Road Redemption -- new "Road Rash" style game -- Kickstarter

Looks pretty cool, I backed it, hope others do too, since I've been hearing so much about how much people want a new Road Rash. (I don't have an affinity either way)

Just hope they can get some word out since they're asking for a modest amount but enough they'll need some support to get too.

I used to love Road Rash so I am highly interested in this, especially when they said it's pretty difficult to shoot someone with a rifle going 100 mph on a motorcycle.

Sold :D

Giving this one a little bump, I can see some people having KS burnout at this point, but this game deserves a little love, and I'm shocked there's not more CAGs interested in this game.

This looks awesome, sad to see how far away from their goal they are with how much time is left though, I saw this back when it first went up and sent it to a couple of people I know who loved Road Rage as well.

Saw the PC logo...thought Red Dead Redemption was being released for PC, left disappointed.

I recall this game, I had it for the N64, fun game I didn't play much.

I was shocked that they managed to get the funding goal at when everything was down to the wire. I thought a few of the games I'm backing were going to go unfunded (Jagged Alliance being the last one that's very close) but this one had major issues with the team not getting the word out. (they put the word out at the beginning of the campaign, then one week before it ended, then dead silence, until the campaign ended, not the way to end strong with a KS project)

And also the rumor was they asked all of their developer friends who wanted to pledge to wait until the last 3 days to pledge, (Which was a wholly stupid thing to do) as many KS projects many people won't bother with if they look like they won't succeed. And I know they lost a lot of money when it was rumored that the Road Rash creator was talking about a new RR game (which turned out to be an iOS game) and many people waited and didn't pledge because of that.

Anyway after backing projects for over a year now I've seen excellent campaigns, crappy ones, and one's people won't fund because of who's involved (John Romero & and Denis Dyack are poison to KS projects) and this one could have been ran much better than what it was, even with KS burn out settling in for a lot of people and some shady practices and not being 100% transparent on things (Shadowrun devs) people are being tighter with support, so I wouldn't expect to see anymore mega KS funded projects like Project Eternity or Torment.

Sorry for the rant...just happy this succeeded, but they could have done better, IMO.

bread's done
Back