RIP to my PSP

sublime90

CAGiversary!
so back in 2007 i bought the daxter bundle series 2000 psp that nice silver one. i really like the psp i bought bunch of games, a giant memory stick and even a few minis. the one thing i never had was a case. last week i noticed best buy had there big blowout sale and a psp case was involved for $2 and i snagged one. the case comes in i admire it and place my psp in it and put it in my drawer. Fast forward to today ..............i take the psp out from it case and power it up......to notice the screen is fucking cracked. the outside looks fine but once its on you just see about 30 cracks and a solid black screen. guess now i'll just have to buy a plain old black 3000 to finish up the psp backlog but RIP soldier.

That sucks. Sorry for your loss, but the 3000 is a lot better screen wise. They're a lot cheaper now too so it isn't too bad.

Well, replacing the screen is probably cheaper than buying a new (or used) PSP. I've had to change mine out a few times already and it is still working great

I'm actually kind of curious to how your situation happened and what kind of case you used?

Asking this because one week in a case shouldn't really do that. Unless somebody borrowed your PSP, not pointing fingers at anybody, just a little shocked that would happen.

I have a PSP silver 3000 ratchet & clank bundle and a PSPgo I bought used from Gamestop. Also, got a backlog of UMD games that I've considered backing up just in case something happens.

[quote name='sublime90']so back in 2007 i bought the daxter bundle series 2000 psp that nice silver one. i really like the psp i bought bunch of games, a giant memory stick and even a few minis. the one thing i never had was a case. last week i noticed best buy had there big blowout sale and a psp case was involved for $2 and i snagged one. the case comes in i admire it and place my psp in it and put it in my drawer. Fast forward to today ..............i take the psp out from it case and power it up......to notice the screen is fucking cracked. the outside looks fine but once its on you just see about 30 cracks and a solid black screen. guess now i'll just have to buy a plain old black 3000 to finish up the psp backlog but RIP soldier.[/QUOTE]

lmfao, same shit happened to mine. NOBODY touched my PSP 2000 and the screen was perfect yet booting it up it cracked. I bought a screen replacement on ebay and installed it myself. fucking BS if you ask me.

the case i was using was this one
picture.php
its a hard case and the metal psp thing in the middle of the case happens to be right against the screen when you zip it shut kind of unprotected. it seemed like it had enough breathing room in there but obviously i was wrong. thanks for the advice to buy the replacement screen on ebay i didnt even think of that plus the screens are dirt cheap only like $30 so in a few days im going to install it and see what happens.

You should try the Sony Traveler case or the Logitech Play gear Pocket (I have both). They're both clear plastic cases, pretty thick, but the Traveler case has a hinged plastic screen protector that locks over your PSP screen.

Sony Traveler case:

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Traveler-...8&qid=1354120244&sr=8-1&keywords=psp+traveler

Logitech Play gear Pocket (sold out at Amazon, but these were being blown out for $5 or less for a long time in different places):

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PSP-...id=1354120426&sr=1-2&keywords=playgear+pocket

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have a Japanese launch 1000 here (actually my husband's from when he was working in Japan). The load times are total shit but I'm too cheap to get a 3000.

[quote name='chimpmeister']You should try the Sony Traveler case or the Logitech Play gear Pocket (I have both). They're both clear plastic cases, pretty thick, but the Traveler case has a hinged plastic screen protector that locks over your PSP screen.

Sony Traveler case:

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Traveler-...8&qid=1354120244&sr=8-1&keywords=psp+traveler

Logitech Play gear Pocket (sold out at Amazon, but these were being blown out for $5 or less for a long time in different places):

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PSP-...id=1354120426&sr=1-2&keywords=playgear+pocket[/QUOTE]

so that is the logitech case for a 2000 model? I have one for my 1000 but have been looking for one for my 2000 star wars bundle, GS said Logitech never made on for the 2000 (slim) model...

[quote name='gkargreen']so that is the logitech case for a 2000 model? I have one for my 1000 but have been looking for one for my 2000 star wars bundle, GS said Logitech never made on for the 2000 (slim) model...[/QUOTE]

Says in the description:

Secure snap closure keeps your PSP (2000 and 3000 series) safe and in place while on the go.

I would definitely recommend the Sony case. The interior piece adds some extra screen protection plus keeping the PSP in the case. Also the top part that holds the UMDs is removable if you wanted to add graphic printouts as shown on logitech case page.

[quote name='Talgrund']I would definitely recommend the Sony case. The interior piece adds some extra screen protection plus keeping the PSP in the case. Also the top part that holds the UMDs is removable if you wanted to add graphic printouts as shown on logitech case page.[/QUOTE]

I have that Sony Traveler case and love it. Has protected my silver PSP-3000 for a long time now, and its easy to play the system while still in the case. I did drop the case once, and it popped open, sending my PSP onto the ground, but there was no damage thankfully. It snaps closed, but can pop open if dropped, just a warning.

FYI the Sony Traveler case has been "converted to preowned" at GameStop. Bought a brand new one (marked as preowned) for $4.99 on Friday. If you need one of these, grab it while it's cheap!

nope the butt case i bought cracked it but i didnt even realize it at the time. when i zipped the case shut it was a tight squeeze but i had no idea how tight it was until i later went to power it on.

bread's done
Back