RIP: Spicy Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich (2004-2007)

uagent

CAGiversary!
So I went to Burger King last night to get my favorite meal from them, the Spicy Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich (when you order it, be sure to get extra sauce, as it makes a great dipping sauce for fries). However, I was thwarted, as apparently Burger King is rolling out some crappy $1 spicy chicken sandwich that includes the spices in the breading. The guy at the counter expressed his own regret at the passing of the sandwich, as it was his favorite sandwich as well. :cry:

So what I'd like to ask is if anyone can confirm the end of the Spicy Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich (I don't care about the normal one, as it is quite subpar compared to the long chicken sandwich), or if it was just that Burger King. In the interim, I shall bid the sandwich a fond farewell:

RIP Spicy Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich 2004-2007
spcytendercrisp.png

[quote name='panasonic']was it 75% of america overweight in 2015?
[/quote]

By BMI which is the dumbest fucking thing to go by as damn near everyone already would be considered over weight

[quote name='fart_bubble']By BMI which is the dumbest fucking thing to go by as damn near everyone already would be considered over weight[/quote]
100-yr old health measurement index, debunked by most modern health experts, FTW!

And that being said, it's right about time for me to hit up the gym :)

Ehh, I'll take Wendy's spicy chicken sammich over BK's rip-off any day of the week. Well, I guess not ANY day of the week 'cause I'll only eat at Wendy's like once a year. That stuff's not good for you!

Reminds me of:

Krusty: Look, about the Ribwich. There aren't going to be any more. The animal we made 'em from is now extinct.
Homer: The pig?
Otto: The cow?
Krusty: You're way off. Think smaller. Think more legs. People, we went through something magical together. And it's not important who got rich off of whom, or who got exposed to tainted what. And because you believed in my dream, I want you to fight over the last Ribwich ever made.

:)

Has there ever been a thread to mourn over the food stuffs we loved which have gone forever?

Few weeks ago I had my last can of Black Cherry and Vanilla Coke, I was toasting my Fed-Ex cup victory on Tiger Woods 07, it was a beautiful moment :cry:

Good.

Another greasy temptation gone.

And yes, I'm bitter about the fact that I don't eat fast food anymore. Sometimes, it just really hit the spot.

I can't find White Chocolate M&M's any more. I think it was a limited time thing tied into the new Pirates movie, but that stuff was amazing. I bought a pack of those every day at a vending machine, but now they are all gone. I am hunting all around town for them, but I can't find any :(.

That does suck I loved the Spicy Tendercrisp. Other good fast food items taken away include Buffalo Chicken Sandwich ($1 wendys), Wild Mountain Chicken (Wendy's) and the pizzas from Mcdonalds. Luckily for me I have pretty much stopped eating fast food, but those items were good!

[quote name='naes']
Who cares? I still miss my Chili Cheese Burrito from Taco Bell more.[/QUOTE]

There are times when someone on your ignore list makes a post like this, AND TOTALLY REDEEMS THEMSELVES.

[quote name='naes']Who cares? I still miss my Chili Cheese Burrito from Taco Bell more.[/QUOTE] They still have those. At least around here. Of course, I don't eat them any more.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']I just ate one yesterday.[/quote]

Yeah, I got to enjoy what may be my last one tonight at lunch (I work 330-midnight..yay!). The crappy breaded spice chicken sandwich on the $1 menu seems poised to replace the Spicy Tendercrisp sandwich, and for that I hate it. I quite frankly hate any of the chicken sandwiches with the spice built-in, how am I supposed to use the sauce for my fries? Bastards...

That sucks. BK had better not mess with the Rodeo Cheeseburger.

I'd say the discontinued fast food items I miss the most right now are the Jack In The Box Western Cheeseburger (one of the best dollar burgers ever imo) and the Taco Bell Extreme Cheese and Beef Quesadilla.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']That sucks. BK had better not mess with the Rodeo Cheeseburger.

