Rift on sale this weekend - $9.99 [June 17-19]

jasno

CAG Veteran
https://www.riftgame.com/en/products/

I play Rift, its a solid MMO so far. The leveling was enjoyable, as is the class system. The company seems to update the game much faster than other companies. The only downside I have the with the game so far is that the end game isnt as vast as I would like. But I believe in there is a patch coming in about 1 month with more PvE and PvP end game content.

Anyways for 9.99 you cant go wrong with this game, but be aware after the first month there is a $15 monthly fee, like most mmos these days.

It might also be worth mention that the $9.99 does NOT include any game time, so you'll still end up paying an extra $15 to play the game you just bought...

The Collector's Edition does though which makes it cheaper than the regular. Also, there's a thread out there already with this deal but in that thread and this one posters ignore the fact that the original post already mentions the regular edition doesn't come with game time and tells everyone again and again that there's no game time.

[quote name='KenjiWB']It might also be worth mention that the $9.99 does NOT include any game time, so you'll still end up paying an extra $15 to play the game you just bought...[/QUOTE]

If there's no free game month, what's the point? [shrug]

I just don't know about this game. I played the trial with a buddy and it seemed ever so familiar - WoW without a soul. Everything was by the books, the fourth iteration of copying anothers work (D&D -> Warhammer -> Warcraft -> Rift). I just read that they sold, as of last week, somewhere in the neighborhood of 700,000 copies which would give them tops 400,000 active subscribers. Given the massive number of servers, I worry that the dead low level zone in the high pop server I was on is the case everywhere. A paltry user base spread too thin.

Someone convince me to give it a shot. I'm not sold.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']I just don't know about this game. I played the trial with a buddy and it seemed ever so familiar - WoW without a soul. Everything was by the books, the fourth iteration of copying anothers work (D&D -> Warhammer -> Warcraft -> Rift). I just read that they sold, as of last week, somewhere in the neighborhood of 700,000 copies which would give them tops 400,000 active subscribers. Given the massive number of servers, I worry that the dead low level zone in the high pop server I was on is the case everywhere. A paltry user base spread too thin.

Someone convince me to give it a shot. I'm not sold.[/QUOTE]

you actually took the words right out of my mouth.
it does feel like WoW, but an improved version. unfortunately for rift, ive played WoW off and on for 6+ years and ive already experienced everything it has to offer and then some.

it is neat that they have free server transfers forever, maybe theyll address the massive number of servers problem like you stated.

my main gripes were what i listed before, and that pvp relies on tanks and healers. right now its almost impossible to burn down a flag carrier if he has one or two healers on him

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']It's going to be on sale for 24.99 this week at best buy- considering that probably comes w 30 days free it's just as good a deal[/QUOTE]

Collectors comes with the free month and its $16.99.

I do enjoy the game, but it was hyped like hell and it's dying pretty fast (at least from what it seems).
A game to come out in March at $40, to be $10 now.. just seems "desperate".

I'm going to take a break from it for a while, as I found nothing to do (other than raid) at 50. There needs to be a reason I want to play in between raid days.

For no free month 9.99 isn't a deal...it's been $25 on sale a few times before. If the collectors is truly 16.99 and comes with the free month then that IS a deal though.

Too bad I just go BlOps at GoHastings for $20 or I'd jump on the CE.

I just tried to buy, figured $16.99 for CE plus a month is a good buy. But my purchase has been declined, twice. Are they swiping this deal?

I'm a fuckin' retard, I entered a digit wrong on my card.

bread's done
Back