Risen - $38.88, Divinity II - $39.56 at HKofferhouse

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
:360: Risen
:360: Divinity II

Never heard of these two games, but I just stumbled across them while browsing HKofferhouse. These two games look like RPGs in vein of Fable/Dragon Age.

Both are region-free, both are completely in English. Both don't come out until late December or early January in the US.

Shipping is $4, additional items: $2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='earvcunanan']:360: Risen
:360: Divinity II

Never heard of these two games, but I just stumbled across them while browsing HKofferhouse. These two games look like RPGs in vein of Fable/Dragon Age.

Both are region-free, both are completely in English. Both don't come out until late December or early January.

Shipping is $4, additional items: $2.[/QUOTE]

I played the Risen demo a while back when it came out on Steam and I had a lot of fun with it. I can't pay the $50 entry fee but it looks like its a really fun RPG. Its made by the same folks who did the Gothic series and a lot of reviews said the developer redeemed themselves for Gothic 3, which I guess was sub-par for this studio.

Divinity II..as in the sequel to "Beyond Divinity" for PC? huh...I might have to take some looking at that.

This may be a stupid question, but could someone explain how these are the asian versions yet they have english dialogue/text in game? I've never understood this I guess, hopefully someone can explain this to me.....

You know I know this may sound weird but they say.. more people in asia speak english then in the Us. Just what I heard.

[quote name='slimin1122']This may be a stupid question, but could someone explain how these are the asian versions yet they have english dialogue/text in game? I've never understood this I guess, hopefully someone can explain this to me.....[/QUOTE]

Some Xbox 360 games in Asia have English dialog/text because publishers can't be bothered to release their games in different languages, so they put out games that can be accessible to pretty much everyone in Asia in one language, with an option for sub-titles.

Has anyone ordered from this site before? Any issues, slow shipping, etc? Also, I'm assuming if there's DLC, I'll have issues trying to use them from the US marketplace?

Last edited by a moderator:
I imported Risen. It is a direct evolution from the Gothic series. If you like Gothic and want it on a console then you will like it.

[quote name='groundskeeper']BTW Risen was supposed to be released in the US in late Oct this year. It is released in Asia and UK.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Delayed to 2010 for US, it's really weird.

[quote name='Bruticis']Has anyone ordered from this site before? Any issues, slow shipping, etc? Also, I'm assuming if there's DLC, I'll have issues trying to use them from the US marketplace?[/QUOTE]

I ordered the Dragon Age Origins CE from them and had the game in-hand within 10 days. Was very pleased with their service.

Nice catch, groundskeeper! I'm debating back and forth about getting them or waiting, that settles it for Dvinity II :)

[quote name='flop']Yep. Delayed to 2010 for US, it's really weird.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing weird about it. Apparently the game looks terrible on consoles and the developer is working on a patch, which is probably why it was delayed in NA so they could patch it up on the disc and ship it in as good a shape as possible so all of their effort doesn't flop its way into the bargain bin.

[quote name='Bruticis']Nice catch, groundskeeper! I'm debating back and forth about getting them or waiting, that settles it for Dvinity II :)[/QUOTE]

Actually in the item information it does not list NTSC-U/C but in the compatible information it lists NTSC-U/C so I would assume it is not. Luckily it come out in a month. (Unless delayed) But that price would be nice.

bread's done
Back