I'd say the discontinued fast food items I miss the most right now are the Jack In The Box Western Cheeseburger (one of the best dollar burgers ever imo) and the Taco Bell Extreme Cheese and Beef Quesadilla.[/QUOTE]

McRib.

[quote name='mr ryles']you should have gotten the Extreme spicy one then.[/QUOTE]
Was that the one with jalapeños? That wasn't spicy, either. :cry:

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Good.

Another greasy temptation gone.

And yes, I'm bitter about the fact that I don't eat fast food anymore. Sometimes, it just really hit the spot.[/QUOTE]
At least you are not acting all high and mighty like some people on here do about fast food. If it tasted like crap it wouldnt sell, I had a double burger for the first time in months the other day from whataburger... it was great... and I still put in almost 2 hours at the gym later that day so I wasnt worried... heck Im not gaining much weight lately anyway, could help... I just need to stick to grilled chicken sandwiches

[quote name='Staind204']That does suck I loved the Spicy Tendercrisp. Other good fast food items taken away include Buffalo Chicken Sandwich ($1 wendys), Wild Mountain Chicken (Wendy's) and the pizzas from Mcdonalds. Luckily for me I have pretty much stopped eating fast food, but those items were good![/QUOTE]

I forgot all about the McD's pizza's... the last one in my area that had then stopped about 5 years ago... but you had to get the combo with salad, fries and pizza were too much together.

[quote name='zman73']I forgot all about the McD's pizza's... the last one in my area that had then stopped about 5 years ago... but you had to get the combo with salad, fries and pizza were too much together.[/QUOTE]

Damn really, only 5 yrs ago? They stopped serving them around here when I was about 8-9, I'm 21 now. It's been so long ago , I forget what they even tasted like.. I just know I loved them lol.

I could go for some pizza about now.

And $1 chicken sandwhich from Burger King FTW. I hope it's better than the Wendy's one. Spicy Chicken sandwhich at McDonalds is the best one so far.

Alright, someone mentioned McDonald's Pizza. That stuff was great, I have been mourning the loss of that menu item for last decade and a half (since I was like 10). Another menu loss at fast food that I miss is burger buddies from BK.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']There are times when someone on your ignore list makes a post like this, AND TOTALLY REDEEMS THEMSELVES.[/QUOTE]
Good one Harry

btw...where do all you chili cheese burrito-less people live?....around chicago they're still at all taco bell's i can think of.

[quote name='Staind204']That does suck I loved the Spicy Tendercrisp. Other good fast food items taken away include Buffalo Chicken Sandwich ($1 wendys), Wild Mountain Chicken (Wendy's) and the pizzas from Mcdonalds. Luckily for me I have pretty much stopped eating fast food, but those items were good![/QUOTE]

I love the Wild Mountain combos. It made it so hard to decide, between burger or chicken. I hope they bring them back again.

I agree wholeheartedly on the Wild Mountain items from Wendy's... The burger and chicken sandwich were about the only thing I ate at Wendy's. Anyone remember the Rancho Steak Burrito at Taco Bell? I think it was on their menu for a few months back in the mid 1990s. I was in high school then, and it was my favorite thing on the menu!

[quote name='Staind204']Damn really, only 5 yrs ago? They stopped serving them around here when I was about 8-9, I'm 21 now. It's been so long ago , I forget what they even tasted like.. I just know I loved them lol.[/QUOTE]

Roughly about that long maybe a couple years loner, it was odd because the place I got them in mobile stopped a year or so earlier... but after dating a new girl, we were in Biloxi for the weekend, and stumbled across a back street McD's and they had them... they were good

Ive mourned alot of food items no longer made over the years... Hubba Bubba bubble gum soda, and Keeblers Chachos tortilla chips in cinnamon sugar flavor are the two I really miss the most... my gf and I would down an entire bag of those chips in one sitting, I dont know how they didnt last

Fast food wise... nothing strikes me at the moment except that McHero sandwich a few year ago which was 3 burger patties on a hoagie roll with chees and all the usual goodies... McD's philly steaks were good too... and I DO remember Hardees had the BEST philly steaks for a fast food place until I stumbled upon a chain of drive ins in Mississippi called Bumpers... as for McDonalds they still use that steak in their bagel sandwiches...mmm... definatly a once in a long time thing for me, most mornings its oatmeal

[quote name='whoknows']I could go for some pizza about now.

