Rob Zombies New CD

Vampire Hunter D

CAGiversary!
Geffen Records has set a March 28 release date for the new ROB ZOMBIE album, entitled "Educated Horses". The follow-up to 2001's "The Sinister Urge" was recorded at Los Angeles' Chop Shop Studios with co-producer Scott Humphrey and will include 11 tracks — including an acoustic number called "Death of It All", "Seventeen Year Locusts" and the album's first single, "Foxy, Foxy".

"We were just very inspired this time," Zombie told MTV.com. "It's amazing how different things can be when you work with people who are excited and energetic and just so into it, that they just really inspire you to create things."

ZOMBIE's upcoming tour with LACUNA COIL and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE will be his first outing since last summer's Ozzfest, where he headlined the second stage with a band that also included former MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5, drummer Tommy Clufetos and bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson.

"Before Ozzfest, I didn't have any plans to tour again at all. I was sort of sick of it, truthfully. Everything with my last band started to turn ugly and it wasn't that fun," he explained to MTV.com. "With the new band, I just had such a good time that really, as corny as it sounds, it seemed like the old days — we're having a band, we're playing and it's just fun. Once being in a band turns stressful, you go, 'What the f--- am I doing?' It was really fun, and we came off the tour and started making a record and it just clicked. The record ... we were like, 'These are the best songs ever. It would be stupid not to finish it.' "

Cannot wait.

I wonder in what way his sound has progressed. The two new tracks that were on PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE were slightly '70s hard rock infused with hip-hop production elements.

That's one of the reasons I very much enjoy Rob Zombie's scope of work -- the progression.

I just cant wait to hear thats first single. It sounds damn interesting. the earliest i see the single being released is late Feb/ Early Mar. The only Zombie cd i have is the Past Present Future one. Ive been meaning to get his first two for ages but have still not done so. And before its asked no im not really a fan of White Zombie.

I consider White Zombie a part of Rob Zombie's progressions. White Zombie, post late '80s EPs, was entirely Rob Zombie's vision ("Devil Music, vol.1" and beyond).

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Wow! Is it going to sound exactly like all his other R Zombie albums?![/QUOTE]

Hysterical.

[quote name='Brak']Cannot wait.

I wonder in what way his sound has progressed. The two new tracks that were on PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE were slightly '70s hard rock infused with hip-hop production elements.

That's one of the reasons I very much enjoy Rob Zombie's scope of work -- the progression.[/QUOTE]

There's one word I don't think I'd ever associate with Zombie's music, and that's progress. He's like AC/DC in that sense - you may like him, you may not, but for the most part, you can't help but feel that there's a standard recipe for songwriting that they're deathly afraid to deviate from.

If there wasn't, he'd have done a lounge album by now.

I also haven't forgiven him for "Dragula," a song so whored and licensed to every goddamn thing on the face of the planet that I think a bowl of Cheerios I poured back in 1999 was playing the song as I was eating.

I do, however, bet the farm that he was far too many "yeah"s in the album.

I like Rob Zombie... buy whew, his last CD was horrid. Think he is offering a trade in program anywhere? Trade my last uninspired / stressful CD I did with a so so band for my new CD I did with a band that clicked?

And now I've just gotten my notice from ticketmaster that tickets go on sale tomorrow (show is April 15th). He's playing the same place my graduation was held at. :lol:

I've also gotten an email from Adult Video Universe telling me that fuck Dolls 4, 5, & 6 are all on sale for $13.99 each. You know, if anyone is interested. :cool: :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']
I've also gotten an email from Adult Video Universe telling me that fuck Dolls 4, 5, & 6 are all on sale for $13.99 each. You know, if anyone is interested. :cool: :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm just amazed you're admitting you're on their mailing list.

I once thought of a thread simply called, "Spam." And people would list the subject of their last 25 spam emails. But I realized it would be so explicit thst I'd probably get banned.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I'm just amazed you're admitting you're on their mailing list.

I once thought of a thread simply called, "Spam." And people would list the subject of their last 25 spam emails. But I realized it would be so explicit thst I'd probably get banned.[/QUOTE]:lol:

Well, now they're so random that they're more funny than explicit.

[quote name='mykevermin']There's one word I don't think I'd ever associate with Zombie's music, and that's progress. He's like AC/DC in that sense - you may like him, you may not, but for the most part, you can't help but feel that there's a standard recipe for songwriting that they're deathly afraid to deviate from.

If there wasn't, he'd have done a lounge album by now.

