Rift for free

Is this the Steam version or the retail "physical" version? Like, do they send you a code in an email that you can redeem or do they mail the game with box and everything to you?

Can't find it. Only shows Rift for 19.99 on the website (Free Trial too). Anyone have a direct link?
Edit: nvm, found it. Proxy I was using was bad.

[quote name='Headhumper']Is this the Steam version or the retail "physical" version? Like, do they send you a code in an email that you can redeem or do they mail the game with box and everything to you?[/QUOTE]

There's no way they would mail you a physical copy for free.

It's not letting me redeem the code, Is it a UK-only code too?
Edit: Never mind, I forgot you have to redeem it on the site.
Edit2: It looks like I still have to enter a payment option, Is there a way around this?

[quote name='BlankUsername32']There's no way they would mail you a physical copy for free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. Silly me...

[quote name='tankyroo']It's not letting me redeem the code, Is it a UK-only code too?
Edit: Never mind, I forgot you have to redeem it on the site.
Edit2: It looks like I still have to enter a payment option, Is there a way around this?[/QUOTE]

I entered a payment method & then cancelled my subscription. Still says I have 30 days left.

[quote name='ifacebook']Can someone PM me a proxy? The one I am using doesn't show me the picture for human verification.. -.-[/QUOTE]

Register without a proxy and then login to the UK site with a proxy. They both use the same account.

This was also given out for free at the NYC Comic Con too. That was a physical copy and only during Fridays. I was late but I found a few copies on the floor with working codes.

Don't you still have to pay a monthly fee?

This is from the "Rift - Free Trial" description on GMG:

Rift is a subscription-based MMO and a monthly fee is required to play. The first 30 days of this fee are included in the purchase price of this package. You must provide a valid credit card to register and play.

Yes, you're just getting a copy of the game free, instead of the current retail price of $30. You also get 30 days free. After that, subscription kicks in.

This web proxy worked for me: www.daveproxy.co.uk

I only used it to add the game to my basket, did the sign up and the checkout normally, since they had issues with the proxy (missing CAPTCHA etc).

If anybody cares, the code you receive is unusable in Steam.

bread's done
Back