RIP George Steinbrenner

Wow so it's true? Ap mobile just said someone close to him thinks he won't make it. He may be disliked by many but he built one hell of a team

Just heard this on sportscenter. Seinfeld immortalized the man through their parody of him. George Steinbrenner was a ruthless business man who got what he wanted. RIP.

awwww.gif

The man was very polarizing, much like the Yankees themselves. For the most part people either loved him or hated him. He will be missed.

Even though I hate the Yankees and hated the fact they bought many old Red Sox greats like Wade Boggs. I would have loved to have George Steinbrenner as owner of the Red Sox because he would do anything to win. He would publicly call out players and managers (hell he fired skipper Billy Martin five times). If the Yankees were worth a gazillion dollars he would spend half of that to make the team better. Sure he was not perfect but he was always loyal to the Yankees organization and would speak his mind all the time. He was a very hands on manager and it got him banned from the league twice.

I feel like I did when Bo Schembechler died back in '06 just before OSU vs Michigan. A huge figure for a team I absolutely hate passes away. I respect both of them for their love and determination to make their respective teams successful. Another side note is they both were born and raised in Ohio so that helps as well. :lol:

Both men saved two of the greatest sports rivalries from falling into total mediocrity.

RIP George "The Boss" Steinbrenner

Last edited by a moderator:
I learned to love him as a Yankees fan even though I didn't always approve of the fear he brought upon the team sometimes. R.I.P.

bread's done
Back