RIP Mitch Hedberg?

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I Was Hoping To Work With Him On My Project. This Is A Terrible Thing And God Bless His Family. He's Almost As Funny As Steve Zahn When We Filmed Happy Texas (available On Dvd Now).[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

This a tragic thread (if it's true), but this cracks me up.

Man, I have seen him a bunch of times....really unique and hilarious...always seemed on the cusp of being a big star....i was so bummed when I read the news article today.

RIP Mitch Hedberg

[quote name='Maizrim']Fark's headline is saying he died from a heart attack.

Sheesh. I better stop eating all that fast food.[/QUOTE]
it's a shame how many great comediens have been lost this way. Look at john candy and chris farley. they are the funniest people i have ever met

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Damn it, why couldn't Larry the Cable Guy have died, or something? Why? WHY?[/QUOTE]

Even if you're joking, it's not cool to say something like that. Think before you type next time, OK?

Anyway, Mitch's death is definitely a shocker. Someone just posted that Yahoo! had the obit up, and it looks like the Associated Press is the source, so it's still unlikely that it is an April Fool's joke. I've seen fake stories on Yahoo, because there are certain ways that any person can put out a press release. However, the AP is a legit source. Unless Mitch got his whole family to screw with the press. Ugh, who knows?

I like a good April Fool's joke, but faking a death goes too far. If Mitch is indeed dead, he is putting a lot of people through unnecessary sorrow. We've heard reports that his tour dates are still active... that friends of his have talked to him and that he's fine...

One odd thing is that his website was down all day (since his fans flocked to the website to see if his death was real). It is now back up, and nothing has changed. The tour dates are still active, and there is no mention of his death anywhere. Not even a simple message or anything.

Well, I'm sure within the next 48 hours all questions will be answered.

You just ruined my Friday :(

I missed his last show here and now I don't even remember why.

Funniest comic I ever heard.

In memorial of Mitch:
"I never got a hole in one... but I did hit a guy... and that's WAAAAY more satisfying. I know I'm supposed to yell fore, but I was too busy saying there's no way that's gonna hit him!"

"I went into a donut shop and bought a donut and they gave me a receipt for the donut. Man... I just want a donut, we don't need to bring ink and paper into this! I cannot think of a situation where I'd have to prove I bought a donut. 'Oh man, I had a great donut this morning' 'No you didn't' 'Oh yeah?'"

If you never saw/heard one of his shows, look for his Comedy Central special. Absolutely hilarious. His delivery and completely random jokes made his show one of the funniest night of my life. He'll be missed.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I Was Hoping To Work With Him On My Project. This Is A Terrible Thing And God Bless His Family. He's Almost As Funny As Steve Zahn When We Filmed Happy Texas (available On Dvd Now).[/QUOTE]

I like the cut of this guy's jib.

It's strange that his web site hasn't changed, but if you look at/call some of the various gigs, they should say it was cancelled.

Well, I can only hope that Mitch is in peace, whever he is. He brought a ton of joy and laughter to many many people, and will surely be missed.

RIP Mitch. :(

This is some of the saddest news I've heard in a while. I've had the pleasure of being able to see his stand-up live, and it only solidified the fact that he is and was my favorite comedian of all time. While I wouldn't go as far as to say he was a genius, he definitely deserves a nod for his creativity and originality.

I'm sad that I won't be able to hear any new material, or see him at the Improv this June, but I'll always remember and admire his comedic style. He will be missed.

.............damn............at the end of his Comedy Central Presents.......
"RIP Mitch Hedberg
1968-2005".............

bread's done
Back