And $1 chicken sandwhich from Burger King FTW. I hope it's better than the Wendy's one. Spicy Chicken sandwhich at McDonalds is the best one so far.[/QUOTE]

When did McDonalds start having a spicy chicken? Or do you mean the $1 Hot and Spicy one they had about 6 yrs ago?

Wendy's also dropped all of the Frescata sandwiches from their menu when they dropped the Buffalo Crispy Chicken Sandwich. It's like they were cleaning house.

Also, the Taco Bells around here started serving Chili-Cheese Burritos again about a year or two ago. That's pretty much my favorite form of bowel punishment. The KFC in Russel, KY still serves Chicken Littles. My g/f is addicted to them.

My favorite discontinued fast food were the wraps from Long John Silvers. I used to go get a Two-Fisted Baja Chicken Wrap. That's right... I could handle a two-fister... I'm not ashamed.

Minnesota area Taco Bells have always offered the Chili Cheese Burrito, and they have never given me the shats. I must have an iron stomache.

As far as $1 sandwiches go, you can't do better than the BK double cheeseburgers. They are actually big enough to be a great value, unlike McDonald's double cheeseburgers, which are pretty small, and should really be like .79

Arby's needs to get on the Dollar Menu Bandwagon.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Minnesota area Taco Bells have always offered the Chili Cheese Burrito, and they have never given me the shats. I must have an iron stomache.

As far as $1 sandwiches go, you can't do better than the BK double cheeseburgers. They are actually big enough to be a great value, unlike McDonald's double cheeseburgers, which are pretty small, and should really be like .79

Arby's needs to get on the Dollar Menu Bandwagon.[/QUOTE]

I saw the BK Double Cheeseburger for 1$ when I was in Vegas, but I think that must be a regional thing because up here in CT it's no dice. I haven't seen them available at any BK up here... regrettably too, cause that's a sick deal.

Imagine my dismay Monday when, upon entering my local Wendy's branch, they no longer had the Buffalo Crispy Chicken Sandwich on the menu. In a last bid of desperation I asked the individual taking my order if they still had the sandwich, to which she responded, "NOOOOOOOOO," (I'm 100% serious, she yelled it. it was like the darth vader moan. my girlfriend and i were weirded out). But regardless, getting that sandwich plain with cheese was fucking delicious, and now what? Now I have to spend like 4$ to get a sandwich made out of REAL all-white-meat chicken in order to sate my buffalo desire. Come on.

[quote name='Staind204']When did McDonalds start having a spicy chicken? Or do you mean the $1 Hot and Spicy one they had about 6 yrs ago?[/QUOTE]
I'm talking about the hot and spicy one. I get it all the time since it tastes good and it's only $1

My fav dollar item has to be the jr bacon cheeseburger at wendy's... remember them raising the price briefly before having to lower it again

All this talk about junk food has gotten me on a junk food kick again, I caved in for the 3rd time in the past 2 weeks and got Krispy Kreme (2 chocolate iced and one glazed kreme filled...perfect!!)
But since I ran 8 miles later today, I needed the empty calories. I read an interesting article on a man who runs the ultramarathons (100+ miles) and when he goes for a 100-200 mile run, all he eats is junk, he has pizzas delivered to him while he runs. He referred to it as rocket fuel, considering how many calories the body burns an hour running, and multiplying it times 24-48 hours... one would need serious caloric intake

For me.
It's all about a BK Double Stacker and a King size fry.
There is something about that sauce that just makes that burger amazing.
It's only second to frisco sauce from steak and shake:)

bread's done
Back