I also haven't forgiven him for "Dragula," a song so whored and licensed to every goddamn thing on the face of the planet that I think a bowl of Cheerios I poured back in 1999 was playing the song as I was eating.

I do, however, bet the farm that he was far too many "yeah"s in the album.[/QUOTE]

I've paraphrased the evolutions of his sound by choosing a track from some of his albums over his discography. I know you won't listen to them, but this is my rebuttal, regardless.

Three or four vocal changes, numerous changes in musical form and presentation, often reverting / back-tracking and blending, change is lyrical content and "image".

I agree that he sticks to a formula (his style) with his '70s disco / dance rock with horror / counter-culture overtones and undertones, but he's talented enough to keep it fresh by representing differently and keeping it fresh.

The evolution of White Zombie, within itself, is amazing, in my opinion -- from trashy, gutter lo-fi stage metal to a satire on stage metal (presented in hi-fi w/ horror undertones) to extremely hi-fi genre-bluring disco metal / electronica with horror / space overtones back to mixing the two middle roads together when he composed music under "White Zombie", on his own (for "I'm Your Boogie Man", "Rat Finks...", "I Am Hell", etc.).

White Zombie - Gentleman Junkie [Gods of VooDoo Moon; 1985]
White Zombie - Welcome to Planet Motherfucker / Psychoholic Slag [Devil Music, Vol.1; 1992]
White Zombie - Electric Head pt.2 (The Ecstacy) [Astro-Creep: 2000; 1995]
White Zombie - I'm Your Boogie Man [The Crow 2 OST; 1996]
White Zombie - Ratfinks, Suicide Tanks And Cannibal Girls [Beavis & Butt-Head OST; 1996]
Rob Zombie - The Great American Nightmare [Private Parts OST; 1997]
Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl [Hellbilly Deluxe; 1998]
Rob Zombie - Bring Her Down [The Sinister Urge; 2001]
Rob Zombie - Pussy Liquor [House of 1000 Corpses OST; 2003]
Rob Zombie - Girl on Fire [Past, Present & Future; 2003]

Note that each track sounds more like the one before it than if you pick and compare from different timelines. Progression.

One must differentiate between white zombie and rob zombie (the bands). They were both different insofar as White Zombie was great in how different their songs can be, and how good their guitarist and drummer were. Rob Zombie's vocal range remained constant, but the songs were far more interesting.

Once White Zombie broke up and Rob Zombie did his own thing, it was just chugging on drop C tuned guitars and has stayed that way since Hellbilly Deluxe.

Check out Robs myspace account for the fisrt two singles off the album hitting stores March 28th. The two songs are Foxy, Foxy and Let It Bleed Out. I like the latter better. Foxy sounds kinda weid at first but now i dig it.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Check out Robs myspace account for the fisrt two singles off the album hitting stores March 28th. The two songs are Foxy, Foxy and Let It Bleed Out. I like the latter better. Foxy sounds kinda weid at first but now i dig it.[/quote]

Gah, I really don't like "Foxy, Foxy" at all! Ugggh....

Only thing I really care for now by him is the song he did with Alice Cooper. As far his tour is concerned, I would only go for Lacuna Coil (they need to headline in the US dammit), but its sold out at the NorVa in Norfolk. Funny that his concert is March 25th, and his little brothers group Powerman 5000 is March 27th. Too bad both are annoying now. I think it says a lot that Robs tix were going for 30 a pop, while PM5K is going 13.50. Either way, nothing can beat the In Flames show I saw a few weeks ago (I've never seen openers whip the crowd into a frenzy like they did). Though I'm sure The English Beat show next week is gonna rock as well...

Personally, I cannot stand Foxy Foxy so far.. its about as much of a pop-beat as you can get. Have Justin Timberlake sing the song with the same music behind it and it wouldn't sound at all wrong.

Robs gonna be on Leno tonight. Dont know if hes a musical guest or just talking about the album. I really hope hes not on the same time that Matt STone and Trey Parker are on Letterman.

Ok he is gonna be singing but not Foxy Foxy hes singing a song called American Witch. And i think the video for Foxy Foxy is out now. Watchin it over at Yahoo.

Rob Zombie is retarded for White Zombie. Why the hell let your wife make her own group if you're the main singer in both and produce the same genre of music?!

The cd is actually pretty decent. Kinda softer and more mellow then usual but still good.

Although I may just think that because it is the only cd all year that doesnt completely suck.

bread's done
Back