need a 8gb usb drive then that CE isnt to bad hehe. Better yet if you want a steel series mousepade also.

I think I might grab one and give it a try. Thanks for the notice

Getting it, i've heard good things about this game.
Everyone keeps complaining about some issues and comparing them to current MMO games...games that have been live for years, give this game the time to work out its issues and it'll be a big name.

Had to scoop one up after seeing the unboxing (CE contents are awesome) and overall praise from reviews. I promised not to get into any MMOs again, but fuck that. MY GTX580 needed something to grind on anyway.

Well it looks like it is a price drop on the CE but not to what it was yesterday. It's back up to 19.99 but still a great deal, I'll definitely pick this up when my credit comes in. They received my trade ins at 2am (?) last night so today or tomorrow.

I bought this brand new for my wife when it came out, and its a great CE. Big box, nice extras, etc. I bought the game itself on the steam sale a few weeks back, and now picking me up the CE on amazon now too just to keep one unopened. Thanks.

bread's done
Back